PDA

View Full Version : Corso logic re: NU situation

King Crimson
10/20/2007, 10:04 AM
he says: same thing happened at Oklahoma, fired 3 coaches after Barry Switzer.....blah blah blah...got the right guy in Bobby Stoops.

and then advocates they hire Turner Gill. did he not miss the John Blake "back to the OU family" part of his equation.

?

Nebraska needs to hire the best coach they can get, not some nostalgia hire that gives Husker nation the warm 1995 Dr. Tom fuzzies.

85sooners
10/20/2007, 10:07 AM
corso is queer!!!

BillyBall
10/20/2007, 10:29 AM
What are your opinions on the magnitude of this game for both coaches? Is it already too late for either of them to save their jobs? I would think that if Nebraska gets blown out again in Lincoln, the entire state may implode.

47straight
10/20/2007, 10:40 AM
Turner Gill is a lot more experienced at this point than Blake was. Isn't he head coach at Beefalo?

Stitch Face
10/20/2007, 10:41 AM
Calling someone "Dr." because they have a doctorate is ghey. I'll bet that 96% of Nebraskans that call him that don't know what his doctorate is in.

There. I said it.

SoonerStormchaser
10/20/2007, 10:42 AM
I say that Nebbish wins today...and that seals Fran's doom.
Then Nebbish goes out and loses their next few...and that seals Callenberger's doom.

OKC-SLC
10/20/2007, 11:05 AM
Calling someone "Dr." because they have a doctorate is ghey. I'll bet that 96% of Nebraskans that call him that don't know what his doctorate is in.

There. I said it.
heh.

Widescreen
10/20/2007, 11:11 AM

There. I said it.
Is it a real doctorate or honorary? If it's honorary, Wow!

Widescreen
10/20/2007, 11:13 AM
I say that Nebbish wins today...and that seals Fran's doom.
Then Nebbish goes out and loses their next few...and that seals Callenberger's doom.
Both of their fates are already sealed IMO. Pederson's firing was the end of Callahan. When the AD won't fire the coach, you bring in an AD who will.

Fran's fate was sealed when both the fan base turned on him and his little "private" newsletter was revealed.

King Crimson
10/20/2007, 11:16 AM
Callahan is in an absurd situation, not that i feel bad for the clown.

any chance Fran had ended in Lubbock last week with 7 points against Tech's D.

the newsletter is a dream come true for Ag AD Bill Byrne.

badger
10/20/2007, 11:31 AM
LOL at Nebraska :D
Aside from HskrGrl, are there really any polite Husker fans when the cameras and media aren't around? Especially toward Sooners?

To honor this fact of life that ESPN and others can't seem to grasp (other than "it's easy to be polite when you're crushing all your opponents," here is a picture I screen captured from their site. Tee hee.
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/8016/hskrtv0.jpg

Cam
10/20/2007, 11:37 AM
Both of their fates are already sealed IMO. Pederson's firing was the end of Callahan. When the AD won't fire the coach, you bring in an AD who will.

Fran's fate was sealed when both the fan base turned on him and his little "private" newsletter was revealed.
My thoughts as well.

aurorasooner
10/20/2007, 11:40 AM
Callahan is in an absurd situation, not that i feel bad for the clown.
any chance Fran had ended in Lubbock last week with 7 points against Tech's D.
the newsletter is a dream come true for Ag AD Bill Byrne. I agree Clownahan is just an absolute ridiculous situation right now. Every fan and administrator probably hopes that aTm just beats the living s*&t out of them today so they can avoid a Nebraska comeback with them going something like 7-5 or 8-4 and a repeat of the Solich fiasco. I don't see them breaking anything but even for the year, but this is a strange year. On the other side of the coin, Aggie fans think aTm is a top tier CFB school, but that's a crock, and like that article in the Omaha paper said, since the top-tier coaching pool is limited, if middle-of-the-road schools start withholding contract buyouts from coaches and it gets to be a big stink with negative publicity, then top-tier coaches may not want to give you a look. If aTm happens to beat Nebraska today and then beats Kansas in Kyle, then the aTm game in Norman automatically becomes a big game (if we don't pull a Boulder today). If Missouri beats Tech, and KSU beats Stool State then that aTm/OU game really becomes huge for the Big 12 south.

bluedogok
10/20/2007, 11:53 AM
Well....Gill would the in the same pattern as OU. He is probably better prepared than Blake at this point in his coaching career.

BoomerGirl34
10/20/2007, 11:54 AM
he says: same thing happened at Oklahoma, fired 3 coaches after Barry Switzer.....blah blah blah...got the right guy in Bobby Stoops.

and then advocates they hire Turner Gill. did he not miss the John Blake "back to the OU family" part of his equation.

?

Nebraska needs to hire the best coach they can get, not some nostalgia hire that gives Husker nation the warm 1995 Dr. Tom fuzzies.

Isn't "Corso Logic" one of those oxymorons like "jumbo shrimp", "closet exhibitionist" and "Postal service?"

Hmm.

badger
10/20/2007, 12:48 PM
Now that I'm irritated at everything in Ames, Iowa right now, let's make fun of Nebbish, shall we :D:D:D

1- Nebraska has not beaten us since 2001.
2- Nebraska has not won the conference since... 1999? 1998? Somewhere in there.
3- A Nebraska player hasn't contended for the Heisman since 2001.
4- A Nebraska coach hasn't had a secure job since 2001.

Dammit, ANOTHER turnover in Oklahoma territory? I need a drink. I need a dozen :mad:

royalfan5
10/20/2007, 12:51 PM
Is it a real doctorate or honorary? If it's honorary, Wow!
Osborne has a doctorate in educational psychology from the University of Nebraska that he while a Grad Assistant in the Mid-1960's.