PDA

View Full Version : Predictions on OU's remaining regular season games...

Soonerus
10/23/2007, 09:41 PM
....We win all four then win the Big XII Champiomship game...12-1 and we'll see what bowl game we end up in......

OklahomaTuba
10/23/2007, 09:46 PM
Please don't tell me you are over looking bye week.

Spanish Sooner
10/23/2007, 09:46 PM
we beat A&M after shutting down the A&M run game and forcing McGee to pass(which he can't), OU looks dominant against baylor in Norman. Against Tech, OU starts slow, offensively, but defense goes strong and we win. OSU comes in after losing to texas and Kansas due to defensive struggles. Some how aggy says they are going to "shock the world" but Bradford has a career day and OU goes on to the Big 12 title game to take on either a surprise in Kansas or a rematch against a 1 loss Missouri, which OU wins, going on to either the big one, or the fiesta bowl

SoonerKnight
10/23/2007, 09:49 PM
....We win all four then win the Big XII Champiomship game...12-1 and we'll see what bowl game we end up in......

Anthing else would be wrong........... :D

UberSooner
10/23/2007, 09:49 PM
I'm tempted by your enthusiasm, but . . . Tech in Lubbock. I know we are better than they are and we have traditionally owned them but, we play like crap on the road and they will gamble everything to win that game and we will not. Other than that game, only little brother scares me and that is an irrational fear I deal with every year because I work with so many of those haters and their single minded hatred of our superiority creates dread in my soul. Either that or we totally rape the rest of our schedule and win our 8th national championship.

kevpks
10/23/2007, 09:51 PM
I'm tempted by your enthusiasm, but . . . Tech in Lubbock. I know we are better than they are and we have traditionally owned them but, we play like crap on the road and they will gamble everything to win that game and we will not. Other than that game, only little brother scares me and that is an irrational fear I deal with every year because I work with so many of those haters and their single minded hatred of our superiority creates dread in my soul. Either that or we totally rape the rest of our schedule and win our 8th national championship.

The latter sounds much better to me. Let's do that one.

Soonerus
10/23/2007, 09:51 PM

We win Tech game on the karma of the screw job we received last time in Lubbock alone...plus we are better tahn them....

SoonerKnight
10/23/2007, 09:52 PM

The first part you rambled too much. The last part I can agree with..... ;)

josh09
10/23/2007, 09:53 PM
I say we win out but our schedule kills us in the end and we dont get into the NC, but a BCS bowl for sure.

85sooners
10/23/2007, 09:57 PM
:pop:

Soonerus
10/23/2007, 10:03 PM
I am eating a fricken sandwich waiting to see what happens next because I am a wus and can't act on my own....

sooner59
10/23/2007, 10:42 PM
Well hopefully we win out and luck out and make the BCS champ. game. I will go to New Orleans, but im not going back to Phoenix. It was fun and all (up until the statue of liberty), but im not dropping that kind of money again to go the Fiesta Bowl until I graduate and get a job. I would probably want to kill myself if i went again and we lost again. Then again, i wouldnt be able to go anyway because ill be in sunny Florida for the new year week. Im pulling for the Big Easy (N.O. and Bradford).

HTown77095
10/23/2007, 10:46 PM
As long as our offense shows up for the tech game we'll have it.

sooner59
10/23/2007, 10:54 PM
Agreed.

sendbaht
10/23/2007, 11:17 PM
...."We win all four then win the Big XII Champiomship game...12-1 and we'll see what bowl game we end up in"

I'm going with this one.

CatfishSooner
10/23/2007, 11:26 PM
we'll go 0-4 and fire stoops...

;)

I agree w/ Rus

olevetonahill
10/23/2007, 11:43 PM
I am eating a fricken sandwich waiting to see what happens next because I am a wus and can't act on my own....
At least your Honest !

tommieharris91
10/24/2007, 12:03 AM
we'll go 4-0 and fire stoops...

:eek:

Sooner02
10/24/2007, 12:28 AM
I want to win all remaining games, the Big12, AND the Fiesta Bowl or possibly another sorta important game. I'm optimistic and I think we have a really good team even if we dropped to 6th. I'd be willing to bet there are about 114 teams out there that would love to be in this position. What's not to appreciate if you are a fan?

At the same time, I am also a realist and I can objectively say that we have had two pretty lousy performances, mostly on offense. It's not to say we don't have a good offense, we're 5th in scoring and 21st in total offense. But with the kind of play like last week, there's a real possibility of at least another loss. I don't like saying it, but that doesn't mean it's not a possibility.

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2007, 02:13 AM
Why do so many people sound like Sheephumpers lately? We're gonna win out the regular season, destroy a good and high ranked undefeated KU team in the CCG and in the meantime watch EVERYONE else fall.

Then we'll go to the BCS title game and rip the hearts out of some team yet to be determined!!!!!!

Be Sooners Damn It!!!!

bringit
10/24/2007, 09:41 AM
2 more losses this year :(

dolemitesooner
10/24/2007, 09:54 AM
We could lose a game its not in the bag.

The main reason this may happen is because people , and the media say this and the players read this **** and don't play hard.

CitySooner
10/24/2007, 10:13 AM
Hmmmm.......well, here goes:

Mighty Sooners regroup with the two week reconstruction program and lay it all out on a tired A&M who layed it all out on the Jayhawks the week before. A&M comes into Norman feeling cocky because they upset (was it really?) the highly ranked and undefeated Fighting Manginos. Sorry, but the faux soldier boys get sent back to boot camp by Major Reality as the Big Easy rips their happless secondary apart in a primetime ABC tilt that is over at halftime.

Baylor comes into Norman the following week, and you know what happens. Mighty Sooners have Tech on the brain and don't click on all cylinders. The offense puts up about thirty-something and the defense is the star of the game, in an overall so-so lackluster performance.

The Big Easy's biggest game of his young career in the plains of west Texass. How will he do? Just fine ;) . Tech will load the box thinking that stopping the run will be their key to victory. Well, not today. Bradford has his best game of the year and his receivers catch everything thrown their way as Wilson unleashes an offensive game plan that the Leaches cannot counter. Emphasizing pass and then mixing in new running schemes, the Sooner offense looks championesque. Tech counters with some big plays of their own early, but in true fashion the Sooner D does their job in the second half as OU gets out of Lubbock with an impressive road win, and the 'road monkey' is off the Big Easy's back.

Puke State comes into Norman with aspirations of 2001. They would like nothing more than to end the mighty Crimson's path to Number 8. Not today :D . The Sooner bretheren is at its all time best with the most veracious vocal support ever heard on Owen field. No Puke State offensive play goes unchallenged by the record setting faithful. Crimson is the color of the day for all men who are 40 and all mothers of children. The greatest offense in the world looks confused and bewildered all day, while the Big Easy and company have their way with the worst defense in world. The fourth quarter rolls around and its time to 'send in the subs' as the mighty Crimson win the South again and a trip to San Antone to face the Mizzouri Tigers in a rematch for the Big XII championship.

Mizzou arrives in San Antonio for their first ever Big XII championship game, and deservingly so after knocking of the Jayhawks in Kansas City to finish undefeated in the North. Aspirations are running high in Columbia and all over the Tiger Nation, with dreams of BCS and even national championship implications on the line. Talk of legends being born and even movies being made are heard throughout Tigerland. :rolleyes: NOT! Unfortunately for the Mizzou faithful, they are dancing to the same song, second verse. Repeat of Norman. Sooners make the plays on defense to put a close game away late, and OU wins another Big XII championship and BCS bowl birth with a 41-31 victory over Mizzouri.

adoniijahsooner
10/24/2007, 11:31 AM

I understand that you are concerned about the Tech game, because its on the road, but Colorado and iowa state had 2 things in common. They were both against unranked opponents with not alot of attention on the game, and both were at 11:00 am in the morning. Any game we played with any amount of fanfare we have done fairly well in. THe tech game everyone will be picking tech to beat us, the game will be in the evening and oklahoma will be ready.

OklaPony
10/24/2007, 11:51 AM
Is it a fricken chicken sandwich? Is your Momma hand feeding it to you?

Man up! Be Forty! [hairGel]

:D

My prediction is we win out, as does SuC, everybody else loses at least once (more), and we go kick some Condom azz in Da Big Sleazy!

jeremy885
10/24/2007, 02:07 PM
You had me until here.

Wilson unleashes an offensive game plan that the Leaches cannot counter.

;)

SoonerBOI
10/24/2007, 04:49 PM
4-0 we go to the FIESTA.

The Maestro
10/24/2007, 05:03 PM
I will go to New Orleans, but im not going back to Phoenix. It was fun and all (up until the statue of liberty), but im not dropping that kind of money again to go the Fiesta Bowl until I graduate and get a job.

If we go the BCS Championship and LSU is the opponent, you might as well not go to NO until you graduate and get a job, either. Tickets will be four digits.

soonervegas
10/24/2007, 05:11 PM
I am a pessimist this week:

A&M - W
Baylor - W
Tech - L
OSU - W

Big 12 Champioship (Mizzou) - L

Cotton Bowl (Auburn) - W

11-3

TUSooner
10/24/2007, 05:26 PM
I'll fret like crazy over every remaining game, unless we have a 5 TD lead at half time or a 3 TD lead with less that 5 minutes to play.

In other words, it'll be just like all other OU games I have watched since I was about 3. :O

sooner59
10/24/2007, 07:36 PM
If we go the BCS Championship and LSU is the opponent, you might as well not go to NO until you graduate and get a job, either. Tickets will be four digits.

Nah, I can get student tickets to the NC game for around $150 or a little more. Thats what I paid for NC game tickets in '04.

goingoneight
10/24/2007, 08:11 PM
Aggy pwnage... possibly a shut-out... definitely a blowout. There will be no doubt left, the FRANchise has but four more weeks.

Baylor comes into Norman with nothing to lose, and still manages to lose... bad.

I'm waiting on OUr swagger to return before I think about Tech in Lubbock. If the September version of the 2007 Sooners roll into Lubbock, there's not a ref or crew of refs in all of hell who could stop us. If Iowa State's moral victory and Colorado's bitch shows up, that will be ugly.

I don't see us losing to aggy in Norman. Aggy can pull within three TDs, and brag for a year about "almosts" and "if you take away this and thats" all the way until we beat them again in Stoolwater next year. I'm going with 49-24, OU.

BillyBall
10/24/2007, 08:54 PM
Im glad that we have a game up and the head to head on Texas, and Im glad that the Big XII championship is in San Antonio as opposed to KC. Nothing should be expected the way this team has performed on the road and the way that this season has unfolded in general.

HTown77095
10/24/2007, 09:37 PM
Hey y'all I am 40 too![hairGel] Really!

I don't see why everyone is worried about tech. Their defense sucks. They got smacked by Missouri and OSU. They are very beatable. We've gone into Lubbock and won many times before. Just had to dodge a few tortillias. That offense just gotta play like they got a pair!!

hink4769
10/24/2007, 10:11 PM
I don't see why everyone is worried about tech. Their defense sucks. They got smacked by Missouri and OSU. They are very beatable. We've gone into Lubbock and won many times before. Just had to dodge a few tortillias. That offense just gotta play like they got a pair!!
Tech is only dangerous because of the team played on the road agaist the buffs and isu. Tech is much better than both those teams and will be gunning for the upset. Our talented but flawed secondary better bring their A game for that one.
I think we win out. I'm torn with wheter or not I want to play LSU in the BCS. I would really like to beat the crap out of :les: but am afraid of playing them in their backyard.

Soonerus
10/24/2007, 10:13 PM
Tech is only dangerous because of the team played on the road agaist the buffs and isu. Tech is much better than both those teams and will be gunning for the upset. Our talented but flawed secondary better bring their A game for that one.
I think we win out. I'm torn with wheter or not I want to play LSU in the BCS. I would really like to beat the crap out of :les: but am afraid of playing them in their backyard.

Do not want to play LSU in New Orleans, trust me...

CatfishSooner
10/24/2007, 10:22 PM
:twinkies:
Do not want to play LSU in New Orleans, trust me...

It would be f'n sweeet if we beat 'em tho eh? eh? eh?

Crucifax Autumn
10/24/2007, 11:50 PM
Much like most of their opponents this year, if we play a complete game we can take 'em. Not by a huge blowout, but we'd win by 7-10.