PDA

View Full Version : Things that need to happen

jthomasou78
10/21/2007, 08:01 AM
For us to make the MNC game.

We have to win out, and probably more impressively then we did today.

And 3 of the 4 team below have to lose a game.

OSU
BC
LSU
Arizona St.

I dont worry about BC and Arizona State losing. But I dont know about OSU and LSU. And if those two make it who do you cheer for between the devil and beilzibub?

fadada1
10/21/2007, 08:12 AM
auburn (the dumbasses) totally blew it. probably did it on purpose b/c of 2004.

mich state nearly did it, but their dumbasses too, so we can't expect much.

bc can't continue winning b/c nobody in the northeast can even tell your where bc is (and BOSTON is in the name of their team/college).

how good can asu be? they've got way too many hot chicks for them to field a decent team. we do too, but we're the exception.

TXBOOMER
10/21/2007, 08:20 AM
Florida will beat the shat out of LSU in the SEC championship game on a neutral field. ASU and BC will surely lose. theosu will have a hard time against PSU. I would love to see OU and theosu play in the title game.

TripleOption14
10/21/2007, 08:24 AM
Things that need to happen............. OU keep winning is the only answer to this question!!!

yermom
10/21/2007, 08:33 AM
i'm not sure if ASU can jump us... but i don't really see them going undefeated

although, at this point i'm not sure if we can win in Lubbock either

Sooner Stew
10/21/2007, 08:46 AM
The tech game will be very scary by the time it rolls around but I think by that time OU will be much better defensively and will show much more aggressiveness in a game like that... another thing that sticks out in my mind is that in the past Venables has had great gameplans against techs spread offense...as usual I think he will have his D ready and just like the past few meetings between OU and TT besides the last time we went to lubbock and got butt f*cked... I think OU wins because of their pressure on Harrell by English, McCoy, and Granger and also because of 3 fresh legs splitting time running the ball all day on them

OUHOMER
10/21/2007, 08:55 AM
All i know is we better be prepared for ALL of our games. if we can let CU and ISU stay in the game any of the rest of our games could go either way.

We have the talent, we have the coaches, need to make sure the motivation is there. I like our chances, just hope we don't slip somewhere

fadada1
10/21/2007, 09:21 AM
after mizzou beat (and held) tech, i feel better about that game. we're much more aggressive than mizzou. that can hurt us, but pressure (obviously) flusters them a bit... and i think that'll prove the difference.

birddog
10/21/2007, 09:23 AM
All i know is we better be prepared for ALL of our games. if we can let CU and ISU stay in the game any of the rest of our games could go either way.

We have the talent, we have the coaches, need to make sure the motivation is there. I like our chances, just hope we don't slip somewhere

my problem is why should they have a hard time staying motivated. they're in a great spot right now and they get to play football.

IF it is a motivation problem, i just can't grasp how you could not be ready to play.

StoopTroup
10/21/2007, 09:26 AM
auburn (the dumbasses) totally blew it. probably did it on purpose b/c of 2004.

I still think they had some help from the Refs.

That spot LSU got for a first down on the last drive was a gimme.

fadada1
10/21/2007, 09:31 AM
I still think they had some help from the Refs.

That spot LSU got for a first down on the last drive was a gimme.
HOME.

COOKIN'.

COOK.

IN'.

yermom
10/21/2007, 09:52 AM
it's not the defense that i'm worried about in Lubbock...

StoopTroup
10/21/2007, 09:58 AM
it's not the defense that i'm worried about in Lubbock...
The Bell Ringer? :D

http://www.fluxw.com/bellringer.jpg

:pop:

jthomasou78
10/28/2007, 02:16 PM
Well as good as last week was for us now there are more problems for OU.

I think we now need both Oregaon to lose and WVU to lose to assure ourselves of getting in, and I dont see that happening.

Although with a redshirt freshman QB another trip to the Fiesta Bowl, to play someone I dont care about again will be good I guess.

aurorasooner
10/28/2007, 03:10 PM
Things that need to happen One things for sure. Somehow we need to get the running game going, because it's lack of success is causing problems with our passing game, at least if you look at the Big 12 only stats with half of the conference season played (8 teams playing 5 out of 8 games and 4 teams playing 4 out of 8 games). We've played the #2, #7, #10 and #11 teams in pass defense yet we're only rated at #11 in passing offense. However, those 4 teams rated low in pass D are rated 2, 4, 5 and 6 in in-conference rushing D, and we're only rated 8th in rushing offense. Hopefully our in-conference rushing stats will improve since our next 4 games are against the #'s 7,8,10,11 conference teams in rushing D, and the #s 1, 6, 8, and 12 in pass D. While Sam's passing efficiency rating looks good in the Natl. Stats because of his OOC performance, it's only rated #5 in conference. Just looking at the Big 12 only stats, we're going to be in trouble if our offense doesn't light-up aTm on Saturday night. Aggie is rated #9 in total D, #8 in pass D, and #8 in rushing D. Somehow we need to get a track meet started early in this one and get our RBs through the initial wave of the opposition defense. If we haven't done anything to improve our running game in the bye week, and aTm is clogging rushing attack at the LOS, then hopefully Sam will be stretching the field with the long ball for completions. We not only need to win this one but we need to look sharp and win it big on national TV. (even if ABC cuts away from the game--probably the reason for the split telecast, so ABC can cut away from one game or the other if one's a blowout).
This is what bothers me about an ABC telecast. They've jumped in to the ""throw-the-dice-mode, to hopefully pull the rabbit out of the upset hat, because this is the hot ticket this year. ESPN and ESPN 2 are usually no options to switch an ABC game to if they decide to switch to the other game on the national ABC feed. They've got the ESPNclassic and ESPNu option, but I don't know if they've even explored using it since they would probably rather people gameplan it , if they switch games. This is one of the things CFB should negotiate with ABC since they've got 1st draw and have been trying to tie up a lot of matchups so Fox (& lesser extent Versus) can't grab them. If ABC cuts away from a game, it should be provided free on ESPN gameplan in the games original OTA viewing area so viewers could continue watching the game if they want to free of charge. Look for Bebee and the other Big 12 conference pencil pushers to be in Oklahoma on Saturday stroking themselves because 10 out of the Big 12 teams are on TV this weekend. However, most of the east coast viewers probably won't see OU, Texas, Stool State, & Aggie, but can see the Big 12 north games, Nebraska/KU--nationwide FSN feed, K-State/Iowa State--Nationwide Versus feed, Missouri/Colorado--nationwide FSN feed. Fans still think that an ABC game is the best, but even though imo Fox announcers are not very good (especially that Yapper color-guy they've got), for the 2 team's fans, a national Fox feed is better than an ABC regional or split feed. I don't know the $ and cents benefit to the conference of an ABC regional feed vs a Fox national feed, but that would be interesting to know (especially if you included the ABC figures broken down with the gameplan $). Also, I still don't know why Fox uses their cable/sat flagship station for CFB on Saturdays and not their OTA Fox network stations. They use them for MLB and NFL.

MextheBulldog
10/28/2007, 03:13 PM
Watch out for those Ducks or Devils. A one loss Pac 10 team trumps us, I think.

Hate to say it but Bucks looked solid last night. I'm not sure if BC or OSU lose before its all done. If that's our championship game for 2007, i'm not interested.

MextheBulldog
10/28/2007, 03:14 PM
Although with a redshirt freshman QB another trip to the Fiesta Bowl, to play someone I dont care about again will be good I guess.

:pop: :cool:

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/28/2007, 03:35 PM
Well as good as last week was for us now there are more problems for OU.

I think we now need both Oregaon to lose and WVU to lose to assure ourselves of getting in, and I dont see that happening.

I don't see WV jumpimg us if we win out. If it were to come down to us and them for the last spot we would be playing a top 10 KU or MU team in a CCG while they would be playing team BYE. IF WV wins out I'm not sure any of their wins would be against top 25 teams.

We just haven't been in the conversation much for the last couple weeks because we won ugly against ISU and then had a bye. A convincing win Sat night in prime time and we will jump right back into the mix.

85sooners
10/28/2007, 04:11 PM
lets do this!!!!!

silverwheels
10/28/2007, 04:12 PM
We need to worry about the Big 12 title first. Tech and OSU will not be easy games.

jthomasou78
11/4/2007, 01:04 PM
Ok so now we are down to needing two things to happen.

Michigan beating OSU

LSU losing to either Arkansas or the SEC title.

Arizona or Oregon State beating Oregon.

My best guess is our best chance is a rematch with the ducks.

With our remaining schedule, I dont see anyone behind us jumping over us in either the human or the computer polls if we win out.

hOlden caUlfield...
11/4/2007, 01:28 PM
We are #4 in the A.P. polls. i can't make my own thread, so i put it here.

IronHorseSooner
11/4/2007, 01:41 PM
Michigan beating OSU

LSU losing to either Arkansas or the SEC title.

Arizona or Oregon State beating Oregon.

1. About an 80% chance that happens. Michigan just got by their toughest test until then (MSU). If this is Carr's last Big 10/11 game, you bet the big 3 seniors will want to send him out on top and ruin tOSU's season in the [I]de facto[I] Big 10/11 title game.
2. About a 70% chance of that happening (if UGA), less if it is TENN. Lester's luck can't continue like this. We seen one good senior QB (Woodson) light up the LSU D. Ainge could do the same.
3. If Dixon's healthy, they win out. If he's anything less, look for an upset. Arizona is a let down game, and UCLA may be a game where Durrell needs it to save his job. Also, Oregon St. has one road upset already this season.

Dan Thompson
11/4/2007, 01:44 PM
How many times can LSU pull it out in the last few minutes?

Dixon's injury may heal by Nov 24th when Oregon is @UCLA. They have a bye next week and then are at Tucson on Nov 15th.

sooner59
11/4/2007, 02:37 PM
If we win out and Oregon wins out, we will jump them in the BCS. We are not that far behind in the Coaches poll, which is the one that counts. Baylor will not matter much, but wins over Texas Tech, OSU, and a top ten Kansas/Missouri in a championship game, which Oregon doesn't have, will let us slip by them. So I bet only one thing needs to happen if we win out, and that is either tOSU or LSU need to lose.

bcgvh
11/4/2007, 03:05 PM
I'm also beginning to wonder if we will jump Oregon in the BCS when we play a top 5 team in the final week before bowl season. I don't know, it will be close.

emoinwinter
11/4/2007, 03:08 PM
I'm still not quite sure LSU is ahead of us. What have they done to prove they are better than OU or Oregon? It is a joke. They are not the 2nd best team in the nation. Can someone please explain to me why they are ranked where they are ranked?

arcman46
11/4/2007, 05:11 PM
I'm still not quite sure LSU is ahead of us. What have they done to prove they are better than OU or Oregon? It is a joke. They are not the 2nd best team in the nation. Can someone please explain to me why they are ranked where they are ranked?

Can you say: SEC :rolleyes:

arcman46
11/4/2007, 05:13 PM
If we win out and Oregon wins out, we will jump them in the BCS. We are not that far behind in the Coaches poll, which is the one that counts. Baylor will not matter much, but wins over Texas Tech, OSU, and a top ten Kansas/Missouri in a championship game, which Oregon doesn't have, will let us slip by them. So I bet only one thing needs to happen if we win out, and that is either tOSU or LSU need to lose.

If we win out and Oregon wins out; there is NO CHANCE IN HE** that we pass them in the BCS.

Jacie
11/4/2007, 05:43 PM
How many times can LSU pull it out in the last few minutes?

Ohio State did it at least four times enroute to a MNC the year they beat Miami.

soonermeteor
11/4/2007, 05:49 PM
We may get a chance to UPSET a team in the big 12 championship... kansas just jumped us :eek: .

yermom
11/4/2007, 10:52 PM
Ohio State did it at least four times enroute to a MNC the year they beat Miami.

OU needed some heroics in 2000, so did Miami in 2001

those are the teams that are the toughest to beat

we just gotta hope that their luck runs out :D

SoonerStormchaser
11/4/2007, 10:55 PM

No, the refs helped them out A LOT...and helped them out again in the MNC game with that BS pass interference call.

Paperclip
11/4/2007, 10:56 PM

We lost to a bad Colorado team. They lost to at least a decent Kentucky team and in OT at that.

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 12:39 AM

The predicted loss for Oklahoma is TT and if we do win there then we will have to convincingly beat the crap out of the pokes. I think you'll see a rise in OU's stock once we have taken care of TT. We need to win convincingly at TT. I think our road loss is a factor but how we have played on the road is a bigger factor in our rankings. If we can play as well on the road as we do at home we will rise in the polls. I'll say again LSU has Miles as a coach we need to just win and most likely we will be playing for #8.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 01:12 AM
We just need to win out and hopefully do it in a VERY convincing fashion. Among other things, we need to get all the style points we can against Baylor. Maybe beat 'em down like KU did Nebraska. Everyone knows they suck just as bad as Baylor, but look how much that helped KU. We need another game in the 70s to impress brain dead voters and the computers stat-wise. And we won't have to worry about next year being a revenge game...They'll have a new coach most likely and either way they'll still be Baylor!

goingoneight
11/5/2007, 01:21 AM
I think OSU goes about like Missouri did for about a quarter before we roll them like we have the last two times in Nompton.

I see a, OU 14, OSU 10 score at the end of the first... 28-13 at the end of the half and somethign like 49-16 or worse for aggy by the end... with DeMarco Murray being the Sooner running back who owns them this year.

KantoSooner
11/5/2007, 01:47 AM
Here's one that popped into my fervid brain: what if all of the above 'musts' happen: we win out, tOSU loses to UM, LSU loses to Arkie or CG, and Oregon takes a loss.
Well, we'd be #1 and in the MNC game. Kansas would be out of the running, having lost to us or to Mizzou....who would be out for the same reason. Who'd we play then? WVa? This year could get even wierder, sports fishermen.

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 01:51 AM
Could get really weird! Could actually be a rematch with Kansas if the Big 12 Championship is one of those every few years "games of the century".

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 01:52 AM
LSU does not look all that great this year. Ohio St. has not played anyone. If KU beats Missouri I'll be suprised! If we paly MU again we will stomp them. As for Oregon I love duck hunting season and LSU can kiss my ***!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 02:08 AM
I just want Kansas because they'd be an undefeated top 3 team at that point and from what I understand, beating Missouri twice won't help us as much.

And LSU can kiss my asterisk too!

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 02:19 AM
I can see us playing KU in the CG. As far as LSU I work with a fan of theirs and he won't STFU! So to see them not go to the big game would be great!

KantoSooner
11/5/2007, 02:27 AM
Anyone hear anything about Dixon's injury? The Ducks are legit with him. Without him, they don't crack the top twenty and might lose their remaining games....

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 02:32 AM
They'll lose one either way if you ask me. Not gonna count on injury to pass them. I want him to be fully recovered and LOSE.

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 02:46 AM
Ohio State is the one that needs to lose! That way we clear the top! Then Oregon can go **** themselves and lucky Lester can get bent! I want to see LSU get beat up on by OU. It would really redeem ourselves. OU has the winingest program but we have had some high profile losses. We need to get in everyone's mind that we are the SOONERS!!!

Crucifax Autumn
11/5/2007, 02:58 AM
Hell yeah! There's a reason other teams hate us and it's that we are the greatest team in modern football history and we got that way with multiple great coaches instead of Bama style "claimed" championships under ONE great coach.

WE ARE SOONERS!!!!!

SoonerKnight
11/5/2007, 03:41 AM
Yep! That's why we will get #8,9 and 10!!!!!!!!!

Boomer Sooner!!

jthomasou78
11/12/2007, 07:31 AM
Well we got the OSU loss.

We need to go into destruction mode over the next 3 weeks. Obliterate Tech, Obliterate OSU, and Obliterate hopefully an undefeated KU team. I also thinks it helps if Tulsa wins CUSA.

Oregon is likely to run the table. 3 easy games left. We could use another Michigan loss, another Cal loss, and another USC loss to help lower their computer average.

LSU might slip against Arkansas or Tennesee, if they look lack luster against Ole Miss this week that would help to.

Purple Tiger
11/12/2007, 09:56 AM
Ohio State is the one that needs to lose! That way we clear the top! Then Oregon can go **** themselves and lucky Lester can get bent! I want to see LSU get beat up on by OU. It would really redeem ourselves. OU has the winingest program but we have had some high profile losses. We need to get in everyone's mind that we are the SOONERS!!!Which means a team with 2 or 3 Oklahoma kids and 15 or more Texans starting!:D

badger
11/12/2007, 09:57 AM
Hell yeah! There's a reason other teams hate us and it's that we are the greatest team in modern football history and we got that way with multiple great coaches instead of Bama style "claimed" championships under ONE great coach.

WE ARE SOONERS!!!!!
yes, but they have that block of cement there... always hoping to add a new coach statue to the park :D

MiccoMacey
11/12/2007, 10:10 AM
We could use another Michigan loss, another Cal loss, and another USC loss to help lower their computer average...

Cal just lost to USC. But I think that kind of equalizes out somehow because Oregon already played both of them. When one team wins and won team loses, it negates any real factor, I believe.

If Michigan loses its last game to tOSU, that'll hurt Oregon more.