PDA

View Full Version : Why isn't there more on the ISU game?

westcoast_sooner
10/19/2007, 10:23 AM
I know ISU got beat last week bad, and they aren't a very good football team, but it seems like all the posts here are about a few other topics, and not the game at hand.

I'm hoping Coach Stoops has our guys ready to play tomorrow in Ames.

badger
10/19/2007, 10:27 AM
I'm hoping Coach Stoops has our guys ready to defend the field goals tomorrow in Ames.
fixed :D

royalfan5
10/19/2007, 10:28 AM
I know ISU got beat last week bad, and they aren't a very good football team, but it seems like all the posts here are about a few other topics, and not the game at hand.

I think Stoops could accidentally leave all the starters in Norman, and still win easily in Ames. The clones are that bad.

KantoSooner
10/19/2007, 10:31 AM
Your point is well made, though, a lot of looking past the moment going on.

Blues1
10/19/2007, 10:33 AM
We THINK in terms of National Championships --- It's Hard to break once your mind goes there -- But you are Right -- Lets Get 78 on ISU ---- :)

OKC-SLC
10/19/2007, 10:37 AM
I've never been one to think that the topics of the day on sf.com necessarily reflected the thoughts of the team.

That said, I do hope they are spending more time on improving between-the-tackle rushing yards than making gay jokes about Howzit.

AZSOONER
10/19/2007, 10:37 AM
Actually, if we tried to hang 100 on them, we'd get bad mouthed by some press (gonna happen anyway) but they sure would be talking about us a lot. I know they took margin of victory out of the mix, but when was the last time someone scored 100 points?

kevpks
10/19/2007, 10:38 AM
I would only be worried if Bradford, Granger and English were on here posting about the South Florida game. I don't think Stoops will need me to win the game tomorrow, but if he does I'll be ready.

Blues1
10/19/2007, 10:39 AM
Actually, if we tried to hang 100 on them, we'd get bad mouthed by some press (gonna happen anyway) but they sure would be talking about us a lot. I know they took margin of victory out of the mix, but when was the last time someone scored 100 points?

I think it was Houston vs Tulsa ....... Some expert Let us know....:D

85sooners
10/19/2007, 10:41 AM
I've never been one to think that the topics of the day on sf.com necessarily reflected the thoughts of the team.

yeah

TheHumanAlphabet
10/19/2007, 10:42 AM
I'm sorry, the 'clones are real bad and we have to get prepared for Bye week...

humblesooner
10/19/2007, 10:53 AM

You got it right. I underlined the reason in your question.;)

westcoast_sooner
10/19/2007, 10:58 AM
ISU IS really bad. I was just surprised that there weren't more topics about how we were going to hang half a hundred by halftime. I'm sure Sam and company will be ready. I'd personally like to see us run the ball with a lot of authority tomorrow, and keep ISU from scoring - AT ALL.

Boomer Sooner.

yermom
10/19/2007, 11:00 AM
i'd like to see our special teams get some solid play on the road

and hopefully the run game gets it together

Widescreen
10/19/2007, 11:11 AM
This season and with this team, I take nothing for granted after CU. However, playing ISU is kinda boring so what's to talk about? Do we discuss their intricate coverage schemes? Their stellar QB play? The pounding ground attack that will put pressure on our safeties to both cover and take care of the RB's?

OKC-SLC
10/19/2007, 11:29 AM
Not that Iowa is any good, but how did they lose to ISU (AGAIN!!11) this year?

hink4769
10/19/2007, 11:43 AM
I want to see us hang 80 on that asswipe Chizik.

Dan Thompson
10/19/2007, 12:26 PM
I think Stoops will use this game to work on fundamentals and get both the pass game (too many dropped balls) and the running game working.

Defense could work on protecting the outsides and the DB can work pass defense.

With all the TDs we'll have maybe we can work on extra points also.

IMO it will just be a scrimmage and the points are going to go out the window.

westcoast_sooner
10/20/2007, 05:52 PM
Question is whether we used the game to work on fundamentals, or if we came out and sleepwalked through the first half, like it looked to me. We we -2 in turnovers and those were the same kind of thing we've seen before - inexcusable fumbles and passes that pop straight up off someones shoulder pads and get picked.

Look, IMO, if this team wants to be in the national championship conversation, they need to be able to do the same things on the road they do at home - DOMINATE!!

And some of the reason that we struggled against ISU, IMO, is because we saw what Texas did to them last week. They made adjustments this week in practice, and played the first half better than we did.

We did a good job of taking it to them in the 2nd half - made some plays and shutting them down on defense.

But it shouldn't have come to this. We need to get our mind right and do what we usually do at home to teams we face on the road.

Howzit
10/20/2007, 06:25 PM

That said, I do hope they are spending more time on improving between-the-tackle rushing yards than making gay jokes about Howzit.

ditto.