PDA

View Full Version : OU's defense played a great game today...

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 08:05 PM
...Sometimes you don't alaways play great on both sides of the ball and the great teams find a way to win...Congrtas OU !!!!!

medstudent24
10/20/2007, 08:08 PM
I agree they did play well today.

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 08:09 PM
I agree they did play well today.

Thank you, they agree too...

Remembering Tom Stidham
10/20/2007, 08:14 PM
People, we played one of the worst teams in college football.

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 08:16 PM

Yes, but I think they lifted weights last week and played tough today..

Newbomb Turk
10/20/2007, 08:17 PM
they ran too.

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 08:20 PM
I read they started some trendy new nutritional program last week too...so you have to consider all of this...impressive win by the So0ners under the circumstances...

birddog
10/20/2007, 08:30 PM
hey, now we know we could compete with northern iowa!

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 08:31 PM

lest we forget Iowa...

KC//CRIMSON
10/20/2007, 08:32 PM

Hmmm.

Points scored against ISU:

56 - Texas
42 - Tx Tech
36 - Toledo
35 - Nebraska
24 - Northern Iowa
23 - Kent State
17 - Oklahoma
13 - Iowa

birddog
10/20/2007, 08:34 PM
i said compete, not beat.

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 08:35 PM
Hmmm.

Points scored against ISU:

56 - Texas
42 - Tx Tech
36 - Toledo
35 - Nebraska
24 - Northern Iowa
23 - Kent State
17 - Oklahoma
13 - Iowa

But you forget all of the tangible and intangible differences this week noted earlier...you post is comparing apples to oranges..

zeke
10/20/2007, 08:37 PM

It goes in the books as a WIN

I'll take it

The defense played very well and only gave up 1 TD. Even after several turnovers.

If we are to have a day where we are not hitting on all cylinders, like today, and especially this year, its big to get out with a win.

Away from home, hostile crowd, big target on our jerseys, mometum, fumbles, interception...OU wins ISU lost

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

KC//CRIMSON
10/20/2007, 08:41 PM
But you forget all of the tangible and intangible differences this week noted earlier...you post is comparing apples to oranges..

http://www.tobeyoung.org/customavatars/avatar2259_4.gif

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 08:43 PM

KC , I thought you had previously agreed to stop the self-portraits...geeezz..

KC//CRIMSON
10/20/2007, 08:46 PM
Rusty, I thought you had previously agreed to stop breathing...geeezz..

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 08:47 PM
Rusty, I thought you had previously agreed to stop breathing...geeezz..

You should probably be banned for such a provacative self-portrait...gross...

KC//CRIMSON
10/20/2007, 08:49 PM
and you should probably be banned for having the wit of a six year old......

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 08:51 PM
and you should probably be banned for having the wit of a six year old......

clevor comment wacky boy...

OKC-SLC
10/20/2007, 08:52 PM
I don't care who you are, that's a funny picture right there.

SoonerBOI
10/20/2007, 09:01 PM
Yes, but I think they lifted weights last week and played tough today.. :D x1000

GottaHavePride
10/20/2007, 09:11 PM

Mark it on the calendar. I'm gonna agree with Rus, here.

All I'm saying is, our 2000 squad only won 12-7 in Stillwater, and OSU was a 3-8 team that year. Our 2004 squad, probably the best defense Stoops has ever fielded at OU, only managed a 31-21 win over a 4-7 KSU team.

A road win in the Big XII is not to be sneezed at, I don't care who you're playing. Especially when you're playing against a quarterback who has started all four years in college. Even if ISU is a horrible sucky team, their quarterback has more in-game experience than any other QB in the country, which means mistakes are very costly against him.

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 09:15 PM
Mark it on the calendar. I'm gonna agree with Rus, here.

All I'm saying is, our 2000 squad only won 12-7 in Stillwater, and OSU was a 3-8 team that year. Our 2004 squad, probably the best defense Stoops has ever fielded at OU, only managed a 31-21 win over a 4-7 KSU team.

A road win in the Big XII is not to be sneezed at, I don't care who you're playing. Especially when you're playing against a quarterback who has started all four years in college. Even if ISU is a horrible sucky team, their quarterback has more in-game experience than any other QB in the country, which means mistakes are very costly against him.

partial stroke, GHP agrees with me one time...cool...

medstudent24
10/20/2007, 09:29 PM

I tend to agree. The difference between winning and losing those close games is heart and team leadership. If you remember Josh Heupel didnt have the greatest game against OSU in 2000, but the difference is that he was a true team leader.

As good as Heupel was as a quarterback, he was even better as a team leader and thats the reason we won those close games at the end of the year. If we were put in those same situations this year, I think we lose more often than not simply because we dont have the team leaders that we had in 2000

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 09:49 PM
I tend to agree. The difference between winning and losing those close games is heart and team leadership. If you remember Josh Heupel didnt have the greatest game against OSU in 2000, but the difference is that he was a true team leader.

As good as Heupel was as a quarterback, he was even better as a team leader and thats the reason we won those close games at the end of the year. If we were put in those same situations this year, I think we lose more often than not simply because we dont have the team leaders that we had in 2000

Disagree, Bradford is very positive

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2007, 09:49 PM
If you remember Josh Heupel didnt have the greatest game against OSU in 2000, but the difference is that he was a true team leader.

Let me get this straight: Strait knocked a pass away in the end zone on the last play, and that demonstrated Heupel's leadership?

If Strait mistimes the jump even slightly, or the ball is placed just a little bit better for the WR, OSU wins and our loss is considered an example of poor leadership and coaching? But since Strait times it perfectly, the game is a display of great leadership and preparation, right?

That is utter nonsense.

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 09:50 PM
Let me get this straight: Strait knocked a pass away in the end zone on the last play, and that demonstrated Heupel's leadership?

If Strait mistimes the jump even slightly, or the ball is placed just a little bit better for the WR, OSU wins and our loss is considered an example of poor leadership and coaching? But since Strait times it perfectly, the game is a display of great leadership and preparation, right?

That is utter nonsense.

tend to agree...

OKC-SLC
10/20/2007, 09:53 PM

That is utter nonsense.
And the next year, when Woods caught the game winner in Norman (in front of Strait, I think), that was because Josh was doing a crappy job leading with his whole trying-to-make-it-in-the-NFL thing.

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 10:00 PM
bla, bla ,bla......