PDA

View Full Version : Jim Leavitt

IB4OU2
10/19/2007, 09:02 AM
Man that guy is one intense coach. No wonder the SF team has been motivated this year. His intensity on the sideline was well displayed last night....Wow!

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20071017/capt.481971a3efb54792af393b4254672a9b.sunshine_sta te_miracle_football_ny158.jpg?x=380&y=248&sig=uRnRgsvL9llB96yS6VrY7A--

TUSooner
10/19/2007, 09:04 AM
For OUr sake, I'm glad he lost in the BCS race. But other than that, I didn't really like to see him lose. I like the guy and what he has done.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2007, 09:06 AM
Imagine Leavitt And Bob & Mike Stoops on the same side line.
And we all wonder how the hell K-State got so good. Damn.

I have to say, everytime he got mad, I just started laughing.

Boomer.....
10/19/2007, 09:06 AM
He was going nuts! Did you see him doing sprints before the game?

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2007, 09:09 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/127/331513319_9350f82325_o.jpg

SoonerBOI
10/19/2007, 09:11 AM
His intensity is second to none. I like the guy.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2007, 09:14 AM
No way in hell he ever leaves USF though. Bama was about to make him the highest paid coach in college fooseball, and he turned them down.

USF will one day be playing on Leavitt field. Mark it down.

85sooners
10/19/2007, 09:16 AM
great entertainment!!

TUSooner
10/19/2007, 09:16 AM
****USF will one day be playing on Leavitt field. Mark it down.

Word. [EDIT- Well I had forgot that they already play in a ginormous NFL stadium - it don't pay to agree wuth Tuba about anything! :D ]

But Leavitt and Mike Stoops on the same sideline would be some fire

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/19/2007, 09:53 AM
has a Ken doll that he dresses in drag named Leroy Lizard....

Ooops....we play Iowa St don't we...

Leavitt is a great coach. He will win a lot of games if he doesn't burst into flames first...

BoomerGirl34
10/19/2007, 09:55 AM
Leavitt makes Venables look comatose....

The_Red_Patriot
10/19/2007, 10:01 AM
:pop: :pop:

Man, I originally had the Big East pretty high but after watching alot of thier games I think that conference as a whole is kind of weak.

badger
10/19/2007, 10:04 AM
... is a hyper little child that needs to lay off the caffeine.

NormanPride
10/19/2007, 10:14 AM
Aww, you thought he was funny last night! Go easy on the stroke victim.

There's fire and then there's a lack of control. I saw at one point he was getting after a kid that had been out of position on a successful 3rd down defense of Rutgers' pathetic passing game, and the kid was yapping back at him the way some do when they're scared. You don't want that stuff going on on the sidelines.

badger
10/19/2007, 10:20 AM
Is THIS easy enough on the guy?
http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/1757/usfsr5.jpg
Yes, he's fun to watch :D

Ash
10/19/2007, 10:22 AM

There's fire and then there's a lack of control. I saw at one point he was getting after a kid that had been out of position on a successful 3rd down defense of Rutgers' pathetic passing game, and the kid was yapping back at him the way some do when they're scared. You don't want that stuff going on on the sidelines.

I agree. I like the intensity but he bordered on just being a jackass out there last night. IMHO, that's not what you want out of your headcoach.

NormanPride
10/19/2007, 10:24 AM
"In the mood" made me lol. :D

royalfan5
10/19/2007, 10:27 AM
I agree. I like the intensity but he bordered on just being a jackass out there last night. IMHO, that's not what you want out of your headcoach.
Of course he has had a lot of success with a program that didn't exist until fairly recently. That is what you want out of your head coach.

KantoSooner
10/19/2007, 10:35 AM
I like him ...... as a coach of USF.

To coach OU, I like Bob Stoops

OUinFLA
10/19/2007, 10:45 AM
No way in hell he ever leaves USF though. Bama was about to make him the highest paid coach in college fooseball, and he turned them down.

USF will one day be playing on Leavitt field. Mark it down.

Only if USF coughs up about 500 Million to buy the Buc's stadium from the city of Tampa.

Or, if they outbid Raymond James for the rights to display his name. About 100 Million for a limited time.

Or, if they build their own stadium, again another half a billion.

Im afraid your wrong on this statement Tuba, maybe the practice field or the Athletic Field House on campus.

Widescreen
10/19/2007, 10:57 AM
Although you like your coach to display class at all times, ultimately it comes down to JUST WIN BABY! Winning covers a lot of sins - see Robert Knight.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2007, 11:07 AM
Only if USF coughs up about 500 Million to buy the Buc's stadium from the city of Tampa.

Or, if they outbid Raymond James for the rights to display his name. About 100 Million for a limited time.

Or, if they build their own stadium, again another half a billion.

Im afraid your wrong on this statement Tuba, maybe the practice field or the Athletic Field House on campus.

Of course I meant if they ever build themselves their own stadium.

And UCF's new stadium cost about $65 Million for 45,000 seat stadium, not half bizillion dollars as you suggest.

Ash
10/19/2007, 11:16 AM
Although you like your coach to display class at all times, ultimately it comes down to JUST WIN BABY! Winning covers a lot of sins - see Robert Knight.

I agree.

royalfan, I wasn't saying the guy should be fired. I just said acting like an assclown on the sidelines for an entire game is not something I personally like to see out of a headcoach. All coaches lose it to a certain extent on the sidelines at some time but Leavitt (sp?) took it to an extreme. I guess I'm old school but just like with the Gumby meltdown, class and dignity is still something I think leaders (in any position) should balance with the fire and brimstone.

It was entertaining, though. I was laughing through the entire second half.

royalfan5
10/19/2007, 11:36 AM
I agree.

royalfan, I wasn't saying the guy should be fired. I just said acting like an assclown on the sidelines for an entire game is not something I personally like to see out of a headcoach. All coaches lose it to a certain extent on the sidelines at some time but Leavitt (sp?) took it to an extreme. I guess I'm old school but just like with the Gumby meltdown, class and dignity is still something I think leaders (in any position) should balance with the fire and brimstone.

It was entertaining, though. I was laughing through the entire second half.
I think there were plenty of crazy old school coaches as well. With the extra exposure these days, it's just noticed more. An example of this would be Bob Devaney.

OUinFLA
10/19/2007, 11:45 AM
Of course I meant if they ever build themselves their own stadium.

And UCF's new stadium cost about $65 Million for 45,000 seat stadium, not half bizillion dollars as you suggest.

but, half a bizillion builds a much nicer stadium.
:D

Ash
10/19/2007, 11:48 AM
I think there were plenty of crazy old school coaches as well. With the extra exposure these days, it's just noticed more. An example of this would be Bob Devaney.

Again, I didn't say anything about all old coaches being subdued. I was talking about a personal philosophy about leadership positions.

JohnnyMack
10/19/2007, 11:57 AM

I remember Mike Stoops chewing out Roy Williams for being "out of position" during the 2001 OU/Saxet game.

I remember Mike Stoops chewing out Torrance Marshall for being "out of position" during the 200 OU/Aggie game.

I remember Brent Venables chewing out Curtis Lofton during this year's Miami game for a similar offense.

Those are just off the top of my head.

Scott D
10/19/2007, 12:41 PM
it's not like there wasn't any intensity from Schiano's sideline either people.

Pricetag
10/19/2007, 12:50 PM
I have to say, everytime he got mad, I just started laughing.
I could never play for the guy because of that. That little thing he was doing where his mouth moved like it was warming up or something before he exploded cracked me up. I hate it when people do funny things when they're mad--I can't keep from laughing inappropriately.

JohnnyMack
10/19/2007, 12:53 PM
it's not like there wasn't any intensity from Schiano's sideline either people.

I'M INTENSE! I'M A LUMBERJACK! I CHOP WOOD![hairGel]

DarrellZero
10/19/2007, 03:19 PM
I'll take intensity over just standing there like a bump on a log any day. Gary Gibbs and John Blake taught me that.

Gibbs looked like he was waiting for his socks to come out of the dryer. Blake alternated between a blank stare and a "WTF just happened?" expression.

bluedogok
10/19/2007, 09:49 PM
Gibbs is better suited for the booth, Blake is better suited for the buffet line.

goingoneight
10/20/2007, 01:03 AM
I talk to a lot of Okie Aggies everyday (hey, I work for a trucklining company and I live in Tulsa, get off me! :O) and the USF thing has them all hot and bothered. Most like the idea that a "powerhouse" can spring up from nowhere (ala Boise State, USF, Rutgers)... but still may are pizzed that their bottomless bank hasn't produced one yet.

Crucifax Autumn
10/20/2007, 01:20 AM
They'll never be a powerhouse until they actually take a moment and realize that they ARE NOT a powerhouse. Once they figure that out, they'll realize they have to work harder and maybe end up getting gradually better. Unfortunately for them, they'll never be able to take Dad in a fair fight on a consistent basis.

bluedogok
10/20/2007, 12:06 PM
USF also plays in a winnable conference, no major powerhouses there to contend with every year.

Scott D
10/21/2007, 09:11 AM
I talk to a lot of Okie Aggies everyday (hey, I work for a trucklining company and I live in Tulsa, get off me! :O) and the USF thing has them all hot and bothered. Most like the idea that a "powerhouse" can spring up from nowhere (ala Boise State, USF, Rutgers)... but still may are pizzed that their bottomless bank hasn't produced one yet.

Well they're free to go join the Mountain West or the Western Athetic Conference, or in their case the Sunbelt Conference. It might actually give them a better chance of recruiting places like Florida, where most of USF's recruits are from.

Monster Zero
10/21/2007, 01:17 PM
Someone around here described him "like a tweaker with 'roid rage" and I can see why. He's an angry dude.