PDA

View Full Version : Im ready to fire all of our coaches!!!

The Preach Man
10/20/2007, 05:41 PM
I'd much rather have any of the other coaches around the country that are WAY more creative. There conservative when I think they should be, they attack just the right amount and blitz on every down except for the ones that a blitz would be bad on.

I also want to trade our record for the last seven years for most other teams with records not a good. ;)

*this was sarcasm if you didnt realize*

Piware
10/20/2007, 05:47 PM
Oh, please. Who are you gonna get? Callahan is going to be available soon, how about Coach Fran, maybe another Gundy?!? I will be the first to admit that the four man front on defense and second down play calling is making me crazy but let's just pray for patience. Regardless of how ugly - and it was - it went in the W column.

I have been watching the TT/Mizzou fiasco and it made us look like the NFL.

Tailwind
10/20/2007, 05:51 PM
Didn't recognize the sarcasm thingy huh?

Veritas
10/20/2007, 05:53 PM
I think firing your staff is a grand idea. I know of a very good staff staff that will be looking for work pretty soon.

Curly Bill
10/20/2007, 05:53 PM

It was awesome reading post #2 realizing that was the case. :O

olevetonahill
10/20/2007, 05:54 PM
I dont think he would have recognised it, if it was wet mop smakin him in the face :rolleyes:

Stitch Face
10/20/2007, 05:59 PM
Castiglione is the real problem here! Fire his azz and hire Switzer!

soonersn2007
10/20/2007, 06:13 PM
I finally thought I was gonna get to neg spek someone. ;)

hgarmorer
10/20/2007, 06:14 PM
HERE FISHY, FISHY...

FISH ON!!!!!

olevetonahill
10/20/2007, 06:21 PM
I finally thought I was gonna get to neg spek someone. ;)
Neg me ! I want some grey :rolleyes:

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2007, 06:22 PM
We need a creative force like Tedford, or Spurrier. Did you see those games today? Tons of razzle dazzle all day. Very impressive.

soonersn2007
10/20/2007, 06:26 PM
Neg me ! I want some grey :rolleyes:
It's the thought that counts. :P

badger
10/20/2007, 06:29 PM
I'd much rather have any of the other coaches around the country that are WAY more creative. There conservative when I think they should be, they attack just the right amount and blitz on every down except for the ones that a blitz would be bad on.

I also want to trade our record for the last seven years for most other teams with records not a good. ;)

OMG BANDWAGONER GO TO POKE BOARD YOU STUPID AGGIE!!!!1!!!1 I KILL YOU WITH RED SPEK NOW AND SEND YOU TO SEA OF RED HELL IN NEBBISH. GO HUMP A SHEEP!!!212

;)

*this was sarcasm if you didnt realize*

Scoregasm
10/20/2007, 06:34 PM
Oh yeah, let's hire the dream team.
Callahan
Franchione
Weiss

The ISU game wasn't inspiring, but a win is a win.

The Preach Man
10/20/2007, 06:35 PM
there is a guy that has called the sports animal(in tulsa) a couple times this week bashing our d playcalling. He keeps crying and saying,"if we would just wreak havoc on the offense we would be much better. When asked how they should "wreak havoc" he said;" blitz more, like the other teams do".

These ppl drive me crazy for two reasons:

1. YOU CANT FIX A PROBLEM BY SIMPLY BLITZING!!!!!

2. Do want the win/loss record that the other coaches, that u wish we coached like, have??? I THINK NOT!

sanantoniosooner
10/20/2007, 06:38 PM
It's the thought that counts. :P
If anyone around here thought your thoughts counted you wouldn't be so red.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/20/2007, 06:40 PM
Oh yeah, let's hire the dream team.
Callahan
Franchione
Weiss

The ISU game wasn't inspiring, but a win is a win.
I would add offensive genius Houston Dale Nutt to that staff. He actually would be a great "get-back" coach on that dream staff.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/20/2007, 06:40 PM
I agree. I think we should get[hairGel] or maybe :les:

tulsaoilerfan
10/20/2007, 10:21 PM
I think firing your staff is a grand idea. I know of a very good staff staff that will be looking for work pretty soon.
:D :D Now which staff would that be veritas? ;)

Sooner_Bob
10/20/2007, 10:24 PM
I think this thread needs to go up for a booth review . . . Lord knows we've had plenty of them this season.

2k2 c5
10/20/2007, 10:31 PM

Ya know, I used to leave the sarcasm warning off my posts but they went over too many heads. Unfortunately, some folks just don't read the warning labels.

Sooner Stew
10/20/2007, 10:37 PM
I cant believe this thread...I don't get why ppl think they know more about the x's and o's than the ou staff does...thats crazy and if you don't like Venables and Wilson's gameplan then don't be a sooner fan..we really don't want you around anyways w/ that kind of attitude......these coaches are doin everything in their power to put the troops in position to win games which this year has shown is a tough thing to do consistently...I mean today they had to stack the box and make Meyer beat them and he didn't...they had no running game...yeah we gave up some plays but you have to go out there with the understanding that that will happen....the fact of the matter is the OU D is playing great together and making the plays when they need to...

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 10:38 PM
You guys are stupid !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ground_Attack
10/20/2007, 10:43 PM
I think this thread needs to go up for a booth review . . . Lord knows we've had plenty of them this season.

and haven't won a single one of them :cool:

soonersn2007
10/20/2007, 10:49 PM
If anyone around here thought your thoughts counted you wouldn't be so red.
And you think I care what a bunch of kool-aid drinkers think?

Curly Bill
10/20/2007, 11:17 PM
I cant believe this thread...I don't get why ppl think they know more about the x's and o's than the ou staff does...thats crazy and if you don't like Venables and Wilson's gameplan then don't be a sooner fan..we really don't want you around anyways w/ that kind of attitude......these coaches are doin everything in their power to put the troops in position to win games which this year has shown is a tough thing to do consistently...I mean today they had to stack the box and make Meyer beat them and he didn't...they had no running game...yeah we gave up some plays but you have to go out there with the understanding that that will happen....the fact of the matter is the OU D is playing great together and making the plays when they need to...

I'm OK with what you're saying here except the part about if you don't like Venable's and Wilson's game plan don't be a Sooner fan. I respectfully state that I believe you can sometimes disagree with the OC and DC and still be a good Sooner fan. We are still in America after all.

Sooner Stew
10/20/2007, 11:36 PM
All im saying is that ppl who come on here and bitch about the playcalling are idiots b/c its obvious that college football teams are more even than ever before and that its tough for these coordinators to have a perfect gameplan every week...yeah they might make a couple of calls a game that are questionable to us fans but thats how it goes...every play in OU's playbook is not going to work everytime and I think they have called good games this season...

On the other hand I do understand where all of these fans are coming from...I mean sometimes its seems like Wilson wont throw on first down or maybe run a draw on third and short...kinda seems predictable sometimes which po's a lot of ppl but again its a hit or miss situation obviously and It's gotta be one of the toughest jobs to have b/c pressure is always gonna fall on their back when things aren't perfect

I believe that the playcalling will progress as Bradford and the rest of the team progresses...they're getting better no doubt and you've gotta think that as the season goes on they will take more chances and maybe risk a few more things when they get a chance to

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2007, 11:47 PM
Every fan thinks they're an offensive coordinator. And every play they dream up in their heads goes for a first down. Any play that fails on the field would have been successful if only the OC had called the play they had in mind. Any loss is because the OC was too conservative or too unimaginative. "If only we had run those double-reverses..."

Curly Bill
10/20/2007, 11:49 PM
The OC and DC do have tough jobs - no doubt about it. Complaining when they don't do it perfect is just what some people do (I sometime add my two-cents worth). Comes with the job, especially at a high-profile school such as OU, they are very well compensated for it. Can it be frustrating on here, especially when some posters have less of a clue then some others, sure. I find it amusing...as I'm sure some do with the gibberish coming from me.

Sooner Stew
10/21/2007, 12:01 AM
i agree its pretty amusing also and i tend to whine and moan everyonce in awhile but not today my friends...OU did what they had to do today regardless of the gameplans

The Preach Man
10/21/2007, 08:52 AM
I cant believe this thread...

You obviously havnt read the whole thing. :rolleyes:

Sooner Stew
10/21/2007, 09:00 AM
yeah its my bad...I just read it and reacted I couldn't possibly sense the sarcasm but whatever

stoopified
10/21/2007, 09:15 AM
I think firing your staff is a grand idea. I know of a very good staff staff that will be looking for work pretty soon.Mike Gundy and co. ain't all that good. :D

StoopTroup
10/21/2007, 09:57 AM
And you think I care what a bunch of kool-aid drinkers think?
BTW....

There isn't a negspek Hall of Fame.