PDA

View Full Version : Why doesn't the Big XII get rid of John Bible?

Flagstaffsooner
10/21/2007, 08:23 AM
He's a damned old holdover from the SWC. He seem to really have a cactus up his azz about OU, after all he is from bevo stock.

John Bible (http://www.christmaslibrary.ca/grinch/clipart/grinch.mp3)

SoonerStormchaser
10/21/2007, 10:11 AM
He is by far the most anti-OU ref out there in the Big XII. Wasn't he the one who penalized us 15 in the CU game for tackling the guy by his long *** hair? Oh by the way John, Oregon State did that to Cal last week...no flag. Show me where it's illegal to do that, asshat!

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/21/2007, 10:24 AM
Is there any official fans protest that can be made, and actually do any good?

bluedogok
10/21/2007, 10:28 AM
John Bible is an ex-NFL official who was supposedly fired from the league and came back to the Big 12....or at least that was the scuttlebutt around the Austin official group when my wife was a football official. Both Bible and Randy "The Peacock" Christal live in the Austin area.

47Wins
10/21/2007, 10:45 AM
My god Bible must be 200 years old, it's seems like the old fossil has been screwing us forever. Maybe a nice chop-block would help, although with our current luck with officials it would just put him in the replay booth.

SoonerMom2
10/21/2007, 10:57 AM
I would gladly join any protest to get rid of Bible. I cannot believe the calls he has made and when I see him on the road at our games, I know we are in for a long game and bad calls.

Why is a guy from Austin who has been known for bad calls against the Sooners allowed to ref any of our games. Personally I think the Big 12 front office sucks -- do they still have the guy from OSU in their front office? Just who does schedule the refs?

Bible should be fired permanently from ever officiating again including high school. He doesn't know the rules it seems or maybe it is selective memory loss when he officiates our games.

MamaMia
10/21/2007, 10:59 AM
My heart always sinks when I see him on the field. :(

Flagstaffsooner
10/21/2007, 11:03 AM
with our current luck with officials it would just put him in the replay booth.Oh crap, we have enough trouble in the boob booth.:(

Leroy Lizard
10/21/2007, 11:25 AM
Is he related to UT's former coach?

douxpaysan
10/21/2007, 11:28 AM
There is a similar thread on the Iowa State board only more heated. http://www.cyclonefanatic.com/forum/football/14556-poor-officiating.html So the refs must have got it right to **** off both fan nations.:rolleyes:

Flagstaffsooner
10/21/2007, 11:28 AM
Is he related to UT's former coach?Yup, nephew.:texan:

tulsaoilerfan
10/21/2007, 12:40 PM
Damn, i want what some of those folks are smoking over there. :)

Leroy Lizard
10/21/2007, 02:41 PM
If you add up all the complaints, it turns out that the refs blew a call on every single play from scrimmage. :D

By the way, please don't tell me that the nephew of Dana X. Bible is calling the OU/TX game.

Soonermagik
10/21/2007, 02:52 PM
Yeah, every year I hope he doesn't stick around, but he always comes back.

tulsaoilerfan
10/21/2007, 03:43 PM
If you add up all the complaints, it turns out that the refs blew two calls on every single play from scrimmage. :D

By the way, please don't tell me that the nephew of Dana X. Bible is calling the OU/TX game.
Fixed. :D

Sooner Eclipse
10/21/2007, 04:14 PM
B12 officiating review in DMN (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/111706dnspobig12officials.2ebd62b.html)

According to this link he is in fact his DX's nephew.

One of the more interesting parts of this is the section called " a direct competitive effect on the outcome".

It explains a lot and allows the replay official even more sway on the outcome.