PDA

View Full Version : Dirty little secret about the BCS

oupride
10/22/2007, 08:51 AM
A win is no longer a win. Used to be as long as you kept winning you stayed where you were in the rankings. Face it fellow Sooner fans, it will take years before they trash the BCS.

tbl
10/22/2007, 08:55 AM
If we beat Colorado, everything is moot and nobody is complaining right now.

oupride
10/22/2007, 09:21 AM
If we beat Colorado, everything is moot and nobody is complaining right now.
I agree with you. This is a very good Sooner football team and I plan to enjoy every minute of play they give us regardless what the BCS says. Boomer Sooner!

usmc-sooner
10/22/2007, 09:33 AM
I think the BCS has it pretty close to exactly right. The season's not over it doesn't matter what it says at the end of this week.

oupride
10/22/2007, 09:43 AM
You could be right. The BCS really doesn't matter to me any longer.

Position Limit
10/22/2007, 09:44 AM
if virginia tech beats BC, will you be bitching about them jumping us in the bcs poll?

OklahomaTuba
10/22/2007, 09:56 AM
BCS = POS.

The only way the BCS can really work well is if it's followed by a 4 or 8 team playoff instead of this stupid *** 2 team playoff we currently have.

usmc-sooner
10/22/2007, 09:59 AM
I think this year we'll work out just like every other year and the two best teams will play for the NC. I hope it's the Sooners but I'm not going to sweat out each of the BCS rankings. Right now I think it's working out fine.

kevpks
10/22/2007, 10:06 AM
if virginia tech beats BC, will you be bitching about them jumping us in the bcs poll?

Yes, because their loss is much worse than ours. I don't care that it was @LSU. They got obliterated in that game. And take a look at the rest of their non-conference schedule: East Carolina, Ohio, and William & Mary. Plus the ACC is freakin terrible.

oupride
10/22/2007, 10:07 AM
Probably. Since you are a newb, I have to assume you are not old enough to remember prior to the BCS. The point is: A win used to count as a win. Period. You were not penalized for strength of schedule of lack of. As long as you won, you stayed the same.

Position Limit
10/22/2007, 10:19 AM
Probably. Since you are a newb, I have to assume you are not old enough to remember prior to the BCS. The point is: A win used to count as a win. Period. You were not penalized for strength of schedule of lack of. As long as you won, you stayed the same.

riddle me this proud one,

do you have a problem with bc ranked #2? you know, if a win is a win and all. think about your answer for a minute before you opine. you would hate to have a "newb" gain parity status with your prideful lot in sooner lore.

Frozen Sooner
10/22/2007, 10:27 AM
A win is no longer a win. Used to be as long as you kept winning you stayed where you were in the rankings. Face it fellow Sooner fans, it will take years before they trash the BCS.

YEAH!

Sincerely,

Penn State, 1994

(Psst. That's never really been the case. In general, yes, but teams used to slide after unimpressive victories over creampuffs all the time)

Position Limit
10/22/2007, 10:28 AM
Yes, because their loss is much worse than ours. I don't care that it was @LSU. They got obliterated in that game. And take a look at the rest of their non-conference schedule: East Carolina, Ohio, and William & Mary. Plus the ACC is freakin terrible.

and pray tell, how was ou's non-conference any better, save miami? the only game ou has played worth anything was texas. and if you think the big 12 is that much better than the acc this year, i've got something i want to sell you. va tech plays #2 bc this week. turn your spin cycle down a notch and prepare for the inevitable if tech beats bs.

kevpks
10/22/2007, 10:34 AM
and pray tell, how was ou's non-conference any better, save miami? the only game ou has played worth anything was texas. and if you think the big 12 is that much better than the acc this year, i've got something i want to sell you. va tech plays #2 bc this week. turn your spin cycle down a notch and prepare for the inevitable if tech beats bs.

Yeah, Mizzou is just terrible. That win means nothing. If VT wins, they should be ranked 4th and we should be 3rd. That is my opinion. If you want me to bow any lower to mighty Virginia Tech, you are out of luck.

PS. Your snarky little tone is tired. Just talk football.

MextheBulldog
10/22/2007, 10:35 AM
Eh, we're okay. An undefeated Arizona State prob should be ranked higher than us at this point. Oregon moving ahead of us was a bit surprising.

Position Limit
10/22/2007, 10:57 AM
"PS. Your snarky little tone is tired. Just talk football.[/QUOTE]

huh? what do you think i've been talking about? quilt knitting? i forgot about mizzou. that was a good win. i just think that in a sport that's all about style points to get to the big game, i think ou is fair value in the bcs today. we were a 30 point favorite last weekend. save the weeping and wailing for december's poll.

kevpks
10/22/2007, 11:16 AM
huh? what do you think i've been talking about? quilt knitting? i forgot about mizzou. that was a good win. i just think that in a sport that's all about style points to get to the big game, i think ou is fair value in the bcs today. we were a 30 point favorite last weekend. save the weeping and wailing for december's poll.

If you are an OU fan, I find it hard to believe that you would just forget about Missouri. If not, I guess I could see that. I don't think I've been weeping or wailing. I just don't think OU should have to concede ground to teams with comparable or lesser resumes in a bye week.

kevpks
10/22/2007, 11:23 AM
Oh, and by "snarky tone" I was referring to all of your attempts at wit before and after you talk football in almost every one of your 48 posts.

jccouger
10/22/2007, 11:31 AM
I'm the biggest sooner fan here!

Shutub n00b! I'm the biggest sooner fan here!

O rly?! if thats true can you tell me exactly how many points OU has scored against Popcorn Eastern Kernal State from 1907-1978? Didn't think so! N00b!

Jesus F. Christ. There are bigger things to worry about then to get into arguments over **** like this.

Partial Qualifier
10/22/2007, 11:34 AM
This message board was BUILT on snarky tones ;)

Texas Golfer
10/22/2007, 11:50 AM

Something is definitely suspicious. Supposedly, margin of victory is no longer part of the equation. Usually, if you squeak by a far inferior opponent, the human polls drop you down which effects the BCS poll. But, we were #4 in the AP poll last week and we're #4 this week. Yet we dropped in the BCS poll from #5 to #6 after a win being passed by two Pac-10 teams.