PDA

View Full Version : How Many Sooner Fans Are Saying-ROLL TIDE

stoopified
10/22/2007, 09:47 AM
this week? I know I am.I also will be rooting HARD for Penn State(over TOSU),Cal(ASU),and even (gag)for USC over UO.I am having some qualms about rooting for V. Tech against BC,as they could leapfrog an idle OU.I would rather FSU or Miami beat BC,preferably Miami.Tankfully there ARE a lot of good games to occuppy me during the off week.

OUmillenium
10/22/2007, 09:49 AM
yep

oupride
10/22/2007, 10:10 AM
um...its "ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!"

badger
10/22/2007, 10:17 AM
bammer had nice fans, even if the Alabama education system didn't teach them math (no, an undefeated season does NOT mean a national championship... that is, unless you want to give Auburn one in 2005! Didn't think so...)

So yeah, let them win, let their $4 mil contact payoff in some ways. Rammer Jammer LSU's arses all the way back to Bourbon Street!

MextheBulldog
10/22/2007, 10:44 AM
First things first - i'm sayin' its a white out in Happy Valley when THE (rolls eyes) osu goes to Penn State. Not sure if Big Blue (Mich) can knock off the Bucks - so we need it to happen this weekend....

hink4769
10/22/2007, 10:54 AM
I'm not sure I can root for Nick Saban under any circumstances.

stoopified
10/22/2007, 11:19 AM
I understand but I'm putting the good of the Sooners above my distatste for Saban as well as Pete Carroll and the Condoms.

TopDawg
10/22/2007, 11:41 AM
this week?

I'm gonna save it for next week, when they play LSU. I'm not too concerned with how their bye week goes.

;)

jdsooner
10/22/2007, 01:14 PM
Roll Tide--Roll!

OklahomaTuba
10/22/2007, 01:23 PM
Congrats on yet another National Championship this week Bama!!!

Roll Tide!!!

SoonerMom2
10/22/2007, 01:36 PM

I can root for Saban over Miles plus Alabama fans are some of the nicest in the Country versus LSU fans which I wouldn't give you two cents for so for me it is Roll Tide Roll against Lester and LSU!

Still remember after we clobbered OSU and Miles bring on the suckers comment -- never did get it through his head we were a much better team. Never root for Miles and any team he is with.

stoopified
10/22/2007, 01:39 PM
I'm gonna save it for next week, when they play LSU. I'm not too concerned with how their bye week goes.

;)My bad.I did not realise LSU-Bama wasn't until Nov.4.Still I think Bama can use all the cheering they can get to beat LSU and Lucky.

Roll Tide,Roll

TopDawg
10/22/2007, 01:48 PM
Heh. I'm okay with that. The more mojo we create, the better.

And hink, think outside the box. Maybe we can root for Alabama to win but for Saban to look really stupid in the win. We can hope for a terribly coached game by both teams, only to see Les out-stupid Saban for the loss.

badger
10/22/2007, 01:49 PM
Nick Saban>Les Miles.

However, I must admit...

Satan>Nick Saban>Les Miles

I think big ol' hierarchy goes like this...

Satan>Jim Tressel>Pete Carroll>Phil Fulmer>Nick Saban>Les Miles.

Did I leave anyone out?

;)

TopDawg
10/22/2007, 01:55 PM
I wonder if Beano (RIP) and 04 (RIP) will be pulling for the Tide.

tommieharris91
10/22/2007, 01:56 PM
Did I leave anyone out?

:mack:

SoonerStormchaser
10/22/2007, 02:50 PM
***************, Callahan and Fran

AllAboutThe'O'
10/22/2007, 04:44 PM
Urban Meyer.

soonerboomer93
10/22/2007, 07:49 PM
it's rollin

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/22/2007, 08:42 PM
Satan>Jim Tressel>Pete Carroll>Phil Fulmer>Nick Saban>Les Miles.

Did I leave anyone out?

;)Just the self-esteemed junior senator from new York.

badger
10/22/2007, 09:28 PM
Mack Brown is actually a nice guy despite his Longhorness, but I agree, I did leave a few out. Here is the revised list:

Satan>Jim Tressel>Pete Carroll> Dennis Franchione> Nick Saban> Les Miles> Bill Callahan> Hillary Clinton

jrsooner
10/24/2007, 05:59 AM
Congrats on yet another National Championship this week Bama!!!
Roll Tide!!!

I must say last weekend it was nice in Birmingham. I was there for a TKD tournament for my son, and all Friday night at the hotel, Tennessee fans was noisy as ever. Come Saturday night, they all slipped in very quietly, and took off their Tennessee shirts. :) Let's say I was able to get some sleep on Saturday before driving back to Houston on Sunday.

'Roll Tide!!!" :)

KantoSooner
10/24/2007, 06:09 AM
Badger, you are a complete list maker. But you left out Pol Pot. Right between Nick and Les.

swardboy
10/24/2007, 07:21 AM
it's rollin

[Mike Price] It's rollin' baby!![Mike Price]

Oh, and Adolf Hitler is in that lineup somewhere.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/24/2007, 09:52 AM

;)

I was thinking the same thing Dawg. ;)

badger
10/24/2007, 10:06 AM
Badger, you are a complete list maker. But you left out Pol Pot. Right between Nick and Les.
EHHHH... this is my FINAL list.

...until I get another good suggestion :)

Mike Price> Satan>Jim Tressel>Pete Carroll> Phil Fulmer> Dennis Franchione> Osama Bin Laden> Nick Saban> Pol Pot> Les Miles> Adolf Hitler> Bill Callahan> Hillary Clinton

The important part is, that while both coaches are evil and below Satan, Nick Saban is the lesser of two evils. He is also the lesser of two balls :eek:

Soonerborn03
10/24/2007, 11:09 AM
I wonder if 04 (RIP) will be pulling for the Tide.Don't count on it.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/24/2007, 11:20 AM
I wonder if 04 (RIP) will be pulling for the Tide.

When Brando pulls for Bama, hell will have officially frozen over.

Grimey
10/24/2007, 12:27 PM
Where did Beano go? And for that matter where is Norm? I know Brando just got sick of all the Bama love

stoopified
10/24/2007, 01:20 PM
Heh. I'm okay with that. The more mojo we create, the better.

And hink, think outside the box. Maybe we can root for Alabama to win but for Saban to look really stupid in the win. We can hope for a terribly coached game by both teams, only to see Les out-stupid Saban for the loss.
There ya go,count me in.

Civicus_Sooner
10/24/2007, 01:48 PM
Oh, and Adolf Hitler is in that lineup somewhere.Adolf was too compasionate. - Pol Pot

TUSooner
10/24/2007, 03:14 PM
These are my 3 rules of thumb for college football:
I am for
1. OU - ALWAYS, NO EXCEPTIONS EVER
2. Tulane - unless they happen to play OU (which will be never) or unless a loss would help OU in some way (and I can't imagine that)
3. Whoever plays LSU - I suppose there might be an exception if a loss by LSU's opponent would help OU, but I'd rather not think in worst-case scenarios.

10/24/2007, 03:31 PM
These are my 3 rules of thumb for college football:
I am for
1. OU - ALWAYS, NO EXCEPTIONS EVER
2. Tulane - unless they happen to play OU (which will be never) or unless a loss would help OU in some way (and I can't imagine that)
3. Whoever plays LSU - I suppose there might be an exception if a loss by LSU's opponent would help OU, but I'd rather not think in worst-case scenarios.I too, have a second favorite team. It's my HS, The Tulsa Bishop Kelley Comets-don't flame-out, fellas!

Choctaw
10/24/2007, 04:34 PM
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!!

sooner59
10/24/2007, 07:52 PM
As weird as this season has been, how fitting would it be for Nick Saban (who i despise just a little less than Lester) beats LSU?

85sooners
10/24/2007, 08:50 PM
:pop:

TopDawg
10/25/2007, 09:19 AM
As weird as this season has been, how fitting would it be for Nick Saban (who i despise just a little less than Lester) beats LSU?

Here's the only problem...the way this season is going, it's the unexpected that's happening.

We all thought USC could lose a game...but to Stanford? If we were going to pick a game on Michigan's schedule that they'd lose, App State would be the last one. OU getting beat by Colorado?! Who would we have picked to be the top rated Big East team so far?

Perhaps all this focus on the LSU/Bama game will have a reverse mojo effect on the outcome, thus making the favorite an easy winner.

TUSooner
10/25/2007, 03:30 PM
Here's the only problem...the way this season is going, it's the unexpected that's happening.

We all thought USC could lose a game...but to Stanford? If we were going to pick a game on Michigan's schedule that they'd lose, App State would be the last one. OU getting beat by Colorado?! Who would we have picked to be the top rated Big East team so far?

Perhaps all this focus on the LSU/Bama game will have a reverse mojo effect on the outcome, thus making the favorite an easy winner.
I fear this is true. My only cause for hope is that LSU is on the road.

stoopified
10/25/2007, 04:28 PM
Why would anyone hate Callahan or Mac?They remind me of Goober and Gomer.

Outopia
10/25/2007, 04:56 PM
Pol Pot couldn't iron my shirts. -Joseph Stalin

Civicus_Sooner
10/25/2007, 05:15 PM
http://members.cox.net/renegade_sith2/miscjunk/saban-roll-tide.jpg

10/25/2007, 05:39 PM
Why would anyone hate Callahan or Mac?They remind me of Goober and Gomer.dITTOS. I hope they both stay right where they are!