PDA

View Full Version : Lou Holthz and Mark

BoomerSoonerSchooner
10/21/2007, 01:35 AM
Their top 5 is just ridiculous, they just seem so proud of the top five and Lou always gets another one in there because of a tie. He has it in this order: Ohio State, LSU, Boston College, Oregon, Arizona State and Kansas (tied). Mark May's isn't much different.

Rece made the comment that both of them are hitting Oklahoma over the head for struggling against Iowa State. Lou makes his comment "Well, Kansthas beat Colorada, Oklahoma didn't"

Not that these matter but ESPN is that much closer to making me throw something at the TV!!

A Sooner in Texas
10/21/2007, 01:40 AM
Saw that too and had the exact same reaction.

FirstandGoal
10/21/2007, 01:43 AM
Just saw that myself and knew there would be a thread here about it.:D

Quite honestly, I would be very afraid if either one of them started liking us. Both are complete tards whose opinions I could care less about.

Sooner Stew
10/21/2007, 01:44 AM
they are idiots for putting the ranks that way just b/c OU didn't play their best today...I can't believe that they would say Kansas is a better team than OU...this is just a thought but if they played OU's easy *** schedule...which is in my opinion is tougher than KU's...I think they would've had two losses at this point...I think Miami could beat the Jayhawks and Mizzou to me is a very good team with a great leader and I think they will pull the upset when the time comes around

Flagstaffsooner
10/21/2007, 01:44 AM
Like we care what those two asshats say.

Sooner Stew
10/21/2007, 01:47 AM
no sh*t i cant stand Lou Holtz...I can barely understand him half the time and Mark May has always looked retarded to me on ESPN..I really don't see how these guys have kept their job...

OUTromBoNado
10/21/2007, 01:51 AM
Lou should give next week's pep talk to BC.

Blue
10/21/2007, 02:00 AM
I see all 6 of Lous top 5 losing a game down the road.

soonermeteor
10/21/2007, 02:07 AM
This is a good place to post this, since it goes along with bashing oklahoma for the win today.

I'm so sick of people splooging over LSU's last second victories. We get away 17-7 and it requires some miracle play for LSU to come back AT HOME? I know Iowa state is no auburn but at the same time why does LSU deserve so much credit for nearly losing at least 2 games now? Stewart mandel said they could very much be 0-3 these past three weeks but then goes on to say how that somehow makes them more deserving of the NC. This is like aggie logic. :rolleyes:

I bet LSU loses another but then beats us out for the NC.

Vaevictis
10/21/2007, 02:08 AM
Ohio State, Boston College, and Kansas are all undefeated. We really don't have room to bitch about them being ranked above us.

And frankly, Kansas being ranked higher than us is good. Assuming things go the way we want them to, we get them in the CCG. Better for us to beat a higher ranked team in the CCG, yes?

Blue
10/21/2007, 02:25 AM
We're only halfway through conference play. It will work out fine. If we win out, we'll be in the title game.

Vegas Vic
10/21/2007, 02:25 AM
We get away 17-7 and it requires some miracle play for LSU to come back AT HOME? I know Iowa state is no auburn but at the same time why does LSU deserve so much credit for nearly losing at least 2 games now?

Because Florida and Auburn are two of the better teams in the country and Iowa State is one of the worst teams in the country.

That would be my guess.

Blue
10/21/2007, 02:31 AM
Because Florida and Auburn are two of the better teams in the country and Iowa State is one of the worst teams in the country.

That would be my guess.

What makes Fla, Auburn, and LSU so great? Because they play each other in close games?

Lsu looked average against Tulane. Auburn lost to Miss St. and S. Fla. and in turn beat Florida.

Ohio st. last year looked unbeatable too. I'll reserve judgement until the season is played out.

tulsaoilerfan
10/21/2007, 02:36 AM
no sh*t i cant stand Lou Holtz...I can barely understand him half the time and Mark May has always looked retarded to me on ESPN..I really don't see how these guys have kept their job...
May is still ****ed because he spent all of 03 pimping Fitzgerald for the Heisman and Jason still won it

Blue
10/21/2007, 02:39 AM
I just know I would love to hear Rece Davis yell out, "Go play intramurals brother!" one more time during a Colorado highlight.

That's so "Now."

tommieharris91
10/21/2007, 03:34 AM
I really have no problem with Kansas being ahead of us because they have a 0 in the loss column, but Oregon in the top 5? One of those pundits had the bribers at #2! Oregon lost at home to now 2-loss Cal, and Cal hasn't played USC or ASU yet. Cal will certainly lose another game this season. I really don't understand all the love for the Nike fixer ducks. Apparently, all of the ESPN guys were impressed that Oregon played really well in a loss at home to a now 2-loss Cal (this doesn't sound aggy to anyone else, does it?). There is no way Oregon is a top 5 team.

Arizona State has tests coming up against Oregon and USC, as well. I also think the SEC champ will have 2 losses. OU has got to win out to even have a shot at an NC, or all of this conversation is moot.

TXBOOMER
10/21/2007, 08:16 AM
I hope OU and KU win out. I think we match up really well against them. I would love to play them in the Big 12 Championship game. As much parity as there is right now in college football there are a lot more losses to comes for top ten teams before this season is over. F those tards on espn!

soonersn2007
10/21/2007, 08:28 AM
I dismiss those two morons, they are inconsistent......b/c sometimes just winning is their criteria while Oklahoma has to win big to get respect.

I am not proud of OU's game yesterday, but I know they played their worst game of the year and still won.

OUHOMER
10/21/2007, 08:49 AM
talking heads, I dont know that i would rank oregon ahead of us, but after watching us play yesterday i dont know that i would move them up in the polls if i was a voter. I wouldnt lower them but dont think i would move them up either.

But I am not a voter, I am a fan.. so we move up to #3 :D

stoopified
10/21/2007, 09:29 AM
I guess we don't get any love for beating Missou,UT or (I still think)a pretty good UM team.All three winning this weekend should help us with the computers.UM could still help us big time if they take down BC.

badger
10/21/2007, 09:39 AM
Lou should give next week's pep talk to BC.
How about a pep talk to every team we want to see loothe:

1- pep Ohio State to "beat" Penn State (tee hee)
2- LSU needs more pep to win out in the SEC (somebody's luck is about to run out)
3- Finally, Boston College obviously needs more motivation, because they just can't keep winning on their own. BC needs "help" to beat Va Tech. PREVAIL! (lol)

Stitch Face
10/21/2007, 09:47 AM
If CFB had a playoff system ESPN and all football forums would have to shut down.

StoopTroup
10/21/2007, 09:48 AM
So lou is still alive?

adoniijahsooner
10/21/2007, 09:56 AM
If CFB had a playoff system ESPN and all football forums would have to shut down.

Exactly, I am tired of all these guys deciding who is better than who and teams havent even played each other yet. Oklahoma beats a ranked Mizzou and Texas in back to back weeks, then have a bad offensive game against the cyclones and they drop out of their top 5. Usc Loses to Stanford at home, and mark may says they should still be in consideration if they win out. Lsu's should have at least 3 loses by now (Florida, Kentucky, and Auburn) and everyone still puts them at number 2. last night I decided to just read teambased websites and boycott espn all together.

OKC-SLC
10/21/2007, 10:04 AM
OU needs to look better for people to think we're elite.

And I don't blame them.

But I also think there are, what, tens of people who care what those dooshes think?

bluedogok
10/21/2007, 10:09 AM
Wrong....have you seen the coverage of the other sports/leagues that have playoffs like the NFL, MLB and NBA? They talk even more about those than they do college football. After about 2am Sunday morning college football didn't happen the day before, wall to wall NFL coverage. There are plenty of NFL and MLB based forums.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/21/2007, 10:17 AM
We gotta have an additional loss from all but one of the following in order to make the NC game:
suc, Leslie tigers, tOSU, BC, Fla gators, Kansas, Oregon, ASU(maybe twice)
and, only one more brain-dead win by the Sooners might be allowed.

josh09
10/21/2007, 11:07 AM
Their top 5 is just ridiculous, they just seem so proud of the top five and Lou always gets another one in there because of a tie. He has it in this order: Ohio State, LSU, Boston College, Oregon, Arizona State and Kansas (tied). Mark May's isn't much different.

Rece made the comment that both of them are hitting Oklahoma over the head for struggling against Iowa State. Lou makes his comment "Well, Kansthas beat Colorada, Oklahoma didn't"

Not that these matter but ESPN is that much closer to making me throw something at the TV!!

Lou is a total ******. How can he say that when this season has been playing out the way it has, and anything is possible on any given day?

And ive just always hated Mark May.

SoonerMom2
10/21/2007, 11:11 AM
they are idiots for putting the ranks that way just b/c OU didn't play their best today...I can't believe that they would say Kansas is a better team than OU...this is just a thought but if they played OU's easy *** schedule...which is in my opinion is tougher than KU's...I think they would've had two losses at this point...I think Miami could beat the Jayhawks and Mizzou to me is a very good team with a great leader and I think they will pull the upset when the time comes around

Kansas doesn't play OU, Texas, or Texas Tech this year. And who did they plan in the preseason -- usual cream puffs. Wouldn't give you two cents for either one of those and if they start picking us, we might be in trouble.

Maybe when we don't play a school with grass that needs mowed in order to slow down our players, we will look better. Guess it didn't matter that we beat MO last week to those clowns. ESPN has the worst people now but then they did hire Doug Gotlieb from OSU so what does that tell you.

Cannot believe that I am saying this but Corso has been fairer to us then the others.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/21/2007, 11:15 AM
FWIW, Herbstreit kept us at #5.

BudsBoy
10/21/2007, 11:20 AM
Well duh, Kansas did beat Col. and they looked darn good doing it. Their defense was more effective than our's and their defensive and offensive line's were better in that game.

TUSooner
10/21/2007, 12:57 PM
STOP WHINING !!!! Enough of this "nobody loves us" CRAP.

When you give a game to Colorado and almost do the same to an ISU team that surrendered half a hundred the previous week, you should not expect media love.

toneful
10/21/2007, 01:03 PM
both those tards are turds. OU has beat better teams than Kansas has beat...UT, UM, maybe even Miami. Having said that, we played like azz yesterday and have looked bad at times. Actually, i hope KU stays unbeaten and is even ahead of OU so that when we play them in Big 12 Ch game we will get credit for a good win.
Also, i still think we have a bump in the road in Lubbock. I have a terrible feeling about that game.

adoniijahsooner
10/21/2007, 01:06 PM

When you give a game to Colorado and almost do the same to an ISU team that surrendered half a hundred the previous week, you should not expect media love.

The object is to win the game, and i for one dont care if we win by 7 or 49 as long as win. Ohio State beat everyone by a small margin when they played miami in the NCG, and no one was whining about their margin of victory or the competition. Many teams have losses already and how do you decide who plays for the crown? Guess what the Lou Holtzs and mark mays are going to be ones who decides it, and i dont think it makes a difference whether we lost to Colorado or Texas, a one loss USC or one loss LSU will beat us everytime, because that will be what the media wants since we got throttled the last time we made it over another team with identical record.

Vegas Vic
10/21/2007, 01:13 PM
All three winning this weekend should help us with the computers.

Actually, OU has dropped in most of the computer polls this week. Sagarin has them at 14th now, down from 12th last week.

85sooners
10/21/2007, 01:22 PM
Lou should give next week's pep talk to BC.;)

GrapevineSooner
10/21/2007, 01:44 PM

Furthermore, If OU and KU win out, we'll have a chance to prove we're better than KU the first Saturday in December down in San Antone. :rolleyes: at all the tards on this board.

But getting back to TU's point, if you lose at all this season, you lose the right to complain.

starclassic tama
10/21/2007, 02:06 PM
Like we care what those two asshats say.

apparently you do because there is a thread about it with several responses

OUTromBoNado
10/21/2007, 04:03 PM
I really don't know why anybody gets worked up about the "experts'" and "analysts'" Top 5 ratings or anything. It's all about the teams that are the flavor of the week. Come on...you guys know this.

Besides, the way this season is going, can you really expect them NOT to pick the teams that appear to be hot right now? Trying to pick a Top 5 or Top 10 in college football right now is about as weird as it can get.

soonermeteor
10/21/2007, 05:42 PM
I stopped watching lou and mark after they couldn't stop blabbing about how awesome Oregon was in their "win" over us. They completely ignored the game and just had hard ons for Dixon.

Stitch Face
10/21/2007, 05:44 PM
Wrong....have you seen the coverage of the other sports/leagues that have playoffs like the NFL, MLB and NBA? They talk even more about those than they do college football.

And the talk is even more meaningless. All that matters is what happens on gameday.

cvsooner
10/21/2007, 08:11 PM
Also, i still think we have a bump in the road in Lubbock. I have a terrible feeling about that game.

Tech could be troublesome. Our performance on the road concerns me, but one thing that does give me hope is Tech hasn't exactly played like gangbusters, especially against the likes of SMU, Rice and UTEP. The first decent team they play, they lose to in Stoolwater, and the first really good team they play they get clobbered. I expect them to lose to Texas, as well.

We have four games remaining, regular season. Three of them are at home, one on the road. Hopefully by that point we'll have everything worked out. I keep hoping we're just trying not to peak too soon...and saving our best games for Tech, OSEwe, Kansas or Mizzou and wherever the BCS gods wind up sending us.

bluedogok
10/21/2007, 08:23 PM
Just win all of them and see how things sort out. There are way too many games left in this wacky year to worry about standings right now.

BornandBred
10/21/2007, 10:58 PM
Lou Holthz should be strung up by the skinny side of his tie.

SoonerKnight
10/22/2007, 02:41 AM
Lou Holthz should be strung up by the skinny side of his tie.

I agree!!!:D