PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me.....or

pott_2
10/19/2007, 11:58 PM
Is the NCAA out to get us.... more petty infractions headed our way.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3071105

insuranceman_22
10/20/2007, 12:33 AM
dammit - a barber gave a ticket...come on, this is crap.

Crucifax Autumn
10/20/2007, 12:35 AM
Seems like we'd have learned not to self-report this kinda bs listed at the end. I KNOW it's the right and sportsmanlike thing to do, but it's not like that helps us any. We should stonewall and act like peniswrinkles until it's too late for them to do anything as far as I can tell.

goingoneight
10/20/2007, 12:43 AM
These are all pretty normal stuff. Your committee is supposed to be nit-picky like this. Sounds to me like ESPN had nothing better to do than to brown-nose the NCAA spokesperson handling our case. There is stuff like this all the time at other programs, like the deal with Ian Johnson receiving wedding gifts. He's still an NCAA athlete, so he had to return what was given, and publicly request that nothing else be sent to him and Chrissy (cheerleader chick).

At the risk of sounding like a homer, I think this is no big deal, as it has been reported. Knowing OUr luck, anything can happen, but I'm almost certain kids in all sports get little gifts every now and then that stem from someone other than ma and pa. Also this reminds me of the 2006 pre-season, Mike Gundy and Co had to report that they took a bunch of players to a movie after taking the day off of practice. Sounds ridiculous, but it IS the NCAA.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/20/2007, 12:49 AM
We might as well drop sports, and just become all-academic. I wouldn't miss the zebra abuse.

Crucifax Autumn
10/20/2007, 12:56 AM
National Communists Against Athletes

Crucifax Autumn
10/20/2007, 01:00 AM
speaking of which...Anyone have a pic of those shoes?