PDA

View Full Version : one of the good things about me attending road games

usmc-sooner
10/21/2007, 07:34 PM
it spares you guys from my negative rants. Man if I would have watched that game on T.V. I would have been calling for heads. 9 hour drives, calmes me down a tad. :D

Defense played pretty good=won the game. D.J. Wolfe should get a bronze game ball.

Can a KW offense produce anywhere other than home? :mad:

If we miss out we have only ourselves to blame. But at least we are still in the fight and still swingin

TXBOOMER
10/21/2007, 08:07 PM
There was a serious lack of execution by the O yesterday. Although if Sam would have connected with some open receivers and we don't lay the ball on the ground we would have probably blown them out. Sometimes you gotta just take the W.

sooneron
10/21/2007, 08:22 PM
There was a serious lack of execution by the O yesterday. Although if Sam would have connected with some open receivers and we don't lay the ball on the ground we would have probably blown them out. Sometimes you gotta just take the W.
That's part of it, but the run blocking was pretty bad, again.

okiewaker
10/21/2007, 08:35 PM
I agree with Sooneron about the run blocking. I hate bringing up the missouri game, but I sat right behind the players at that game on row 8, during the game alot of the starters were sitting several times throughout the game as KW was shuffling players in and out trying to find a good combo of O lineman to help the run game. I, at that point, watched this point watched the O line more. It's not rocket science to figure out why they started running the ball well late in the game.

TXBOOMER
10/21/2007, 08:37 PM

Agree, other than by big Duke and Cooper I don't see any D-Lineman getting moved on running plays. I really don't understand why we don't run it outside more though. That litter counter quick pitch to the weak side always works and it would keep them from stacking the line when we are in the I-formation.

SoonerKnight
10/21/2007, 08:39 PM
I, at that point, watched this point watched the O line more.

:confused:

:D

okiewaker
10/21/2007, 08:42 PM
:confused:

:D

I tried to correct, but I am a retard. Please don't hold it against me.

usmc-sooner
10/21/2007, 08:45 PM

somewhat

it seems we are trying to "dumb" stuff with our run game. Last year we ran AP downhill, mean and with a vengeance. This year we are running him on stretch sweeps. We are running Murray straight ahead. The only RB we are using correctly is Brown.
maybe it's only me but we don't need a 3 man platoon at RB, run AP downhill spell him with Brown and get Murray in for the Homerun hits. We don't run one rb enough to let him get in the rhythm of the game.
Also if you're goint to focus in on one WR make it Kelly. ISU (Chizok) looked at a lot of Sam's bad habits and took away JI.
Honestly if I was the O coach I would have put in Joey for at least 3 plays, not as a punishment to Sam but to let him watch the WR's from the side, (because they were wide open), let him calm down. Had he not over and underthrown his targets the game would have been a blowout.

KABOOKIE
10/21/2007, 08:46 PM
it spares you guys from my negative rants. Man if I would have watched that game on T.V. I would have been calling for heads. 9 hour drives, calmes me down a tad. :D

Defense played pretty good=won the game. D.J. Wolfe should get a bronze game ball.

If we miss out we have only ourselves to blame. But at least we are still in the fight and still swingin

Section N Row 23 here.

Yeah, that was a tough game to watch in person. We had an excellent view of the field and both of those wide open passes by Bradford that missed were painful as you could clearly see the OU rcv'r in the open.

I feel for you on the 9 hour drive back. Makes that 3 hour 45 Min flight back seem short. We were beat to **** on the way back with light to moderate turbulence.

StoopTroup
10/21/2007, 08:49 PM
Honestly if I was the O coach I would have put in Joey for at least 3 plays, not as a punishment to Sam but to let him watch the WR's from the side, (because they were wide open), let him calm down. Had he not over and underthrown his targets the game would have been a blowout.
That would have been a good idea.

You were there...why didn't you march down there and talk to Bob. ;)

usmc-sooner
10/21/2007, 08:49 PM
Section N Row 23 here.

Yeah, that was a tough game to watch in person. We had an excellent view of the field and both of those wide open passes by Bradford that missed were painful as you could clearly see the OU rcv'r in the open.

I feel for you on the 9 hour drive back. Makes that 3 hour 45 Min flight back seem short. We were beat to **** on the way back with light to moderate turbulence.

maybe one of these days I can hitch a ride:D

usmc-sooner
10/21/2007, 08:50 PM
That would have been a good idea.

You were there...why didn't you march down there and talk to Bob. ;)

oh I don't know, something about security and the better part of common sense. :D

KABOOKIE
10/21/2007, 08:53 PM

Well, I was originally set to go to Lubbock this year but will need at least a couple of people to ride along to offset the cost! I have a bad feeling about not going to the game. Colorado is the only game we missed this year!

douxpaysan
10/21/2007, 09:01 PM
Don't really mind traveling the big12 handing out moral victories to the less fortunate. As long as the hosts don't duck us in Lubbock we will two-step to San Antone.:pop:

tulsaoilerfan
10/21/2007, 09:02 PM

Tis okay bro, i like most of your negative rants. :D

OUmillenium
10/21/2007, 09:05 PM
somewhat

it seems we are trying to "dumb" stuff with our run game. Last year we ran AP downhill, mean and with a vengeance. This year we are running him on stretch sweeps. We are running Murray straight ahead. The only RB we are using correctly is Brown.
maybe it's only me but we don't need a 3 man platoon at RB, run AP downhill spell him with Brown and get Murray in for the Homerun hits. We don't run one rb enough to let him get in the rhythm of the game.
Also if you're goint to focus in on one WR make it Kelly. ISU (Chizok) looked at a lot of Sam's bad habits and took away JI.

Excellent post.

It is amazing how our coaches do things sometimes...or should I say how they do not do things? Love Stoops and the staff but sometimes I do not see the logic.

usmc-sooner
10/21/2007, 09:06 PM
Well, I was originally set to go to Lubbock this year but will need at least a couple of people to ride along to offset the cost! I have a bad feeling about not going to the game. Colorado is the only game we missed this year!

let me know the cost, if you still need passengers.

if it's too much maybe you could attach me to a spy rig line below. :D

Whet
10/21/2007, 09:14 PM
We were in Section 15, Row 37. We camped across the road from the stadium, at the VedMed parking lot - many OU RV'rs.
Here are a couple of photos to remember from the game:
The lovely ISU twirlers....
http://awanderlust.net/images/ISU%20Band.jpg

And, no matter how the game was played, how many fumbles, interceptions, missed tackles, or 15 yard 4th quarter punts, this is what matters:
http://awanderlust.net/images/OU-IowaState%20151.jpg

KABOOKIE
10/21/2007, 09:26 PM
let me know the cost, if you still need passengers.

if it's too much maybe you could attach me to a spy rig line below. :D

I'll check at work tomorrow. I know a couple of guys in the flight dept. that are either Tech grads or have family near by and would be willing to go.

Sooner Stew
10/21/2007, 09:28 PM
somewhat

I have a question man? I just wanna know what "Sam's bad habits" are?

And also Murray is going to HAVE to get used to gettin the rock between the tackles and thats why he's being put out there b/c everyone knows he's the future stud back and I just don't understand why yall and so many others don't think he can run inside just b/c of a few games...did you never think that maybe those teams at the first of the year were stackin the box and maybe just maybe he never got a hole to run through?...thats really nonsense if you ask me fellas and I don't care where or what play he is running...he's 6 points waiting to happen everytime he touches it

Oh and one last thing...your comment on Halzle being put in so Sam could see the routes better is a bunch of bologna too...I dont think you're giving the cyclones very much credit here b/c I don't care what anyone says they came out thirsting for the upset and it really shook up Sam I think when he saw that ISU's d actually could put pressure on him...also the wind was howling up there and that's gonna play games with your head sometimes b/c you don't feel as much in control of the ball so I think he was kinda holding back on some of his throws and not just lettin it fly like we're already used to seeing him doing when they're at home

usmc-sooner
10/21/2007, 09:40 PM
I have a question man? I just wanna know what "Sam's bad habits" are?

And also Murray is going to HAVE to get used to gettin the rock between the tackles and thats why he's being put out there b/c everyone knows he's the future stud back and I just don't understand why yall and so many others don't think he can run inside just b/c of a few games...did you never think that maybe those teams at the first of the year were stackin the box and maybe just maybe he never got a hole to run through?...thats really nonsense if you ask me fellas and I don't care where or what play he is running...he's 6 points waiting to happen everytime he touches it

Oh and one last thing...your comment on Halzle being put in so Sam could see the routes better is a bunch of bologna too...I dont think you're giving the cyclones very much credit here b/c I don't care what anyone says they came out thirsting for the upset and it really shook up Sam I think when he saw that ISU's d actually could put pressure on him...also the wind was howling up there and that's gonna play games with your head sometimes b/c you don't feel as much in control of the ball so I think he was kinda holding back on some of his throws and not just lettin it fly like we're already used to seeing him doing when they're at home

You had to be the 65 year old women sittin next to me at the game. At least you sound the same

Soonerfan88
10/21/2007, 09:46 PM

Colorado is the only away game I attended! :eek: Sorry for taking your spot and messing up the Sooner Magic. I will definitely not be traveling to Lubbock so everything in the Sooner Nation should be back to normal.

Sooner Stew
10/21/2007, 10:12 PM
You had to be the 65 year old women sittin next to me at the game. At least you sound the same

LoL no bro that definetly wasn't me but she sounds like a pretty smart woman to me...smarter than your homer @$$...put Halzle in? that will NEVER happen... come on man thats what game film is for at the half way mark...to see the broad view of the plays you missed in the first 30 minutes but geez man you don't correct him during the game and risk him gettin even more hesitant on his decisions... and definetly don't put in the average backup qb who will only get on the field on extra points and blowouts... and you would seriously do that to Sam just to make one point about a play that he missed...he's not perfect man and whether you like it or not...saturday we saw our qb of the next three years learn some valuable lessons and most importantly gain experience on the road...he WILL continue his improvement and it all comes with gettin the downs in

OUstud
10/22/2007, 12:43 AM

Was it the one who when Cohen shanked the punt yelled "I can't wait until you graduate!"? Because I sat behind her, and she didn't have much positive to say...

KABOOKIE
10/22/2007, 11:00 AM

PM'd ya.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/22/2007, 11:19 AM
The lovely ISU twirlers....
http://awanderlust.net/images/ISU%20Band.jpg

Looks like it was almuni band for them last weekend. I noticed the TV focused on some ISU Alum 'bones. I guess twirlers are alumns as well. ;)

SoonerJack
10/22/2007, 11:34 AM
IOWA = I'm On Weightwatchers Again

Whet
10/22/2007, 05:53 PM
IOWA = Idiot Out Wandering Around

Fixed

TheHumanAlphabet
10/23/2007, 10:06 AM
Is that that what the Pride Alumni band looks like???