PDA

View Full Version : It was just a bad call gone good.

oupride
10/22/2007, 09:40 AM
I nicknamed Coach Miles, "Sparky" after his gutsy fourth-down calls against Florida two weeks ago. But there was nothing gutsy about this one (Auburn) at all. It was just a bad call gone good. - Terry Bowden

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=Agh6dP.jpndssVtaaM3A05UcvrYF?slug=tb-sweet16102207&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

OUmillenium
10/22/2007, 09:42 AM
I totally agree, bad clock management worked out in his/LSUs favor.

stoopified
10/22/2007, 09:53 AM
That is why I called Les the DUMBEST and LUCKIEST SOB on the Planet.

oupride
10/22/2007, 09:57 AM
That is why I called Les the DUMBEST and LUCKIEST SOB on the Planet.
I know. Those were almost the same first words out of my mouth after that play. I looked at my wife and said "Les Miles is the luckiest man alive."

soonerx
10/22/2007, 10:09 AM
Did you notice how Miles tried to play it off while talking to the sideline reporter chick right after the game when she suggested the play call was pretty risky? At first he was like "what play?" Knowing full well what she was referring to. Then he said something like "oh no, *pshaw* we still had a timeout, we were gonna call a timeout after that play if it didn't work. We were in control." Right, with one frickin second left on the clock that you very well could have lost. You don't play the clock that closely. What an arrogant SOB. Lucky jackass.

oupride
10/22/2007, 10:14 AM
Did you notice how Miles tried to play it off while talking to the sideline reporter chick right after the game when she suggested the play call was pretty risky? At first he was like "what play?" Knowing full well what she was referring to. Then he said something like "oh no, *pshaw* we still had a timeout, we were gonna call a timeout after that play if it didn't work. We were in control." Right, with one frickin second left on the clock that you very well could have lost. You don't play the clock that closely. What an arrogant SOB. Lucky jackass.
Unfortunately, she began the question with "After the timeout.." Stupid Clueless reporter!! DUH, LSU had NO timeouts!!! I took his expression to mean he was confused with what she way saying. He responded with something like "What do you mean?" He followed it up with saying "We knew we would kick their @ss!" Did anyone else hear that?

TopDawg
10/22/2007, 10:36 AM
Did you notice how Miles tried to play it off while talking to the sideline reporter chick right after the game when she suggested the play call was pretty risky? At first he was like "what play?" Knowing full well what she was referring to.

In his defense, she said something like "after calling that timeout" which probably confused him...since, ya know, no timeout was called.

TopDawg
10/22/2007, 10:37 AM
Uhm...in other words...what oupride said. :O

soonerx
10/22/2007, 10:48 AM
Ah well, I guess I missed the very beginning because I was still cursing :les:

In his defense, she said something like "after calling that timeout" which probably confused him...since, ya know, no timeout was called.

MextheBulldog
10/22/2007, 10:55 AM
BALLSY call - with 25 seconds left i thought they should consider to go for a TD rather than risk the FG attempt, but figured LSU would AT LEAST call a timeout before the play - very, very risky

if they do not make that play and time runs out, tiger fans are calling for the Lester's head...

Did anyone else gag when lester started to go into his "this is a tough team" routine with scrunchy face in the on-field interview?

Piware
10/22/2007, 02:23 PM
I am probably in the minority but don't think Miles has a clue as to what is going on most of the time. Just in the right place at the right time and one of these days it is going to catch up with him big time.

usmc-sooner
10/22/2007, 02:35 PM
I wish Stoops would have had a bad call gone wrong against CU.
Can't really say it's that stupid, they scored and won the game.

Stoop Dawg
10/22/2007, 02:37 PM
Stupid Clueless reporter!! DUH, LSU had NO timeouts!!!

Since you're a newb, I'll assume that you just overlooked the fact that LSU did have one timeout left.

Stoop Dawg
10/22/2007, 02:50 PM
- Terry Bowden

Terry Bowden is an idiot who accidentally said something intelligent.

achiro
10/22/2007, 02:51 PM
I am probably in the minority but don't think Miles has a clue as to what is going on most of the time. Just in the right place at the right time and one of these days it is going to catch up with him big time.
You and Dean Blevins apparently since he said the same thing last night on the news show.

Animal Mother
10/22/2007, 03:16 PM
Terry Bowden is an idiot who accidentally said something intelligent.

You are correct, sir !!!!!

DarrellZero
10/22/2007, 04:26 PM
Les Miles is LSU's Phil Fulmer.

Helluva recruiter, mediocre mind.

oupride
10/22/2007, 04:27 PM
Since you're a newb, I'll assume that you just overlooked the fact that LSU did have one timeout left.
Thanks SD for bringing that to my attention. They did have one time out left. Miles chose not to use it to kick a FG, I overlooked it. My bad. I guess thats why they pay him to make that decision.

kevpks
10/22/2007, 04:42 PM
Pretty funny (but long) write-up on Miles:

http://cfn.scout.com/2/557921.html

SoonerKnight
10/22/2007, 05:51 PM
Yes, Les is an idiot. But apparantly Bowden doesn't think OU should be in the big game. First, Ohio State will lose a game this year and they will drop in the polls. Second, none of the other teams he mentioned wil be in the big game either. They will lose more games except Florida they may be able to win the SEC championship but they still have 2 losses. USC may be able to squeak by and if they do they will be in the game. I wonder about Kansas being in the Big XII game because their offense seems sluggish and shaky their defense so far must be pretty good. If OU had played the second half of the game against CU we would have blown them out! MU is overrated so was TTech! I see a rematch OU and MU. I think we have a very good chance of beating them. As for Saxet A&M I see this as being a game we must score many points or we will drop in the human polls and the BCS as well. The next game is crucial to impressing the voters to get to third and eventually the number 2 spot. If we go into the Big XII champ game ranked lower than third our chances to get to the big game may be really slim. IMHO. ;)