PDA

View Full Version : Bradford today

King Crimson
10/20/2007, 11:43 PM
for a kid who grew up playing football and golf in Oklahoma, i was surprised to see him struggle with the wind...especially on those 2-3 post routes on which should have scored.

he also did not do a great job feeling pressure in the pocket.

but, he made some clutch throws, too.

OKC-SLC
10/20/2007, 11:48 PM
yep. just a bit off on his game.

He's sure played well this season--I did not think QB would be a strength for this team.

But he made a couple bad decisions (the last sack he took; the decision to scramble for first on the 4th down attempt) and seemed off on his passes. I think we can just chalk it up to a 'bad' game.

man00
10/20/2007, 11:48 PM
He will learn, give him time

StoopTroup
10/20/2007, 11:49 PM
I thought a bad game was when you lose?

Or is that a really bad day?

8timechamps
10/20/2007, 11:50 PM
I don't think we should put all the 'blame' on Bradford. ISU played a hell of a game.

King Crimson
10/20/2007, 11:51 PM
He will learn, give him time

I'm not down on Sam at all. i'm just saying as a fellow Okie and somewhat accomplished golfer (inna day), the wind is nothing new to anyone in OK.

OKC-SLC
10/20/2007, 11:51 PM
I am pleased as punch that he's here for another three years.

man00
10/20/2007, 11:54 PM
He got hit a few times today so he may have been thinking about that too??

OKC-SLC
10/20/2007, 11:55 PM
I don't think we should put all the 'blame' on Bradford. ISU played a hell of a game.
I don't think KC was, and I know I wasn't. Sam has spoiled us with his performances so far, and this one was a bit off his usual, that's all.

soonersn2007
10/20/2007, 11:55 PM
When Sam is able to read defenses by himself, look off receivers, feel pressure and scramble to the open area, throw the ball away..........he will be a complete quarterback.

Maybe since he started off so well, I have higher expectations for him than I should.

Sooner Stew
10/20/2007, 11:56 PM
he wasn't at his sharpest today but i think he got a little rattled in the very beginning after they went three and out...he never got into a rhythm which obviously has to be tougher when the wind is whipping through the stadium like it was... alot of the problem today though was thx in part to ISU's pressure up front...those guys were gettin a great rush in the first half when we were still trying to throw it all the way down the field and Im just glad that Wilson finally decided to run it down their throat...

as for Bradford you can really tell that he's much more comfortable at home and thats totally understandable and I think he'll get smarter and smarter as his career progresses on the road..Every road game he plays he'll get more and more confident...I mean when you have Josh Heupal teaching you everyday you would have to improve...anyone would

8timechamps
10/21/2007, 12:01 AM
I don't think KC was, and I know I wasn't. Sam has spoiled us with his performances so far, and this one was a bit off his usual, that's all.

No, by 'blame', I meant that if anyone was looking for things that may have gone wrong...not actual blame.

As for KC, he and I live in the same city, and he's introduced me to some good eatin'. So, I just ignore him unless it has anything to do with food.

King Crimson
10/21/2007, 12:08 AM
As for KC, he and I live in the same city, and he's introduced me to some good eatin'. So, I just ignore him unless it has anything to do with food.

ouch. wtf?

OKC-SLC
10/21/2007, 12:09 AM
Heh.

I'm effing starving right now, come to think of it.

Fred Garvin
10/21/2007, 12:17 AM

It seems like a lot of bad teams have good days against us.

8timechamps
10/21/2007, 12:28 AM
ouch. wtf?

Once you mention food, I ignore all else.

By the way, I'm looking for some good Green Chili, any thoughts?

The Brewry Bar II has some good green, but a little far to drive.

8timechamps
10/21/2007, 12:29 AM
It seems like a lot of bad teams have good days against us.

That's what happens when you wear a target on your back.

josh09
10/21/2007, 12:52 AM
for a kid who grew up playing football and golf in Oklahoma, i was surprised to see him struggle with the wind...especially on those 2-3 post routes on which should have scored.

he also did not do a great job feeling pressure in the pocket.

but, he made some clutch throws, too.

Well i guess he CANT be perfect after all....

:D

King Crimson
10/21/2007, 12:54 AM
Once you mention food, I ignore all else.

that's a clever reversal.....:D

By the way, I'm looking for some good Green Chili, any thoughts?

The Brewery Bar II has some good green, but a little far to drive.

you live way up west on 70 or something, right?

no idea.

for me, i go to taco de mexico, BB II (there's no easy way to get to that addy on Kalamath--i'd love to watch a Bronco game there, though), Blue Bonnett on s. broadway is good.

King Crimson
10/21/2007, 12:58 AM
i like the chile verde at the Santiago's locations all around the Denver area. it's hot and good. they've got 20 locations, even in Boulder. it's good green chile.

smothered bean and chicharrones burrito is the bomb. hot is hot.

breakfast burritos are bigtime with the construction worker network. that says something.

soonertruth12
10/21/2007, 01:06 AM
definately not a good game for Sammy boy but IMO im glad he had his off day in a win

Texas Golfer
10/21/2007, 02:50 AM
For the first time this season, Sam played like a freshman. He made "rookie" decisions. On that 4th down run, he had two wide open receivers of which either would certainly have gotten the first down and maybe even a TD. But, instead of reading the field, he committed to the run. I'm just glad he did it against the Cyclones. I sure hope he got it out of his system.

It was mentioned earlier that Sam feels more comfortable at home. His stats certainly backs that statement up. At home, he's thrown for 16 TDs and only 1 interception. On the road, 4 TDs and 4 interceptions.

swardboy
10/21/2007, 06:33 AM
We couldn't have picked a better season to "season" Sam with the 2007 schedule.

1890MilesToNorman
10/21/2007, 08:04 AM
Anyone who competes at sports is going to have off days or nights. I am very comfortable with Sam, he wasn't throwing darts yesterday but still managed the win. The best part about Sam is we get to watch him for another 3 years.

Aries
10/21/2007, 08:09 AM
Sam got some good experience, we still won, and ISU got a moral victory. So it's good all around.:)

josh09
10/21/2007, 11:12 AM
I WANT NICHOL/HALZLE!!!

:D

jkjsooner
10/21/2007, 11:53 AM
For the first time this season, Sam played like a freshman. He made "rookie" decisions. On that 4th down run, he had two wide open receivers of which either would certainly have gotten the first down and maybe even a TD. But, instead of reading the field, he committed to the run.

Even worse than committing to the run, he was indecisive once he committed. I suspect that maybe he noticed he had open receivers and hesitated but realized it was too late as he was probably beyond the line of scrimmage. Next time, mistake or not, he can't second guess himself.

SoonerLB
10/21/2007, 11:56 AM
He might have had a better day if the offensive line would have allowed him to. Same for our running backs. Just didn't seem to me that the O-line played up to their potential, and that made the day tougher on the whole team.
Granted, ISU was keyed up, but they still should never have been in that game like they were. Seemed to me that we under-achieved more than they over-achieved. Just my take on it.

stoopified
10/21/2007, 03:51 PM
. Sam has spoiled us with his performances so far, and this one was a bit off his usual, that's all.
Bingo.I think before the season we would have been tickled with 16-28,183 yds on a weekly basis.THE ANSWER has has raised OUr level of expectation.

bixby28
10/21/2007, 04:47 PM
No QB is going to make every play. Sam played a smart game, IMO. It was not his best game this season but he wasn't the reason the offense struggled at times.