PDA

View Full Version : KU vs CU on ESPN? Why?

jkjsooner
10/20/2007, 04:57 PM
Someone please explain how or why the KU/CU game is on ESPN. I've never seen a Big 12 game (both teams Big 12) on ESPN. To my knowledge we have no contract with ESPN.

If we do have an ESPN contract, how do we get OU games on ESPN instead of the crappy Fox Sports Net?

Is it possible that ESPN picked this game up after all the contractual games were fillled (ABC and FSN)? It's sad that a network (FSN) with such terrible production values have second choice in Big 12 game.

Hey FSN, I have an idea for you. Why don't you show about 100 crowd shots of face painted freaks every game. It never gets old! Make sure you miss a play or two while showing the super freaks as well.

Sooner_Bob
10/20/2007, 05:00 PM
This isn't the first all Big 12 game on ESPN this season. There was at least another one a few weeks ago. I can't recall who played, but I'm 99% sure it happened.

soonerhubs
10/20/2007, 05:00 PM
That pretty much sums up FSN's program plan.

royalfan5
10/20/2007, 05:03 PM
This isn't the first all Big 12 game on ESPN this season. There was at least another one a few weeks ago. I can't recall who played, but I'm 99% sure it happened.
Nebraska and Missouri was the late game two weeks ago. I think they worked an option to ESPN to replace TBS as on option for the night game.

jkjsooner
10/20/2007, 05:08 PM
Nebraska and Missouri was the late game two weeks ago. I think they worked an option to ESPN to replace TBS as on option for the night game.

I wondered what happened to the TBS option. It's nice we now have some ESPN games. Even if we get their 4th or 5th crew the production values are still a thousand times better than FSN.

Hopefully, next time we're up for contract negotiations, we somehow give ESPN the pick after ABC. That would give ESPN much better games than many of their 12:00 (eastern) games they're playing now.

royalfan5
10/20/2007, 05:10 PM
I wondered what happened to the TBS option. It's nice we now have some ESPN games. Even if we get their 4th or 5th crew the production values are still a thousand times better than FSN.

Hopefully, next time we're up for contract negotiations, we somehow give ESPN the pick after ABC. That would give ESPN much better games than many of their 12:00 (eastern) games they're playing now.
I think TBS decided to drop all football and focus on baseball now that they got the playoffs and more games than just the Braves.

Soonerfan88
10/20/2007, 05:13 PM
Yes, TBS decided to go with baseball so sold their football games to ESPN and Versus.

mxATVracer10
10/20/2007, 05:16 PM
isn't ABC and ESPN one in the same? If so, dont they have first picks of Big XII games, then the option goes to FSN :confused:

royalfan5
10/20/2007, 05:19 PM
isn't ABC and ESPN one in the same? If so, dont they have first picks of Big XII games, then the option goes to FSN :confused:
They pick for the ABC games first, then it goes to FSN, and so on. They have to pick on channel before corporation.

rubyspirit
10/20/2007, 05:20 PM
Big 12 games are shown on ABC, FSN, and ESPN. What's the question again?

aurorasooner
10/20/2007, 05:38 PM
They pick for the ABC games first, then it goes to FSN, and so on. They have to pick on channel before corporation. I don't know who picks the ABC games for their network, but for having the 1st pick their track record seems to be the suk. Tech/aTm last week and Tech/Mizzou this week (Mizzou is running away with this one now). ABC may should defer their 1st pick and just let Fox choose 1st for the big 12 games the rest of the season and then they should jump all over the 2nd pick. I still can't believe Fox chose OU/ISU over KSU/OSU as the early game (glad they did).But they must have some kind of game-choosing mojo working for them. Listening to that one today with BBsr. only would've left me just a complete mess. -----not only that but Versus choosing the Baylor/Texas game directly competing with the OU/I-state game is kind of strange. I would've liked to watch that KSU/OSU game tonight, and Versus has bull-riding on. They probably only have one truck to cover college football though. Anyone know if either the KSU or OSU aggies steam their games?

jkjsooner
10/20/2007, 06:10 PM
Big 12 games are shown on ABC, FSN, and ESPN. What's the question again?

I'm not sure if you're trying to be an ***. This is the first year the Big 12 has been on ESPN so it's not exactly a dumb question. I didn't catch the other Big 12 games on ESPN earlier in the year.

soonersn2007
10/20/2007, 06:31 PM
This is turning out to be a fun game to watch.

KU just scored and ahead at 10-7 with 8:20 3rd

AllAboutThe'O'
10/20/2007, 06:36 PM
Yes, TBS decided to go with baseball so sold their football games to ESPN and Versus.
At least we were spared the countless "Frank TV" promos if TBS still had college football.

Sooner02
10/20/2007, 07:25 PM
This year ESPN picked up a contract to play Big12 games. FSN still has contracts to play Big12 and Pac10 games as normal. The Big12 and Pac10 games that used to be on TBS have been picked up by Versus. Overall it's a good thing since ESPN now gives Big12 coverage.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/20/2007, 07:28 PM
This year ESPN picked up a contract to play Big12 games. FSN still has contracts to play Big12 and Pac10 games as normal. The Big12 and Pac10 games that used to be on TBS have been picked up by Versus. Overall it's a good thing since ESPN now gives Big12 coverage.
Also, the Versus games are replayed on the channel on Mondays, so I was able to tape the Stanford-USC game two weeks ago and the Oregon State-Cal game last week. Yeah, I don't really miss the TBS college football coverage.