PDA

View Full Version : Updated Itinerary for A&M!!!

Brian Britt
10/20/2007, 04:42 PM
Hi everyone!

Welcome to Saturday, tied for my top seven most favorite days of the week! The Pride really helped the team pull out a tough road win against a worthy opponent! Thankfully Iowa State kept themselves in the game so we didn't get too overconfident; that would truly be unfortunate. Everyone's first chair!

As you all know, the excitin' Fightin' Texas Aggie Band is making the trip to Norman in two weeks.

We'll be preparing our OWN electrifying show, and I'm proud to say that we'll be performing Avril Lavigne's smash hit "Girlfriend" during halftime. Get pumped up for Canadian excellence while we play the #1 song written on the hearts of every Oklahoman! Hopefully our fans will be respectful to Texas A&M and not cheer too loudly when they're on offense. Otherwise, the Pride won't be heard!

But sure to cheer LOUD for BOTH bands at halftime! We wouldn't want one to feel less supported than the other! Gig 'em Sooners!

BOOMER SOONER!

Brian A. Britt
[email protected]
Grand Wizard of the Pride of Oklahoma

PrideTuba
10/20/2007, 04:45 PM
What an awful show, why would you play avril lavigne? Brian is probably a closet fan, I think I might puke during half time.

SicEmBaylor
10/20/2007, 04:48 PM
heh.

LittleRedTuba
10/20/2007, 04:51 PM
Girl.......friend.........At least they're changing their show I guess...I don't want to hear "Satisfaction" again. This is really doing a lot to improve on the Pride's diminishing reputation! *snaps own neck*
Tenure for Brian! :cry:

Rogue
10/20/2007, 04:51 PM
I realize it's a tongue-in-cheek thing. The PRIDE must really be doing poorly lately. I haven't been to a game in a couple years so I wouldn't know.

Either that, or there are some serious band nerds on here. NTTAWWT.
I guess it could be both!

JordlePrideTuba
10/20/2007, 04:54 PM
I'm pretty embarrassed to have "Pride" in my username. Maybe I can change it to "HahaThePrideIsAwful." :(

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/20/2007, 04:56 PM
Are you going to play "Did You Think That I Was Gonna Give It Up to You" too?

badger
10/20/2007, 05:31 PM
FWIW, the song was stolen from a stolen song (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osnrFD-gbm0&mode=related&search=Rubinoos%20Avril%20Lavigne%20Rolling%20Ston es).

OzarkSooner
10/20/2007, 05:41 PM
Wow, that video ends with a picture of Avril flipping everyone off. Must've been a tough choice for her. Flip everyone off or raise her shirt and flash her bra. :rolleyes:

SleestakSooner
10/20/2007, 05:46 PM
...Canadian excellence.

Oxy-... what's the word?

SleestakSooner
10/20/2007, 05:48 PM
Oh yeah -moron... the word was Oxymoron!

Dio
10/20/2007, 08:36 PM
Yes, but what does Jeff Jahnke think?

Petro-Sooner
10/20/2007, 09:46 PM
That Avril chick has had it rough. I wouldnt mess with her. The streets yo.

MelloYello
10/21/2007, 11:53 PM
The Pride is terrible this year. Why the heck do they think "Girlfriend" will entertain people? I don't get it.

tommieharris91
10/22/2007, 01:41 AM
WAVE THE WHEAT AFTER EVERY TOUCHDOWN AND GO GATORS!!!

T Boone should pay Britt to play aggy's fight song after every TD.

Okla-homey
10/22/2007, 05:33 AM
Dear Brian,

More Sousa! And action movie themes. Everything else is rubbish.

Love (but not the way you think, merely in a platonic kinda way),

Me

Widescreen
10/22/2007, 08:35 AM
The Pride needs MORE COWBELL!

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/6980/morecowbell5rihx8.gif

OklahomaTuba
10/22/2007, 08:43 AM
We should just go ahead and have a funeral to celebrate the late great Pride. It's all but a memory at this point.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/22/2007, 09:49 AM
Hey Brian, When will the pride play a Tattoo? I hear they are pretty big in the Queen's realm...

Whet
10/22/2007, 09:57 AM
I would have been nice had the Pride had turned to the OU crowd behind them and played Boomer Sooner a couple of times during Saturday's game in Jack Trice Stadium!

OUstud
10/22/2007, 11:44 AM
WAVE THE WHEAT AFTER EVERY TOUCHDOWN AND GO GATORS!!!

T Boone should pay Britt to play aggy's fight song after every TD.

That really ****ed me off during the Mizzou game. Seemed like on every big play they'd start the waving wheat thing, and got the whole student section to join them. We are not Aggies! :mad:

TheHumanAlphabet
10/22/2007, 12:18 PM
Dear Brian,

Please play more SEC style moronic chordic themes. We want to lose all purely Sooner traditions. Also, please no more anti-cheering for the opposition and please play the opposing fight song after every enemy, err, friendly visitor score as a matter of sportsmanship. Thxkplz THA

GottaHavePride
10/22/2007, 07:36 PM
I would have been nice had the Pride had turned to the OU crowd behind them and played Boomer Sooner a couple of times during Saturday's game in Jack Trice Stadium!

Man, we used to do that all the freakin' time, even at home.

yermom
10/22/2007, 10:13 PM
um, they did that quite a few times...

PrideTuba
10/23/2007, 09:05 PM
That really ****ed me off during the Mizzou game. Seemed like on every big play they'd start the waving wheat thing, and got the whole student section to join them. We are not Aggies! :mad:

It made me sick when I saw how many people were waving the wheat at that game. Everytime the pride does that, me and a bunch of people start yelling, "only cowboys wave the wheat." Too bad the morons doing it never quite understand what that means.