PDA

View Full Version : Its a good day for the Sooners

jthomasou78
10/20/2007, 06:39 PM
You go on the road in conference and you get a win. Several of the teams around the country rated above us in the computer polls lost. No one won big and gained alot of style points in the human polls. so far it has been a very decent day for us!

rubyspirit
10/20/2007, 06:40 PM
A win is always great ... no matter how it comes ...

BOOMER!

OKLA21FAN
10/20/2007, 06:40 PM
sticky post nomination of the year

AllAboutThe'O'
10/20/2007, 06:43 PM

BOOMER!
In this crazy season, I'll take a 2-0 final score as long as it's a win.

Youngsooner
10/20/2007, 06:45 PM
yeah i agree... a part of me feels like it's a loss... but we won and we are 7-1... now for A&M in two weeks

Collier11
10/20/2007, 07:00 PM
You go on the road in conference and you get a win. Several of the teams around the country rated above us in the computer polls lost. No one won big and gained alot of style points in the human polls. so far it has been a very decent day for us!

Agree Agree Agree!!! A win is a win, especially on the road. The key is that we came back and won when others are losing and we have the chance to get better. I personally think turning this team from what they are now into a championship team is a great challenge for Coach Stoops that he will grasp and we will start playing better post bye week!

sendbaht
10/20/2007, 07:06 PM
A win is a win....I likem.

David Earl
10/20/2007, 07:10 PM
sticky post nomination of the year

Done.

tommieharris91
10/20/2007, 07:13 PM
I like teh wins too.

Sooner02
10/20/2007, 07:14 PM
A win is a win except when it's an OU win for the media. We "struggled," "survived," "barely made it out," etc. All of these comments sway poll voters and when it comes to splitting hairs, they will take the ESPN snide comments to make USC (who rolled over a crappy ND team) look fantastic and us look mediocre. There is no mystery that a one loss LSU will never be below a one loss OU. Also, get ready to hear the "Arizona State should jump OU b/c they are undefeated and in the Pac10" comments coming up in the next week or two since they are idle this week and we are idle next week.

GottaHavePride
10/20/2007, 07:14 PM
Is anyone else really glad we have a bye wek now? I think this team really could have used a bye week between non-conference and conference play.

I feel sorry for the pounding A&M is about to receive in two weeks.

Blue
10/20/2007, 07:28 PM
It's Sticky!

http://www.jillstanek.com/archives/Run-DMC.jpg

soonerguild
10/20/2007, 07:45 PM
AGEED! Really alot of games went are way this weekend so far. South Florida, Kentucky, South Carolina, and Cal all lost to go ahead and give themselves all two losses, with USF's being their most important first. tOSU looked very ordinary. Mizzou killed tech. Miami beat FSU. Losts of good things happened to day. Besides in the long run a scare might be the best thing that could have happened.

Moving on up
BOOMER SOONER

TUSooner
10/20/2007, 08:18 PM
Yep. It was about the worst looking Sooner win I've seen, but it was still way better than the "best" Sooner loss. :D

Sooner02
10/20/2007, 08:23 PM
In this season, I'll take a W any week! It might have been a crappy game, but it was a great outcome.

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 08:27 PM
In this season, I'll take a W any week! It might have been a crappy game, but it was a great outcome.

It may have been crappy in some respects but the defense stepped up and won this game...nice to see...

soonermeteor
10/20/2007, 08:28 PM
All that really matters now for us is getting to mid December with only one loss. If those losses come good, ugly, or the both, it won't matter.

FirstandGoal
10/20/2007, 08:34 PM
It was a butt-ugly win.

And I still like it! :)

Collier11
10/20/2007, 08:40 PM
weve played three 4 straight sloppy games and won 3 of them, this is the best time for our Bye week and Stoops will get things fixed!

Sooner02
10/20/2007, 08:42 PM
True, our defense came through, especially when it mattered most with the INT in the endzone.

On offense, I still continue to be impressed with Chris Brown's play and toughness.

MamaMia
10/20/2007, 08:52 PM
We did a fine against a team that was extra pumped because we are the Oklahoma Sooners and we were right there in their back yard. Yes, its a very good day for the Sooners. :)

SoonerBOI
10/20/2007, 09:00 PM
Bye week will give the team the time to iron some kinks. atm you're next! Hopefully we'll have the momentum to carry us over. Boomer!

jthomasou78
10/20/2007, 10:22 PM
You dont blow every team out by 40 points. ISU played a pretty darn good game. They have some pretty good players. We barely missed a few plays that could have broke it open early.

Now if auburn somehow hold son it will be a great day for OU!

SoonerJack
10/20/2007, 10:29 PM
I didn't catch the announcers names, but if you had never seen or heard of college football, you would think that Iowa State was the best team to ever take the field in the history of the game. I almost threw up a few times.

sooner13f
10/20/2007, 11:16 PM
I was glad to see this post. I couldnt watch the game so I depended on soonerfans for my updates. I could not believe what I was reading on this site. I know the Sooners struggled but I am glad the players dont give up as fast as some of the fans around here. Some of the attacks on the players, coaches, refs, and other fans caused me to leave the board and watch a game ticker for my updates. The Sooners may have struggled but a lot of fans on this board had a much worse showing......Thanks for a great Post.

OKC Sooner
10/21/2007, 12:18 AM
Sooner wins are kinda like sex and pizza... the worst I've ever had was still a worthwhile experience. :D

A Sooner in Texas
10/21/2007, 01:38 AM
It's definitely a good day in a great season for the Sooners. Did any of us honestly think we'd be where we are - in the top BCS tier - this season with an unknown freshman QB? Sam may have been a little off his game today, but a win is a win and what can you say about Sam but WOW...and THANK YOU!!!

Jimminy Crimson
10/21/2007, 02:47 AM
"Survive and advance..."

Scott D
10/21/2007, 09:21 AM
Is anyone else really glad we have a bye wek now? I think this team really could have used a bye week between non-conference and conference play.

I feel sorry for the pounding A&M is about to receive in two weeks.

Next you'll want bye weeks every 4-5 weeks ;)

stoopified
10/21/2007, 09:35 AM
A win is a win except when it's an OU win for the media. We "struggled," "survived," "barely made it out," etc. All of these comments sway poll voters and when it comes to splitting hairs, they will take the ESPN snide comments to make USC (who rolled over a crappy ND team) look fantastic and us look mediocre. There is no mystery that a one loss LSU will never be below a one loss OU. Also, get ready to hear the "Arizona State should jump OU b/c they are undefeated and in the Pac10" comments coming up in the next week or two since they are idle this week and we are idle next week.
These are the same idiots who said Missou SELF_DESTRUCTED against OU.Never mind we gave them 2 early gifts AND the refs gave them a GIFT TD at the end.

SoonerBOI
10/21/2007, 09:52 AM
Sooner wins are kinda like sex and pizza... the worst I've ever had was still a worthwhile experience. :D
:D :D :D

StoopTroup
10/21/2007, 10:06 AM
Is this the kool-aid thread?

Man I'm thirsty.

josh09
10/21/2007, 10:58 AM

BOOMER!

Especially after the way this years unfolded.

85sooners
10/21/2007, 11:03 AM
we won!!!!!!!!!!

StoopTroup
10/21/2007, 12:00 PM
we won!!!!!!!!!!
We did?

Oh Yeah...WE DID ! ! ! ;)

:pop:

MojoRisen
10/21/2007, 12:31 PM
I am glad we won- I have always said that! In this Freaky season and peoples luck going for 2 agains't us. We left a lot to work on for the next 2 weeks.

All the talk about how much better our offense was going to be and we laid an egg - is concerning.

I hope we get it together - and I will say that I gave Wilson a hard time and I will stick too it for this Iowa St. win.

The team did come out absolutely flat - and I do hold the coaches somewhat accountable for that.

I also think it is a wake up call for the sooners and this is a good thing to come out with a victory. Should build charactor and burn a fire under the players arse to never come out flat again.

I don't think I would want to be in practice this week - is my opinion.

OK2LA
10/21/2007, 01:44 PM
Yep. It was about the worst looking Sooner win I've seen, but it was still way better than the "best" Sooner loss. :D

You must've missed the Boo Blake years.

Ash
10/21/2007, 02:54 PM
One of the positives that I took from this win was that, on the road, when things weren't going their way, the team found a way to win, gutted it out and came away with the W.

At Colorado, that didn't happen.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/21/2007, 04:23 PM

That's unless you have done some prison time, right?

It would have been perfect if LSU lost but chances are good that teams ahead of us will lose so that style points probably won't be a factor.

OUmillenium
10/21/2007, 09:00 PM
Just win baby.

Great time to heal up some injuries(ryan reynolds?) and get this young team focused for a strong finish. Conference road wins are hard to come by.

Boomer Sooner

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/21/2007, 10:26 PM
Yep. It was about the worst looking Sooner win I've seen, but it was still way better than the "best" Sooner loss. :DI'll take it over the "Game of the Century" any day!

Crucifax Autumn
10/22/2007, 01:28 AM
I'll take it over the "Game of the Century" any day!

That's for certain!

OklahomaRed
10/22/2007, 03:24 PM
Why does the media always hound O.U., but you have LSU squeak by Florida and it's a great win? You have Ohio State struggle with Michigan State and nothing is said? Ugly, but that's what good teams do, win the ugly ones.

kevpks
10/22/2007, 06:59 PM
Why does the media always hound O.U., but you have LSU squeak by Florida and it's a great win? You have Ohio State struggle with Michigan State and nothing is said? Ugly, but that's what good teams do, win the ugly ones.

It doesn't seem like we really took much of a hit from the voters this week, just the ESPN "experts" who bumped us from the top 5. I think LSU would have passed us in the polls even if we won by 50 due to their exposure and Les Miles' "gutsy" (insert barfing smiley) call. Our drop in the computers this week was preordained when Iowa State lost to Northern Iowa and Kent State early in the season.

jwlynn64
10/22/2007, 09:42 PM

I guess that you've never had anchovies and I'll let you figure out which one tasted like it! ;)

CtheB
10/22/2007, 11:17 PM
Barry Switzer once said that you play two bad games every year, you just have to time them right. Saturday was a bad game, and last time I checked, it felt much better than Colorado.

Desert Sapper
10/23/2007, 12:26 AM
I think LSU would have passed us in the polls even if we won by 50 due to their exposure and Les Miles' "gutsy" (insert barfing smiley) call.

The 'best' part was his totally clueless rambling after the game about having 16 seconds on the clock. 6 seconds when they hike the ball. Flynn misses that pass (and he nearly did) and LSU loses at home to Auburn because they were too stupid to call a timeout and kick a FG. I'll never understand the 'genius' label for lester the molester. :rolleyes:

TUSooner
10/23/2007, 04:37 PM
Why does the media always hound O.U., but you have LSU squeak by Florida and it's a great win? You have Ohio State struggle with Michigan State and nothing is said? . . . .

Are you saying a squeak past ISU is the same as squeaking by UFla? I hope not.

Why do some always have to whine about "media bias"? This "poor little old us" victim shtick is unworthy of SOONERS. It's only bias because you expect too much from the media; they treat everybody irrationally most of the time, but they don't pick on OU any more than anybody else. And I have not heard anybody gush with praise about OhSU's wins over nobody. Listen, and you will hear snide remarks about them and others.
If you want the talking heads to praise you without ceasing, you must win every game and, if the oppostion is weak, cover the spread with points to spare. That's just how it is, so stop the paranoia !!

Having completed my rant.... :O

There was no way we were going to get BCS brownie points from playing Iowa St. because their record is so effing lousy. We would have had to win by 50 just to "break even." Of course, we squeaked, so we pay in the pollsters' eyes - as we should expect.

It'll all get better if we play well and keep winning. :D

janderson255
10/23/2007, 05:34 PM
Well said!