PDA

View Full Version : Should We Open The QB Position Competition

soonersn2007
10/20/2007, 02:53 PM
I'm just saying, Bradford has struggled in Colorado and now ISU.........Nichol and Hazle weren't that far off in the pre-season grading. We have rotating running backs.......maybe turn the heat up in the QB dept?

EnidHighSooner
10/20/2007, 02:54 PM
No

OKLA21FAN
10/20/2007, 02:54 PM
i see much neg in your future

just sayin

Newbomb Turk
10/20/2007, 02:55 PM
you just love the negspek don't you?

tommieharris91
10/20/2007, 02:57 PM
In Before Lock

soonersn2007
10/20/2007, 02:58 PM
Come on guys, put the kool-aid down for a sec and think about maybe using Keith Nichol in a Tebow type way or something.

bonkuba
10/20/2007, 02:58 PM
Honestly......Sam is man.

BoomerGirl34
10/20/2007, 02:59 PM
I'm just saying, Bradford has struggled in Colorado and now ISU.........Nichol and Hazle weren't that far off in the pre-season grading. We have rotating running backs.......maybe turn the heat up in the QB dept?

http://newmedia.funnyjunk.com/pictures/0363.jpg

How in the hell do you post in that position? :D :D :D

StoopTroup
10/20/2007, 03:01 PM
Sure...

I'd be a great idea to take snaps from your starting QB in mid-season. ;)

He went 16-28 and one int that wasn't his fault....

Come on...get serious.

soonersn2007
Is blind loyal support the only way to please the Horde on this board? That's how OSU fans are....... OU fans are suppose to be objective, ask questions, call a pig a pig.

OUinFLA
are you Mrs Nichol ?
or Mrs Hazle ?

Newbomb Turk
Stoops has shown he's not a 2 qb guy.

Youngsooner
eh... Bradford is impressive for me... I don't think the other two would have nearly the success bradford has had

BoomerGirl34
10/20/2007, 03:02 PM
Is blind loyal support the only way to please the Horde on this board? That's how OSU fans are....... OU fans are suppose to be objective, ask questions, call a pig a pig.

Or a flamebaiting troll a flamebaiting troll....:D

toneful
10/20/2007, 03:02 PM
no. there may be something to his playing on the road, though, which doesn't bode well with all the meth heads he will be playing in front of in lubbock.

Newbomb Turk
10/20/2007, 03:03 PM
and as much as I think Nichol has some great potential, he ain't Tim Tebow. If he were he'd be starting.

OUHOMER
10/20/2007, 03:03 PM
07, you think we should fire stoops next?

Hotel Bravo
10/20/2007, 03:04 PM
I honestly believe that wind played a factor on the deep ball throws. Bradford maybe was a little off this week, but my opinion is that we should stick with him.

soonersn2007
10/20/2007, 03:05 PM
So yall don't think it would been a good idea to have Nichol running a option or QB draw a few times this year in games that were in hand?

Newbomb Turk
10/20/2007, 03:05 PM
I honestly believe that wind played a factor on the deep ball throws.

no doubt it did.

MojoRisen
10/20/2007, 03:06 PM
I put the blame squarely on Wilson and Stoops today- yes it was windy but we did not put Sam in a position to pass well because we ran the ball up the middle 25 times in a row.

If he calls another game like this- we will get beat to hell by several teams on our schedule.

FirstandGoal
10/20/2007, 03:06 PM
The fact that we even have such a thread as this on our boards right now is embarrassing.

OUHOMER
10/20/2007, 03:07 PM
So yall don't think it would been a good idea to have Nichol running a option or QB draw a few times this year in games that were in hand?

yes, it would be IF THE GAME IS IN HAND. THIS ONE WAS NOT

soonersn2007
10/20/2007, 03:08 PM
I love everything Bradford has done for OU, but if it doesn't happen in a three drop step locked on receiver.............he has the footwork of Drew Bledsoe. His pocket presence and throwing the ball out of bounds is horrid......to me those are not Freshman mistakes. Those skills are either there or not by the time you reach the college level.

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2007, 03:09 PM
We all have sub-par days. Every QB has. If QBs feel that they are one bad day from losing playing time, they will become so jittery they will never perform adequately. Have some faith and confidence in your players.

OU won. I'll take it.

PLaw

Are you ignorant or just plain stupid?? Sam is leading the country in passing effiency and you propose to replace him? As you become a more astute football fan, you will realize that there is a whole lot more to it than an off day by the QB, which really wasn't that bad in comparison to others.

The CU debacle could have been put on any number of causes making it a total team screw up. Sam made enough plays today to win the game and he didn't do anything to cause us to lose it.

To show you aren't completely brainless, I'd like to hear three points on why Stoops should consider your pathetic suggestion??

Thank You,

BOOOMER
PLaw

Newbomb Turk
give it up, you are never going to catch lid on the negspek list.

starclassic tama
10/20/2007, 03:10 PM
yeah thread starter is pretty retarded

Flagstaffsooner
10/20/2007, 03:11 PM
I honestly believe that wind played a factor on the deep ball throws. And that field. They havent mowed that since June. Looked like Yoko Ono's snatch.

1890MilesToNorman
10/20/2007, 03:12 PM
No, you want your starter to experience the bad games in order to make him better down the road. Why would anyone call for changing the QB on a 7-1 team. Ridiculous.

BoomerGirl34
10/20/2007, 03:12 PM
And that field. They havent mowed that since June. Looked like Yoko Ono's snatch.

I don't want to know HOW you know this.... ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D

Widescreen
10/20/2007, 03:13 PM
How is having Nichol running an option play "opening the QB competition"? Come on. Bradford is fine.

OUinFLA
And that field. They havent mowed that since June. Looked like Yoko Ono's snatch.

pic?
plzthx

soonersn2007
Is Sam Bradford that much better than Nichol or Hazle? I thought they were graded nearly even leading up to the season.

So it really boils down to which coaching mantra you use, you either stick with your guy to the dying end...........or you put in his backup a few series, hoping it might settle him down.

Flagstaffsooner
10/20/2007, 03:15 PM
I don't want to know HOW you know this.... ;) ;) ;) :D :D :DOlevet has pics.;)

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2007, 03:16 PM
Being substituted settles you down?

Widescreen
Is Sam Bradford that much better than Nichol or Hazle? I thought they were graded nearly even leading up to the season.

So it really boils down to which coaching mantra you use, you either stick with your guy to the dying end...........or you put in his backup a few series, hoping it might settle him down.
I'm thinking this particular message board may not be meeting your unique needs. You should probably open up your message board choice to competition.

Cam
If you've watched OU more than one year, you'd know which strategy Stoops and the coaching staff are going to take.

olevetonahill
I love everything Bradford has done for OU, but if it doesn't happen in a three drop step locked on receiver.............he has the footwork of Drew Bledsoe. His pocket presence and throwing the ball out of bounds is horrid......to me those are not Freshman mistakes. Those skills are either there or not by the time you reach the college level.
Do you get paid fer stupid ?

Cam
10/20/2007, 03:18 PM
Looked like they dumped a couple inches of water on it as well. Anything to get an edge.

Howzit
10/20/2007, 03:19 PM
pic?
plzthx
http://www.iastate.edu/Inside/2006/0810/img/fbmedia.jpg

Wishboned
10/20/2007, 03:19 PM
Sam Bradford did not put us in a position to lose today.

The interception was not his fault. He made a few clutch 3rd down conversions.

He was settled down. At no point did he rush a pass, or even make a bad throwing decision. I don't recall him throwing into heavy coverage at all.

This game was a learning experience for him. To suggest pulling a freshman quarterback, who has displayed great skill and leadership all season long, and take the chance of damaging his confidence is assinine and crosses the border into idiocy.

Curly Bill
10/20/2007, 03:20 PM
Sam did not play up to the standards he has previously established today. His fault, the winds fault, Stoops and Wilson's fault. IDK That being said: I'm quite happy with him as OUr QB.

Besides that I bet Stoops would say the QB competition is an ongoing thing. Whoever gives us the best chance of winning will be the QB.

BoomerGirl34
http://www.iastate.edu/Inside/2006/0810/img/fbmedia.jpg

That must be the lab slide of Yoko's crabs, magnified x1000.

olevetonahill
Olevet has pics.;)
Yea, thanks fer sending em to me :mad:

evergreen1310
10/20/2007, 03:22 PM
WE NEED TO STOP FUMBLING THE BALL. It's not the QB. turnovers kill you and it's killing us this year. that interception he threw hit Gresham right in his chest. Bradford IS the answer and you must be sniffing paint fumes daily if you think we should open the QB position up.

colleyvillesooner
you have got to be ****ing kidding me...

jawilso
That is the most redonkulous thing I have heard in a while.

man00
Well at least OU can forget about the chance to play for NC and try and win the Big 12.

SoonerDood
10/20/2007, 03:23 PM
No. Next.

Howzit
10/20/2007, 03:24 PM
That must be the lab slide of Yoko's crabs, magnified x1000.

Yes. You can see how it's kind of slanted.

Kind of.

aurorasooner
10/20/2007, 03:25 PM
Should We Open The QB Position Competition Ah. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.NO. NO. NO.---------------------We need to get the inside running game going!!!!!!!!!! So if/when the weather gets sh*&^y or if Sam has an off game, or our receivers continue with the brick-hands bobbles for interceptions, then we can get 1st downs without having to resort to 3rd and 3s. Even our coaches don't have faith in making 3rd/3s and 3rd/2s in critical situations with our inside running game. And I don't blame them. Those 3 long TD passed we missed were damn close to being complete and weren't even close to being a Paul Thompson type long ball miss. However, it's strange that we can't seem to get any of our wide receivers wide freakin' either deep or crossing underneath (did we throw any crossing routes underneath today?) open by play design so the guys don't have to go up and make a great catches with defenders hanging all over them.
On a side note, I hate this reading defense type audible play calls from the sidelines, because I don't think the QB skills of reading the defenses will improve as the year goes on. I'm beginning to wonder if Sam's actually improving in the area of progressing thru his reads or if he's just relying on the audible call from Heupel being on the money. (you can't really tell on TV who's open and if a QB misses a read).

BoomerGirl34
10/20/2007, 03:26 PM
Yes. You can see how it's kind of slanted.

Kind of.

They look pretty nasty. All armored up and all. :D

badger
10/20/2007, 03:26 PM
Come on, guys, it's a fair question.

However, the answer, like many have said, is NO. Bradford has had many promising games and moments, which is phenomenal for a first-year started, especially a redshirt freshman first-year starter.

If he threw the game away today or at Colorado, then perhaps the competition would open up more. However, since neither the Colorado game or the struggles at ISU were his fault, he won't lose his job that easily.

OU can pride itself on the fact that the best players play, and I think the best quarterback we have is.

Howzit
10/20/2007, 03:27 PM
They look pretty nasty. All armored up and all. :D
I think that's how they are becoming more resistant to anti-biotics.

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2007, 03:27 PM
I didn't think OU has much chance anyway, but I don't think this game affects OU's chances of playing for a national title. A win is a win. No one saw the game, so they look at the game as a 10-point win over a team that should have been blown out. If OU had to kick a field goal to win, maybe that would have mattered.

Choctaw
10/20/2007, 03:32 PM
No.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/20/2007, 03:32 PM
Is blind loyal support the only way to please the Horde on this board? That's how OSU fans are....... OU fans are suppose to be objective, ask questions, call a pig a pig.Hey pig.

BoomerGirl34
10/20/2007, 03:33 PM
I think that's how they are becoming more resistant to anti-biotics.

Superbugs.:eek:

SoonerBorn68
10/20/2007, 03:33 PM

No, and shut the hell up.

Your mojo is funkin' up the board.

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2007, 03:34 PM
On opponents' boards, look for them to remark that SoonerFans has a thread going where OU fans are debating whether Sam should be replaced, even though OU won and even though almost everyone in here finds the idea ludicrous.

"Did you see that thread on SoonerFans? The Gooners are trying to throw their QB under the bus, even though they won!"

"That's typical of Gooner fans. They turn on you as soon as the competition gets heavy. Why would anyone want to play for them?"

"Yeah, if I was Sam I would quit the team. Ungrateful bastards."

"They're 7-1 and crying that they didn't blow out ISU, and that their QB is to blame."

badger
10/20/2007, 03:35 PM
On opponents' boards, look for them to remark that SoonerFans has a thread going where OU fans are debating whether Sam should be replaced, even though OU won and even though almost everyone in here finds the idea ludicrous.

"Did you see that thread on SoonerFans? The Gooners are trying to throw their QB under the bus, even though they won!"

"That's typical of Gooner fans. They turn on you as soon as the competition gets heavy. Why would anyone want to play for them?"

"Yeah, if I was Sam I would quit the team. Ungrateful bastards."

"They're 7-1 and crying that they didn't blow out ISU, and that their QB is to blame."
aggie logic makes my brain hurt;)

85sooners
10/20/2007, 03:36 PM
So yall don't think it would been a good idea to have Nichol running a option or QB draw a few times this year in games that were in hand? YOUR STUPID

Flagstaffsooner
10/20/2007, 03:38 PM
aggie logic makes my anus hurt;)
fixed

David Earl
10/20/2007, 03:38 PM
Maybe I shouldn't do this, but I'm killing this thread. Some of you people really need to check yourself into a substance abuse clinic or something.