PDA

View Full Version : oSu Battles OU for B12 South,WTF?

stoopified
10/22/2007, 09:21 AM
The Jokelahoman propses that the boys from T.Boone State are OUr primary competition for the South Division Title.I can not understand for the life of me how that works.After they lose to UT because they have no D at all,they will be tied with the Horns(who of course would have the tiebreaker,winning head to head).On top of which they would still have to beat KU.Add to that the fact oSu sucks on the road and the SOONERS await them in NORMAN if they get by both UT and KU.Given oSu has little pass D(and SUCKS on the road)I'm not convinced they CAN win at Baylor.I think oSu needs a quality win BEFORE they get too carried away with themselves.

oupride
10/22/2007, 09:28 AM
The Jokelahoman wants to increase newspaper sales too.

MextheBulldog
10/22/2007, 10:26 AM
hate to say it but osu is a pretty decent team with savage in the backfield....their defense is another story, but with only one loss in conf., they are still in it

achiro
10/22/2007, 10:41 AM
ostate is looking good right now. I am probably more concerned about them that I am any other team on our schedule right now. That may not be warranted concern but its there anyway.

toast
10/22/2007, 10:43 AM
I don't think it would necessarily be a bad thing for osu to come into Norman as a perceived threat.

wishbonesooner
10/22/2007, 10:50 AM
Any game that has Bob Stoops coaching against Mike Gundy is such a mismatch it's borderline criminal.

Curly Bill
10/22/2007, 11:08 AM

What he said...

The Jokelahoman doesn't have to actually believe what they write, they just need fans in stagnant water to belive it, think the newspaper looks upon their team fondly, and in turn they'll buy more newspapers.

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/22/2007, 11:12 AM
Any game that has Bob Stoops coaching against Mike Gundy is such a mismatch it's borderline criminal.

But Mike Gundy is a man...He's 40!

possumfat
10/22/2007, 11:39 AM
From where I sit any team anywhere, anytime can be a threat based on this season. I for one tend to concentrate on one game at a time and thats the way OU should approach each game.

With that said..............OSU is a different team with Savage in the backfield, their defense still lacks but they can score on our defense with the way they pass. We can eliminate alot of their running game with our defense. I hope we run 75% of the time and the rest passing when we play............jam it down their throats and keep their offense off the field.

landrun
10/22/2007, 11:41 AM
uh....OSU is a real threat.

They've taken us to the final play of the game for several years now. We get their best game every year and playing them on the last weekend of the year only helps them get even more fired up for this game. It does nothing for us.

That will be a tough game again this year and I don't see how you could be objective and say it wouldn't be.

toast
10/22/2007, 11:44 AM

They've taken us to the final play of the game for several years now.

in stillwater yes, in norman...not so much.

soonerinabilene
10/22/2007, 11:45 AM

They've taken us to the final play of the game for several years now. .

uh, no.

TopDawg
10/22/2007, 11:48 AM

They've taken us to the final play of the game for several years now.

In Stillwater. Yeah, yeah...2001...but that was the Twilight Zone. The last two games in Norman we've won by a combined score of 84-23.

Now, having said all of that...I think they've got a decent shot at being in contention for the south title when they come to town. If they can just win one of their two toughest games before coming to Norman (Texas and Kansas, both at home) then their game against us will likely be for the title.

StoopTroup
10/22/2007, 11:53 AM
I don't know about a real threat...

The thing is...they have only one conference win which for now...makes good press and sells lots of orange clothing...

I for one would enjoy playing them in Norman for the Big XII South Title if it wasn't for the BCS ramifications.

That little Gundy Peptalk to Carlson will live in infamy if they actually pull it off and meet us in Norman for their beat down.

SoonerBOI
10/22/2007, 12:17 PM
uso offense seems to be clicking. They have no D at all. I think they lose to KU and Texas. I want them to win both so they get spanked by BIG BROTHER.

tommieharris91
10/22/2007, 01:51 PM
As long as they're in a tie for first they can say it.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/22/2007, 01:58 PM
They've beat our *** before when we were good and they sucked. That game always scares me.

The_Red_Patriot
10/22/2007, 02:00 PM
They are 7th in the country in rushing and 11th in offense but they are horrible on defense.

They are ranked 91st in total defense, 32nd rush defense, 115th pass defense

Curly Bill
10/22/2007, 02:02 PM
They've beat our *** before when we were good and they sucked. That game always scares me.

This is true...everything you say here is true.

...but luckily not as true in Norman.

SoonerDood
10/22/2007, 02:09 PM
From where I sit any team anywhere, anytime can be a threat based on this season. I for one tend to concentrate on one game at a time and thats the way OU should approach each game.

With that said..............OSU is a different team with Savage in the backfield, their defense still lacks but they can score on our defense with the way they pass. We can eliminate alot of their running game with our defense. I hope we run 75% of the time and the rest passing when we play............jam it down their throats and keep their offense off the field.
I disagree. EVERYONE has thrown the ball on them! Kansas State with 400 yards passing?! Cmon! I say we throw until Sam's arm falls off.

Curly Bill
10/22/2007, 02:13 PM
I disagree. EVERYONE has thrown the ball on them! Kansas State with 400 yards passing?! Cmon! I say we throw until Sam's arm falls off.

...but in the long run wouldn't that do us more harm then good? :D

TUSooner
10/22/2007, 02:19 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or stab somebody in the face. We lost to CU and almost to ISU, and oSU is more dangerous that eithewr of those. Yeah, we "are" better thah oSU and we "should" win, but to say they are "no threat, no way" is just delusional. It's all about how you play 1 game. :rolleyes:

Read this:

Stoop Dawg
10/22/2007, 02:25 PM
If we follow Troy's game plan we should be fine.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/22/2007, 02:30 PM
If we follow Troy's game plan we should be fine.That was before Jennigate.

OUTrumpet
10/22/2007, 02:30 PM
They are 7th in the country in rushing and 11th in offense but they are horrible on defense.

They are ranked 91st in total defense, 32nd rush defense, 115th pass defense

Wasn't ISU ranked like 117 in a bunch of stuff?

Mixer!
10/22/2007, 03:02 PM
What he said...

The Jokelahoman doesn't have to actually believe what they write, they just need fans in stagnant water to belive it, think the newspaper looks upon their team fondly, and in turn they'll buy more newspapers.
Don't forget, all the good little ags cancelled their DO subscriptions because IT'S GARBAGE! [hairGel]

hybridworks
10/22/2007, 03:03 PM
I view Pokie State as the strongest team on OUr schedule... For anyone who thinks we will blow them out, dont give that ego to the team... They need to believe they will be in for a fight too...

Kray
10/22/2007, 03:32 PM
ostate is looking good right now. I am probably more concerned about them that I am any other team on our schedule right now. That may not be warranted concern but its there anyway.

If it was in Stillwater, yeah. They don't do well in Norman, 2001 aside.

zevogolf
10/22/2007, 03:55 PM
We have our destiny in our own hands....Win out and we are in a BCS bowl...Take a look at all the schedules of teams ahead of us, there is not one with a weak one....Who knows what happens if we win out...I believe that if we do, we are in the BCS championship game!!!!

Stoop Dawg
10/22/2007, 03:57 PM
I know it has no bearing on this year's game, but after all of the "5 of the last 8" crap we had to endure I just want to point this out:

Oklahoma St. Football Series

Games: 101
Record: 78-16-7 (81%)

SERIES NOTES
Longest winning streak: 19 (1946-64) ... Longest losing streak: 2 (1944-45, 1965-66, 1997-98, 2001-02) ... OU is 44-3 (94%) when ranked higher, 0-2 (0%) when ranked lower, and 11-5-1 (68%) when neither team is ranked ...

http://www.soonerstats.com/football/series/details.cfm?OppID=23

Leroy Lizard
10/22/2007, 04:47 PM
Think about this: If we had played them this past week, they would have beaten us.

TopDawg
10/22/2007, 04:49 PM
Think about this: If we had played them this past week, they would have beaten us.

Think about this: If we had played Iowa State two weeks ago, we would've killed them.

SoonerKnight
10/22/2007, 05:05 PM
We play in Norman enough said! :D We will win! Now if Saxet loses to them :D that would be funny!

the_edge
10/22/2007, 05:26 PM
If OU can beat Missouri by 17 even when playing like absolute crap, I like our chances against OSU in Norman.

I had the misfortune of living in Stillwater for a few years, and I've seen this false bravado song and dance too many times this time of year.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/22/2007, 05:35 PM
101 games and they ve only been ranked higher 2 times...muhhahhahaaa

MextheBulldog
10/22/2007, 05:52 PM
This is true...everything you say here is true.

...but luckily not as true in Norman.

2001....:pop:

hink4769
10/22/2007, 05:54 PM
Aggies can read?