PDA

View Full Version : 28 seconds

Preservation Parcels
10/21/2007, 10:17 PM
My extreme son (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uQK95SwJpTY)

Don't try this at home, folks :pop:

sanantoniosooner
10/21/2007, 10:19 PM
I've always wondered how much pot it took to learn all those tricks.;)

Preservation Parcels
10/21/2007, 11:03 PM
Well, no momma wants to think her son would do drugs, but he's always given us more than enough reason to trust him. He's a keeper! :)

Okla-homey
10/22/2007, 05:27 AM
Nice looking kid KB. Sure proud he's out there doing something for kicks which does not involve black fingernail polish or being glued to a flippin' computer monitor. Did they build that course themselves? Looks like its under a freeway overpass. If so, thats admirable as well.

Boomer.....
10/22/2007, 07:56 AM
What exactly does that have to do with toothpaste?

sanantoniosooner
10/22/2007, 08:15 AM
What exactly does that have to do with toothpaste?
toothpaste gets the pot smell out of your breath;)

Preservation Parcels
10/22/2007, 09:11 AM
Okay, SAS, since you didn't like the first answer, here's the proud momma version. ;)

This is the kid who literally swung from the dining room chandelier at the age of 8 months. He's in his second year of college to be a science teacher, works two jobs, volunteers at three churches, and sings in a band. Last year, he played college basketball, but this year, he chose to work more than the team schedule would allow because he wants to buy a car.

That skate park was built under a freeway overpass by a local church as a place where kids in a bad neighborhood could get off the streets and do something physical and "safe." He volunteers there too, and it's been a real asset to the communtiy. He also plays fife and drum with his twin brother and volunteers at several historic sites. Thankfully, he's never broken a bone, and he hasn't been to the emergency room since he was 4. He seems to have some monkey skills and quick reflexes.

This was done as part joke/part contest, but I just find it all rather amazing. Can you tell I kinda like him?

Seriously, SAS, I'm looking forward to the day when your son is every bit as active and healthy. He's been in my prayers for a long time now.

sanantoniosooner
10/22/2007, 09:15 AM
dude......it's just a blanket statment I give to most all skateboarders.

It's about the only explanation I can give for the stuff they do. You have to be crazy enough to try it.......and then crazy enough to try it again when you get torqued. Pot is a good substitute for wisdom.:D

I know they don't all do it.

Preservation Parcels
10/22/2007, 09:22 AM
It really is crazy, isn't it? I still hold my breath every time I watch him.

Are things going better for your son? Your family had a rough stretch for a while.

sanantoniosooner
10/22/2007, 10:29 AM
yeah, the son is going full force again. It's amazing how quickly the pendulum swings.

rufnek05
10/22/2007, 10:33 AM
that kid smokes pot. trust me, I know these things.

StoopTroup
10/22/2007, 11:47 AM
My son is 5.

We have two of those contraptions.

I'm gettin rid of them today.

yermom
10/22/2007, 11:51 AM
lol

soonerbrat
10/22/2007, 11:55 AM
toothpaste gets the pot smell out of your breath;)

but it doesn't get it out of your hair.

Preservation Parcels
10/22/2007, 05:59 PM
[QUOTE=Okla-homey]Nice looking kid KB. QUOTE]

Thanks, Homey. He's even better looking since he got a haircut today. All our sons look like my husband. He has some strong "handsome genes" :)

[QUOTE=Soonerbrat] but it doesn't get it out of your hair. QUOTE]

I guess there are many advantages to being the kind of family where kids hug their parents when they come home at night.