PDA

View Full Version : I have a real Question...Why in the Hell are...

Sooner1979
10/24/2007, 10:27 PM
the Refs and Umps in College football as old as Dinosaurs...I am starting to think that 90% of these guys couldn't see their wanker's if they had a magnifine glass, yet we allow them to make game changing calls from 30-40 yards from a moving play...

They should have an age limit on this profession...Or at least a physical fitness test that assesses whether or not these guys could see their hand in front of their face...

I for one am tired of it, it sure takes the fun out of watching football...

Soonerus
10/24/2007, 10:30 PM
the Refs and Umps in College football as old as Dinosaurs...I am starting to think that 90% of these guys couldn't see their wanker's if they had a magnifine glass, yet we allow them to make game changing calls from 30-40 yards from a moving play...

They should have an age limit on this profession...Or at least a physical fitness test that assesses whether or not these guys could see their hand in front of their face...

I for one am tired of it, it sure takes the fun out of watching football...

Based upon your post, I have a real question, what is the connection between hand and wanker ???

CatfishSooner
10/24/2007, 10:49 PM
Based upon your post, I have a real question, what is the connection between hand and wanker ???

:eek: :O

:pop:

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2007, 11:43 PM
Problem is, some of them couldn't see their wankers if they HAD a magnifying glass...At least not without a mirror and a few of the mangino-like ones couldn't see it then either!

Redgiant2
10/25/2007, 12:37 AM

And based upon yours I have a question too. Do you have an IQ above 80 or were you emotionally stunted as a 12 year old? Just curious if you think your 11000 posts entitles you to be a complete ***?

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2007, 12:43 AM
Well, that seems to make a bunch of other people think they can be jackholes, so why not Rus? At least he's always joking around.

yermom
10/25/2007, 01:49 AM
to answer your question, i don't think it pays very well to be a ref, so you either need to have a good day job, or be retired...

from what i understand the replay officials are even older ;)

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2007, 01:51 AM
and dumber!

Mazeppa
10/25/2007, 07:52 AM
And when they are too old to be on the field, they put them in the replay booth. Make sense?

Curly Bill
10/25/2007, 11:17 AM
...and they can't see very well.

Whet
10/25/2007, 01:20 PM
Humm....

http://etc.lawrence.com/galleries/images/KUvsTulsa/hires/smmanginomad.jpg

Curly Bill
10/25/2007, 02:03 PM
Is he checking to see if there's a small child in there?

What I wouldn't give to have Mangino back though...just sayin...

Crucifax Autumn
10/25/2007, 11:54 PM
I wonder if the zebra can rub Mangino's belly and pat his head at the same time?

OU Adonis
10/26/2007, 12:16 AM
I wonder if the zebra can rub Mangino's belly and pat his head at the same time?

Arms aren't long enough.

Crucifax Autumn
10/26/2007, 12:50 AM
So maybe he can pat his own head.

limey_sooner
10/27/2007, 05:59 AM
I didn't remember the Buddha having hair and wearing sunglasses and a blue sweater

bluedogok
10/27/2007, 09:16 AM
to answer your question, i don't think it pays very well to be a ref, so you either need to have a good day job, or be retired...
When my wife was an official (about 10 years ago) the pay for most D-IA games was about $2,000 + expenses per game, for D-IAA games (like at Texas State) was about $1,200 per game. Officials are on a contract basis, not hired directly by the conference so they are responsible for their own taxes.

Charla
10/28/2007, 01:44 PM
Two thou ain't chump change. I think as a whole the refs do a very good job and I know if I had such harsh critics watching me do my job very few would think I was perfect either. I wish they would do away with instant replay calls. The Oregon game as an example as well as the call that was made last night in the ASU Cal game,even though I can't find it in my heart to feel sorry for anyone that coached at Miami. Never the less I can handle a blown call from time to time as they will even out , but to make a bad call and then say some BS like further review shows beyond doubt or something like that I can't handle. Maybe they just need to make all bad refs Bouncy- Ball refs as that stuff sux anyway and who cares.