Socrefbek
10/21/2007, 06:55 PM
1. Ohio State
2. Boston College
3. LSU
4. Arizona State
5. Oregon
6. OU

1 team above them loses and the two right behind them lose yet OU gets leapfrogged by 2 teams and drops a spot. The poor record of the teams on OU's schedule is goign to require all teams to have 2 losses for OU to have any chance :mad:

bri
10/21/2007, 06:56 PM
The fact that anyone is surprised by this still is simply astonishing to me.

OUHOMER
10/21/2007, 06:59 PM
if the human poll counts for 2/3rd of the rating, those schedule must really be weak

SoonerAcesUp

Yeah that team that I saw yesterday didn't deserve to move up. We don't show up for every game and you have to or else we aren't going to move up.

BillyBall
The fact that there is this much concern over our BCS ranking in week 8 is even more astonishing, especially this year.

Socrefbek
10/21/2007, 07:00 PM
I did not say I was surprised. I am just ticked off and frustrated by it. I wish OU did not schedule teams like North Texas and Utah State. It is brutal to their chances for the BCS MNC game. :(

Czar Soonerov
10/21/2007, 07:01 PM

The fact that you are simply astonished by this is surprising to me.

:les:

silverwheels
10/21/2007, 07:03 PM
I did not say I was surprised. I am just ticked off and frustrated by it. I wish OU did not schedule teams like North Texas and Utah State. It is brutal to their chances for the BCS MNC game. :(

Yeah, because Ohio State's OOC schedule is murderer's row. If we hadn't lost to Colorado, we would be #1. It's our fault for looking like total dog crap in 2 games and losing one of them.

emoinwinter
Can someone explain to me why MIssouri is ranked ahead of us by the computers?

bcgvh
Can someone please explain to me how Oregon is ranked ahead of us, when they have not even beaten a ranked team yet? At least we got wins against Texas and Missouri. What do they have? A loss to Cal (who has since lost 2 straight)! They have nothing to show! It really doesn't make much sense.

SoonerAcesUp
10/21/2007, 07:04 PM
Yeah, because Ohio State's OOC schedule is murderer's row. If we hadn't lost to Colorado, we would be #1. It's our fault for looking like total dog crap in 2 games and losing one of them.

Exactly! We've done this to ourselves. No one else to blame!

critical_phil
10/21/2007, 07:04 PM
Can someone explain to me why MIssouri is ranked ahead of us by the computers?

because teh computers hate us.

OUinFLA
10/21/2007, 07:09 PM

The fact that you're surprised at bri being simply astonished by anyone being surprised at this is interesting to me.

:rolleyes:

astro5169
10/21/2007, 07:12 PM
We should really not schedule such poor competition like OSU and Miami. They both suck so bad.

We will overcome. Kansas if they can somehow keep up the fiasco and go undefeated make us look so much better and we jump 4 teams at the end to play for the BCS.

But, really, guys.....We barely beat a bad ISU team. In front of Baylor only in the big 12....

UberSooner
10/21/2007, 07:16 PM
That your interested in Czars suprise in Bri's astonishment at anyones suprise is redundant to me . . . is redundant to me.

astro5169
10/21/2007, 07:17 PM
We are within .15 of the two teams in front of us with a bye week. We will be fine. I predict at least one loss for a team in front of us this week.

TripleOption14
10/21/2007, 07:17 PM

AMEN!! I'll testify on that. From what I saw yesterday if we were to meet LSU in the title game we would get HOUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SoonerStud615
10/21/2007, 07:18 PM
Here's the truth:

The BCS blows...and nothing will work out how it should until it is gone...completely gone. Computers don't know football. They know numbers, and sometimes numbers don't portray things acurately. Look at when the Vikings were beating Dallas this afternoon and getting killed in every stat except points. But...

We are overrated. We're good don't get me wrong. But our secondry needs to improve across the middle immensley before we deserve to be ranked this high.

Crimson_Balls
10/21/2007, 07:19 PM
All we can do is win a conference championship. The way OU played on Saturday, they don't deserve a shot at a national title.

Let the season play itself out. We still have a chance to slip in the back door.

Stitch Face
10/21/2007, 07:25 PM
That your interested in Czars suprise in Bri's astonishment at anyones suprise is redundant to me . . . is redundant to me.

The fact that you find OUinFLA's interest in Czar's surprise at Bri's astonishment over anyone's surprise redundant is irrelevant.

FirstandGoal
10/21/2007, 07:26 PM
:pop:

Chrisrokc
10/21/2007, 07:27 PM
Its all good. AZ and the ducks are both going to lose most likely. So is Ohio and BC. Then we will get a play an unbeaten kansas team most likely in the big 12 championship game.

If we stay on course and win out I would almost want to put money that we are in the BCS Championship Game.

I am going to say

LSU vs OU

EnidHighSooner
10/21/2007, 07:27 PM
Bcs=Gay

astro5169
10/21/2007, 07:28 PM
Wheres the dude from last year who broke down all possible scenarios?

astro5169
10/21/2007, 07:38 PM
1- OSU plays: 25 penn st, wisconsin, Illnois, 20 Mich (They will lose to Ill and Mich)

2- BC : 8 v tECH, f sTATE, mARYL, Clemson (they lose to V Tech and Maryland)

3 - LSU: 24 aLBAM, La Tech, Ole Miss, Ark (They lose to Arkansas)

4- Az State - they get beat by Cal, Oregon, UCLA, USC, tHEY ONLY BEAT az

5- Oregon : Lose to USC, UCLA.

Oklahoma plays LSU in Nat Champ.

yermom
10/21/2007, 07:45 PM
Wheres the dude from last year who broke down all possible scenarios?

it's WAY too early for that

and someone should perhaps look at our schedule in 2000....

we just need to win. if we don't suck on offense in Boulder we would not be having this discussion. but if we win out, i think we will be fine

TXBOOMER
10/21/2007, 07:48 PM

The loss to CO is what hurts. If we win out, I would lay money on us getting in.

astro5169
10/21/2007, 07:52 PM
It is just suprising that we get moved around like that after a win. The team that didnt play moved up. That is why I think this week we will move up for not playing.

olevetonahill
10/21/2007, 07:55 PM
AMEN!! I'll testify on that. From what I saw yesterday if we were to meet LSU in the title game we would get HOUSED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man I hate gettin " Housed " that crap hurts :pop:

Blues1
10/21/2007, 07:56 PM
Screw all these bcs guys & computers -- BRING ON Lsu & Usc .....!!! - Lets get with the Revenge Factor...!!! --- JMHO ~~~~~~~ :)

MojoRisen
10/21/2007, 07:57 PM
ORegon barely beat Washington - Washington = not so good and a loosing record. How did they jump US? The human Polls kept us at 4 - should not drop unless the human polls drop you.

Ain't right....

Soonerus
10/21/2007, 07:57 PM

I got "housed" once, hopefully never again...

olevetonahill
10/21/2007, 08:00 PM
I got "housed" once, hopefully never again...
I did nt like those handcuffs either !:pop:

ruf/nekdad
10/21/2007, 08:03 PM
The relevance of all the redundant astontishment is interesting.

Soonerus
10/21/2007, 08:03 PM
I did nt like those handcuffs either !:pop:

I "did nt" get cuffed...

soonerboomer93
10/21/2007, 08:09 PM

the fact that you're suprised

is not astonishing to me..

sooneron
10/21/2007, 08:11 PM
Can someone please explain to me how Oregon is ranked ahead of us, when they have not even beaten a ranked team yet?
How sure are you of that last part?

Rogue
10/21/2007, 08:12 PM
I'm confused by the interest, redundance, astonishment, surprise, and irrelevance in this thread.

olevetonahill
10/21/2007, 08:13 PM
I "did nt" get cuffed...
You went to a Ho House and didnt get Cuffed ? what kinda perv are you ?:eek:

Newbomb Turk
10/21/2007, 08:14 PM
I'm confused by the interest, redundance, astonishment, surprise, and irrelevance in this thread.

no s**t.

olevetonahill
10/21/2007, 08:15 PM
Kinda like being in the second year of marriage huh ?

SoonerKnight
10/21/2007, 08:56 PM
Yeah that team that I saw yesterday didn't deserve to move up. We don't show up for every game and you have to or else we aren't going to move up.

WE won! Therefore we showed up! We can have down day on the road with a young team!!! :mad:

tulsaoilerfan
10/21/2007, 09:01 PM
This thread is giving me a headache

Soonerfan1993
10/21/2007, 09:02 PM
Az State will lose 2 games
USC will lose another game
Oregon will lose another game
USF will lose another game
BC will lose two games
LSU will lose another game
Vtech will lose another game
WVA will lose another game

If that all takes place and OU runs the table they are in.

So we basically need 8 teams to lose a total of 10 games.

Soonerfan1993
10/21/2007, 09:04 PM
We didn't drop in the human polls, we dropped because of all the upsets last week. It is pretty freaking simple.

yur-out
10/21/2007, 09:12 PM
Wicked witch of the East got "Housed" once. It left her with a real flat feeling. :eek:

SoonerAcesUp
10/21/2007, 09:14 PM
WE won! Therefore we showed up! We can have down day on the road with a young team!!! :mad:

Not if we expect to win a national championship! We should beat Iowa St. going away and they were in it the whole game. I'm not saying we can't win the national championship but definitely not playing anything close to ISU or CU games.

soonernation
10/21/2007, 09:21 PM
Not if we expect to win a national championship! We should beat Iowa St. going away and they were in it the whole game. I'm not saying we can't win the national championship but definitely not playing anything close to ISU or CU games.

Kind of like we should beat a 3-7 OK State team going away in Norman? **** happens. You can't expect them to play great every game. The offense played like **** and they still pulled out the win.

JohnnyMack
10/21/2007, 09:21 PM
1. The OU team that played yesterday barely deserves a Cotton Bowl bid and certainly doesn't deserve a MNC Title Game bid.

2. I don't really care what the BCS looks like before Thanksgiving.

Vegas Vic
10/21/2007, 09:23 PM
ORegon barely beat Washington

Oregon won by 21 points, and they never trailed in the game. It was close for three quarters, but they blew it open in the 4th quarter. They ended up with 39 first downs and 661 total yards.

josh09
10/21/2007, 09:30 PM

I expected #5, not #6.

But oh well, we'll probably be about #4 by this time next week.

Sooner02
10/21/2007, 09:42 PM
The gap between #6 (OU) and #7 (WVU) is pretty wide, but still not as wide as the gap between #3 (LSU) and #4 (ASU), which is huge. The difference between #4 (ASU) and #5 (Oregon) is microscopic (and they will play each other) as well as the difference between #6 (OU) and #5 (Oregon).

Another thing, as big as the gap between LSU (3) and ASU (4) is, the gap between LSU and OU is only .008 of a point more. So their gap is not much closer than our gap is to LSU right now.

AzianSooner
10/21/2007, 09:44 PM
I am unhappy that OU is 6. I am happy that OU still can move up because all the team ranked ahead OU (including OU) have a "Great" chance to lose one or 2 games.

josh09
10/21/2007, 09:49 PM
Oregon plays SUC this week, so i guess im going to find myself rooting for SUC, which is EXTREMELY weird. But anyway, this could be a loss.

Arizona St. plays Cal, so this will be a test to show if theyre for real or not.

LSU plays at 'Bama, so if the Tide play their best, LSU will lose.

BC plays VT at VT, and frankly i just dont see BC surviving this one. Its going to be crazy in Blacksburg.

Ohio St. plays at an extremely tough Memorial Stadium in Penn St, and that can be one of the toughest places in the nation to play.

As for my predictions, i see Arizona St., BC, and Ohio St. all going down, which would leave us at #3. (Hopefully)

Overall, someone just HAS to lose out of all these. This is going to be judgement Saturday for the Top 5. And with this season, you never know what could happen. They could all win (which would totally suck), yet they could all lose (which would be amazing). We'll just have to grab the popcorn and hope everything comes out on our side.

:pop:

soonersn2007
10/21/2007, 10:08 PM
As long as we win out, I think the scenario is there to allow us to be in the NC game. So don't sweat these BCS results.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/21/2007, 10:16 PM
As long as we win out, I think the scenario is there to allow us to be in the NC game. So don't sweat these BCS results.

We are still solid in the human polls and we if we win out there is no way that we don't finish much higher in the computer polls. We;re still in pretty good shape.

bcgvh
10/21/2007, 10:17 PM
How sure are you of that last part?

100% sure...unless you want to argue about Michigan after they get beat at home by App. State...and now Michigan is climbing back into the rankings by beating up on horrible Big 10 teams. Oregon lost to the only ranked team they played, Cal, and Cal has now lost 2 straight. They do not deserve to be ranked ahead of us.

TMcGee86
10/21/2007, 11:18 PM
What's really going to be funny is when USC leapfrogs us after they beat Oregon this week.

And I dont mean funny ha ha, I mean funny queer.

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2007, 01:17 AM
I think after we hang half a hundred on Idle Saturday, we'll jump a spot or 2.