PDA

View Full Version : The Replay Show

soonerhubs
10/23/2007, 11:13 AM
Did anyone watch the replay show as Bob Stoops had Phil Loadholdt elaborate on being runner up to Mr. Basketball Colorado? He asked Phil if he'd considered trying basketball here. :D

Also Bob was great asking Alonzo to describe his thoughts while trying to stop the quarterback.

How would it be to have your head coach asK you about events during the season as well? Perhaps a good way to teach the players the talent of Coach Speak...

I thoroughly enjoyed watching Bob's enthusiasm for the game and for his players. It's impressive to see a coach who not only is involved with his players but is also having fun in the process.

People often forget these are young folks playing the game. Bob mentioned in the replay how he'd told Jermaine to keep his head up, after the missed catch that resulted in an interception, and that Gresham would make big plays. I think it's vital to understand these players didn't give up in Ames, and Gresham made a huge play in the 2nd half.

I am really convinced Bob Stoops loves what he does here in Oklahoma, and that's priceless in this game.

Also, the show mentioned John Williams. Is it possible for him to come back next year? He was an amazing end that is really missed on the line.

BTW Curtis Lofton deflected the pass that DJ Wolfe picked off, so props to him as well.

I'm really impressed with how well DJ Wolfe has improved. His tackling was impressive in the ISU game. The open field tackles he had were impressive to say the least. Safety fits him perfectly.

I love how solid our tail back position is, and our O-line will get better.

The beauty of this team is that the defense is hitting its stride just as the Offense is having struggles. When all the pistons are firing this team is unstoppable, and I see all the pistons firing after the bye week. Book it!

Redshirt
10/23/2007, 11:52 AM
We struggled a bit down the stretch in 2000 with our offense. That defense won us a championship.

85sooners
10/23/2007, 12:08 PM
defense baby!!

Collier11
10/23/2007, 12:30 PM
The beauty of this team is that the defense is hitting its stride just as the Offense is having struggles. When all the pistons are firing this team is unstoppable, and I see all the pistons firing after the bye week. Book it!

Great Post!!! Props! The Defense does seem to be hitting its stride, we did give up 24(not 31) to mizzou, but how many of the points against colorado and mizzou were off of Turnovers? We start eliminating turnovers and we are giving up less than 15ppg as a D! Now we get our O going again and we
---->> COULD <----- roll through the rest of the regular season!

stoopified
10/23/2007, 01:12 PM
John Williams COULD come back as a 6TH year senior next year.He is in the same position that JW was having lost 2 years to injury.He cannot apply for it until after the season.My guess is he will apply and get it.

DJ is playing very well and while this is a surprise to some but not to me.When he was first moved to corner (as a so.) he was very good ,IMHO OUR best corner in'05.I recall well the long interception for TD he had against KU and I'm thinking there was another int for TD,but my memory fails as to whom the foe was.The shock to me came last year when he could not cover anyone,even in a phnebooth. :) I'm very happy for him that he is playing so well as a senior.

mfosterftw
10/23/2007, 02:58 PM
We struggled a bit down the stretch in 2000 with our offense. That defense won us a championship.

We seem to struggle down the stretch most years as our playbook seemingly becomes better researched and thus more predictable... but in 2000 I think a lot of the offensive slowdown was due to Heupel's elbow injury.

TopDawg
10/23/2007, 03:10 PM
We seem to struggle down the stretch most years as our playbook seemingly becomes better researched and thus more predictable... but in 2000 I think a lot of the offensive slowdown was due to Heupel's elbow injury.

In Stillwater it was because of our total inability to run the football even when they were dropping 9 into coverage.

Heupel's injury didn't help any...but OSU was giving us the run and we couldn't take it.