PDA

View Full Version : GOOD WIN

aero
10/20/2007, 03:15 PM
WHEW! That was hard to watch but thank goodness we pulled out the win. There are alot of other teams who would have taken that win. That was a dangerous game for us. Yes, ISU sucks but we are going to get everybody's best shot. And after getting demoralized last week, one had to figure they were looking for some respect. Obviously we didn't have a good game. Sam was off just enough and the receivers seemed a little off, too. Props to the O line in the 3rd and 4th quarters. And DJ keeps coming up big. Another good game by Lofton. Looked like we were missing Reynolds. Good game to suck it up and win when you're not playing well. Take the win anyway it comes. Good job, Sooners.

BoomerGirl34
10/20/2007, 03:18 PM
Agreed Aero.

Ugly, sloppy, careless.

But NOT an upset.

Re-group for BYE week and come out focused and ready.

rubyspirit
10/20/2007, 03:21 PM
Go Sooners!!

StoopTroup
10/20/2007, 03:22 PM
I think a week off to heal up and review is really going to helps us from here.

OUHOMER
10/20/2007, 03:23 PM
I think a week off to heal up and review is really going to helps us from here.

I hope so, every game now scares me. We have more trouble with the so called give me games than the others.

I guess no such thing

MojoRisen
10/20/2007, 03:24 PM
I hope so- Defense played great! We were flat though and I can't understand how that happens with a Bob Stoops coached team. We went in there in the first half thinking we were going to walk all over ISU...

We let them get fired up- I hope it doesn't happen again and I guess we just though we were going to blow those guys out.

I doubt we come out flat against TT - I hope not anyway.

Curly Bill
10/20/2007, 03:35 PM
Win...yes

Good win...Not unless you consider every win a good win. My thinking is that when you're OU beating a poor ISU team 17-7 is not a good win.

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2007, 03:55 PM
A good win is like a good landing. If you can walk away from it...

aero
10/20/2007, 04:04 PM
Win...yes

Good win...Not unless you consider every win a good win. My thinking is that when you're OU beating a poor ISU team 17-7 is not a good win.

uh, yes. I consider ANY win a good win. Considering we easily could have lost. Considering the D took care of business. Considering we had 3 turnovers. And we gutted it out and still won. Yes, I'll call that a good win. ISU certainly didn't hand us the game. It's sad that some people think a win like that over a team like that is just above a loss. If this year has proved anything, its that anybody can beat anybody on any given day. Good win, Sooners.

Curly Bill
10/20/2007, 04:18 PM
uh, yes. I consider ANY win a good win. Considering we easily could have lost. Considering the D took care of business. Considering we had 3 turnovers. And we gutted it out and still won. Yes, I'll call that a good win. ISU certainly didn't hand us the game. It's sad that some people think a win like that over a team like that is just above a loss. If this year has proved anything, its that anybody can beat anybody on any given day. Good win, Sooners.

Thanks for making my point: we easily could have lost..to a poor ISU team. We put ourselves in a position where this game could have easily gone the other way. For example what if when DJ tips the ball to himself in the EZ for the pic, what if instead it goes to an ISU player?

Nope, you're playing a crappy team like ISU being up by only 7 late in the 4th quarter is not good. Sorry for my high standards.

SoonerBOI
10/20/2007, 04:22 PM
I think Chizik wanted to prove a point. Did we shut them out in the second half? Failed to watch the game. I'll take the win though. Booomer!

Jeronimo
10/20/2007, 04:27 PM
being that college football has taken the turn it has this season with the unbelievable amount of upsets that continue this week with #6 falling and who knows else, ANY win is a good win. I dont know what the hell is going on, but there is some kind of rank mojo spreading throughout college football. We looked like something other than a football team since colorado. The big 12 sucks. all the way throughout. bottom line. there is no game anyone can throw out there to prove me wrong. this conference sucks. every damn team in it.

aero
10/20/2007, 04:28 PM
Thanks for making my point: we easily could have lost..to a poor ISU team. We put ourselves in a position where this game could have easily gone the other way. For example what if when DJ tips the ball to himself in the EZ for the pic, what if instead it goes to an ISU player?

Nope, you're playing a crappy team like ISU being up by only 7 late in the 4th quarter is not good. Sorry for my high standards.
Take your high standards and go root for South Carolina. We gutted it out and did what was needed to get out of there with a win. The D performed and on a day when they were obviously not clicking, the O sucked it up in the 2nd half and scored. And yes, theres something to gain from a game like this that could come in handy later in the season. Let me guess, you became an OU fan after OUr game with Tulsa and now you're having 2nd thoughts. :rolleyes:

soonersn2007
10/20/2007, 04:30 PM
I hope so- Defense played great! We were flat though and I can't understand how that happens with a Bob Stoops coached team.
This team has played emotionaly flat in games since Mike Stoops has left.

Jeronimo
10/20/2007, 04:33 PM
a win is a win is a win. and I'll damn sure take any win. but God bless it all. we have no business being top 5. then again, the reason we are top 5 is everyone else sucks too.

SleestakSooner
10/20/2007, 04:35 PM
We looked like something other than a football team since colorado. The big 12 sucks. all the way throughout. bottom line. there is no game anyone can throw out there to prove me wrong. this conference sucks. every damn team in it.

Who would this "we" be? By "sucks" you mean is truly great?:pop:

Curly Bill
10/20/2007, 04:40 PM
Take your high standards and go root for South Carolina. We gutted it out and did what was needed to get out of there with a win. The D performed and on a day when they were obviously not clicking, the O sucked it up in the 2nd half and scored. And yes, theres something to gain from a game like this that could come in handy later in the season. Let me guess, you became an OU fan after OUr game with Tulsa and now you're having 2nd thoughts. :rolleyes:

So...you don't have high standards???

Go root for South Carolina...what does that have to do with anything???

I've been an OU fan for oh...about 31 years now, but nice try at a put-down.
;)

Lastly, if you're happy with a 10 point win over a bad ISU team..well then, I'm happy for ya. ;) ;) ;)

Jeronimo
10/20/2007, 04:41 PM
ah one of those, "you dont play for the team" fans. thats cool. by "we" i mean Oklahoma. I claim OU's team as a fan. I'm with them. I root for them. WE. OKLAHOMA. spare me the routine. its as old as your great great grandfather.

BoomerGirl34
10/20/2007, 04:42 PM
:pop:

Miko
10/20/2007, 04:45 PM
I expected more and was frustrated with the O. But as has been pointed out repeatedly, I think any win by a top 10 team this year has to be considered a good one.

Jeronimo
10/20/2007, 04:46 PM
i agree 100% Miko.

Soonerus
10/20/2007, 04:49 PM
Whew !!!! was my sentiment exactly as that game ended...

aero
10/20/2007, 04:58 PM
So...you don't have high standards???

Go root for South Carolina...what does that have to do with anything???

I've been an OU fan for oh...about 31 years now, but nice try at a put-down.
;)

Lastly, if you're happy with a 10 point win over a bad ISU team..well then, I'm happy for ya. ;) ;) ;)
My standards are obviously high as I am an Oklahoman and a lifelong Oklahoma Sooner fan. So I don't need anybody questioning my standards. Something else I have is common sense. You bet I'm happy with the win today. Like my parents told me and I tell my kids, there will be days like that. 31 years? Is that your age? Try Jack Mildren. Seen a lot of high standards since. Good win, Sooners.

Sooner_Bob
10/20/2007, 05:03 PM
Some of you people are never happy.

Curly Bill
10/20/2007, 05:08 PM
My standards are obviously high as I am an Oklahoman and a lifelong Oklahoma Sooner fan. So I don't need anybody questioning my standards. Something else I have is common sense. You bet I'm happy with the win today. Like my parents told me and I tell my kids, there will be days like that. 31 years? Is that your age? Try Jack Mildren. Seen a lot of high standards since. Good win, Sooners.

I just gave you a compliment on another thread...you made me laugh. :D

I am older then 31, I figured it took me a few years to pick up on the FB thing, and to realize OU FB was where it was at.

I have considerable common sense too, I also coach the game and have done so for a good while now, so I like to think I understand it quite well, and I'll bet you that no one in that Sooner lockeroom was real pleased with this win. They might not say it on TV, but inside they are not happy beating ISU by 10.

aero
10/20/2007, 05:08 PM
Some of you people are never happy.
Agree. It's almost comical.

Blue
10/20/2007, 06:41 PM
Ruprit said the win was so good he **** his pants.

http://www.quirkynomads.com/images/9xophe.jpg

OKLAHOMA! OKLAHOMA! OKLAHOMA!

and Ruprit says the sec plays no D. Overated he says.

and he's Sooner "BORN" Sooner bred, Curly Bill

aero
10/20/2007, 07:20 PM
I just gave you a compliment on another thread...you made me laugh. :D

I am older then 31, I figured it took me a few years to pick up on the FB thing, and to realize OU FB was where it was at.

I have considerable common sense too, I also coach the game and have done so for a good while now, so I like to think I understand it quite well, and I'll bet you that no one in that Sooner lockeroom was real pleased with this win. They might not say it on TV, but inside they are not happy beating ISU by 10.
CB, you seem to miss the entire gist of my post. Yes, it was an ugly win but we dug down and did what we had to do to pull out the win. A championship team can win many ways and today we did just that. We didn't have Sam pinpointing passes, we didn't have the receivers making circus catches, and while the run game bailed us out, there weren't any spectacular long distance runs you'll see on espn. ISU did no hand us the win. We earned it. No, the team had to overcome a determined opponent and somewhat itself and it found the resolve to do so. I'm pretty sure the team knows that as well as the coaches and they will continue to work on things. That doesn't mean we suck or we need to make personnel or coaching changes. How many teams today would have been elated to have come away with that win? Yes, that was a good win. I didn't say we played great. Big difference.

Curly Bill
10/20/2007, 09:32 PM
Agreed a championship team can win many ways, and in years where teams win championships they usually have a game or two like this, or like CU.

ISU did play their butts off. They were pumped up to beat a top 5 team on homecoming, and on TV. So, we did in fact earn it, it was for sure a hard fought and hard earned win.

I never said, nor intended to imply in any way that we suck, or need to make personnel changes. I like our players, and like OUr coaches, though I reserve the right to disagree with some of the things they do...;)

I too am elated we came away with a win, it beats losing by a mile.

But...I still can't say beating ISU by 10 and not until late was a good win. It was a win and I'll take it for that.

All this being said: I've enjoyed our back-and-forth on this. Maybe we can do it again sometime. :)