PDA

View Full Version : How/Why does Herbstreet put Oregon ahead of us?

8timechamps
10/21/2007, 12:34 AM
Did he not see that the Ducks gave up 34 points against a mediocre Washington team (the game wasn't decided until late in the 4th). The also lost to Cal, and Cal isn't exactly lighting it up lately. So, the BIG win they have this year is Michigan...and we all know about Michigan.

The Pac 10 butt kissing is at a new level of stupid.

sooner518
10/21/2007, 12:35 AM
im gonna guess because we looked atrocious against a very bad Iowa State team.

8timechamps
10/21/2007, 12:36 AM
im gonna guess because we looked atrocious against a very bad Iowa State team.

No, he's had them ahead of us all year!

SoonerDood
10/21/2007, 12:36 AM
It's all about style points to impress the pollsters. Remember when Style Points to impress the computers was "unsportsmanlike"?

MiccoMacey
10/21/2007, 12:39 AM
I can't say as I disagree. It's not like he's putting Cal ahead of us. Both of us only have one loss. Neither team has a great win (our best is Missouri, their best is maybe Michigan).

It's still too early to worry right now, I think. If he still believes it in November, I'd be more worried.

Sooner02
10/21/2007, 12:44 AM
By the way...Oregon lost at HOME to this 2-loss Cal team. We lost in a tough environment on the road, which by the way, is the same place that an undefeated Kansas nearly lost today.

It's all about simply believing the pac10 and sec are stronger conferences than the Big12, and that's all it's about.

BoomerSoonerSchooner
10/21/2007, 12:49 AM
I'm getting sick of ESPN, it's almost impossible to watch College Football Final because sure, show highlights of OU's game but don't discuss it. But let's talk about the SEC and Tim Tebow. "Yes he is superman, not going to use kryptonite on him" Mark May says. Such crap.

Widescreen
10/21/2007, 12:49 AM
After today's game, I was a bit surprised he still had us in his top 5. If we really want to move up, we're going to have to go back to blowing people out.

Sooner02
10/21/2007, 01:00 AM
I just expect no talk about us at all. They can spend 20 minutes on how glorious all the sec teams are or an irrelevant notre dame team, or how usc is gonna come back and kill everyone in their path, but nothing on OU and the Big12. It's almost as if they're forced to include us in any BCS conversation as a sort of a complementary aside remark. It feels as if they just expect us to lose again come the end of the season so they will put no stake in our team at all. It's all about the sec and pac10 this year...oh and if ohio st can stay unbeaten, they're the wildcard.

soonertruth12
10/21/2007, 01:09 AM
Oregon has an explosive O that makes them seem like a legit threat, their schedule coming up will tell us how good they really are

Leroy Lizard
10/21/2007, 01:12 AM
Cal > Colorado. I think that sums it up.

josh09
10/21/2007, 01:14 AM
Did he not see that the Ducks gave up 34 points against a mediocre Washington team (the game wasn't decided until late in the 4th). The also lost to Cal, and Cal isn't exactly lighting it up lately. So, the BIG win they have this year is Michigan...and we all know about Michigan.

The Pac 10 butt kissing is at a new level of stupid.

Oregon had a great game on the same day we happened to have a bad game.

Its as simple as that.

Sooner02
10/21/2007, 01:16 AM
The fact is that OU is perceived to only be capitalizing on a perceived weak Big12 this year, and this does not impress most pundit talking heads. We don't even play a top10 team (since Texas loss to KSU prevented that from happening) and our schedule is perceived to be light. Our toughest test was last week against Missouri. Other than that, there is little to brag about to the national media elitists.

On another note, it could be worse. We could be in Miami or FSU's position. I'll take beating up on a "weak" Big12, even if that prevents us from ever obtaining a #2 or higher ranking. So be it, we can't control that.

Sooner Stew
10/21/2007, 01:23 AM
is there anyway possible that OSU could be ranked as high as 10 or 15 when ****** rolls around if they keep on winning?

that would really help us if they were...I would love them to come into Norman on a roll so the troops can again burst their bubble

A Sooner in Texas
10/21/2007, 01:28 AM
I just expect no talk about us at all. They can spend 20 minutes on how glorious all the sec teams are or an irrelevant notre dame team, or how usc is gonna come back and kill everyone in their path, but nothing on OU and the Big12. It's almost as if they're forced to include us in any BCS conversation as a sort of a complementary aside remark. It feels as if they just expect us to lose again come the end of the season so they will put no stake in our team at all. It's all about the sec and pac10 this year...oh and if ohio st can stay unbeaten, they're the wildcard.

But don't you see how this can work to our advantage? OU can be the stealth team this year...sneaking up each week as we win out - even those fugly wins like today's - as the other top-ranked teams lose loudly. You know, stealthy like Chuck Norris.
OU doesn't sleep...OU waits.
And yes, I've been drinking. :D

badger
10/21/2007, 09:37 AM
There is no BCS measure for "quality losses" :D:D:D

Yet, so many are talking about them, because virtually all teams have a loss now.

LSU has the highest quality loss to Kentucky, an SEC team with two losses.
Oregon also has a quality loss against Cal, a ranked Pac 10 team.
HOWEVER, evil dirty rotten cheater gooners OU has a loss to unranked unheard of Colorado.

Therefore, send OU to the Toilet Bowl, but not the Sugar Bowl for the champeeenship!

StoopTroup
10/21/2007, 09:45 AM
Kirk doesn't want his beloved bucnutz to have to play us for the MNC.

It's that simple IMO.

rubyspirit
10/21/2007, 09:46 AM
ESPN sucks. They don't like OU. It has a lot to do with the big lost in 2004 when Jason White choked in the NC to lose 55-19 to USC. They still haven't forgiven us for that.

SoonerBOI
10/21/2007, 09:49 AM
Style points, maybe. Herbie expounds the tosu propaganda all the time.

StoopTroup
10/21/2007, 09:51 AM
ESPN sucks. They don't like OU. It has a lot to do with the big lost in 2004 when Jason White choked in the NC to lose 55-19 to USC. They still haven't forgiven us for that.
And yet they forgive Reggie Bush.

:pop:

BillyBall
10/21/2007, 10:05 AM
I think its because Oregon dominated us last year in Eugene, oh wait....

SoonerMom2
10/21/2007, 11:07 AM
Kirk doesn't want his beloved bucnutz to have to play us for the MNC.

It's that simple IMO.

BINGO! He has to know the Buckeyes are overrated -- Michigan better do the job this year. I am originally from Ohio but since Tressel has been at OSU and brought in his thugs, I will never root for them.

Still haven't figured out why OSU didn't get in trouble over Clarrett and his academics. He never went to class and they gave him oral exams -- yeah right. It was turned in by their academic side and the football side covered it up and the NCAA looked the other way. Clarrett was ineligible for their National Championship game or should have been ruled that by OSU but it is better to win with Tressel then play by the rules!

tbl
10/21/2007, 03:56 PM
Herbie picked us to play in the NC early in the year and has still stuck to that... Maybe I missed something.

soonernation
10/21/2007, 04:04 PM
Herbie picked us to play in the NC early in the year and has still stuck to that... Maybe I missed something.

I've always thought Herbie had respect for OU. I'm not seeing the problem with him. He has us #5. Considering how OU looked yesterday I think he's being fair.