PDA

View Full Version : crazy year, I originally thought we just weren't good enough to play for a NC

usmc-sooner
10/19/2007, 08:54 AM
but everybody is losing games to people they shouldn't. Now just need tOSU, BC, Cal to keep it up. I wouldn't mind seeing LSU drop another one, don't want to face them in NO ever again.

sooneron
10/19/2007, 08:57 AM
This appears to be a year where there really isn't one very good/great all around team.

Blues1
10/19/2007, 09:03 AM
To Get NUMBER 8 ~~~~ Here's the Way I see It ---- We want Ohio State and Kansas to Win Out...We then beat Kansas in the Big 12 champ game and Ohio State in the Sugar....The best way to Keep LSU out of the sugar is to have Ohio state win out...and of course it would help if Lsu takes another loss....IF Lsu makes the Sugar they probably beat anyone else who shows up..... :( ~~~ JMHO....!!

TUSooner
10/19/2007, 09:06 AM
I REALLY hope that LSU does not get another home game for the MNC.

soonernation
10/19/2007, 09:08 AM
To Get NUMBER 8 ~~~~ Here's the Way I see It ---- We want Ohio State and Kansas to Win Out...We then beat Kansas in the Big 12 champ game and Ohio State in the Sugar....The best way to Keep LSU out of the sugar is to have Ohio state win out...and of course it would help if Lsu takes another loss....IF Lsu makes the Sugar they probably beat anyone else who shows up..... :( ~~~ JMHO....!!

Ohio State winning out has nothing to do with keeping LSU out of the Sugar Bowl. We will not jump LSU in the BCS unless they lose again. We need 2 out of the 3 teams above us to lose to get in. The most likely two to lose in my opinion are Ohio State and BC. LSU probably wins out.

Blues1
10/19/2007, 09:12 AM
Ohio State winning out has nothing to do with keeping LSU out of the Sugar Bowl. We will not jump LSU in the BCS unless they lose again. We need 2 out of the 3 teams above us to lose to get in. The most likely two to lose in my opinion are Ohio State and BC. LSU probably wins out.

Yep - it will also work that way --- Kansas getting into the the Top Ten would help us at the End of the regular Season.....But the way this season has gone who knows....???? ----- :eek: --- I'm counting on LSU to go down one more time....Then let Ohio State win out...!!!! - :)

85sooners
10/19/2007, 09:14 AM
we are the best and it will work out week by week

Blitzkrieg
10/19/2007, 09:47 AM
This is the kind of team that gets hot late and wins it all, much like FLA last year. They weren't the best most of the year,just when it counted.

handcrafted
10/19/2007, 09:50 AM
Remember, :les: still has to play in a conference championship game and tOSU does not (neither does Cal). I give good odds that :les: drops another one, probably to Florida in the championship game.

westcoast_sooner
10/19/2007, 10:01 AM
It would be real nice if :les: and LSU would find a way to lose again before their CCG, just to get it out of the way. BC has to go to Va Tech next Saturday, so there's a good chance that they lose there as well. tOSU still has some tough games they could lose down the stretch, as well.

Who knows.

KantoSooner
10/19/2007, 10:41 AM
You know? I'm getting tired of trying to dodge LSU to get No. 8. F it! If we play LSU at their own house, so be it.
Let's just beat every last team on our agenda and take the prize home.
finish.

kevpks
10/19/2007, 10:41 AM

I really don't think LSU will win out. Of the teams you mentioned, LSU has the worst coach and the toughest schedule. I say that not even knowing the name of the BC coach. Les will press and beat himself, likely against Auburn, Bama or the CCG.

MiccoMacey
10/19/2007, 10:44 AM
You know? I'm getting tired of trying to dodge LSU to get No. 8. F it! If we play LSU at their own house, so be it.
finish.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Beat LSU @ LSU. Makes it even that much more impressive.

jccouger
10/19/2007, 11:08 AM
Remember how embarrassed you felt after OU lost 2 national championships in a row? I wouldn't mind seeing Ohio St. fans having those same feelings...

WestAustinSooner
10/19/2007, 11:32 AM
I think Oklahoma is the nation's best offensive team and LSU is the nation's best defensive team. But look, we all know BC is going to lose at VT next week. Ohio State will lose to MSU, MU, Wisky or Illini. LSU might drop one of their remaining games. IF we win out, I think we end up playing LSU in the Sugar, which we really don't want to do, but hey - let's beat them at their house. If LSU manages to lose another one, who the heck knows who we'll play. The bottom line is: WE MUST WIN OUT. If we do, we play for number eight, no matter who it is.

MojoRisen
10/19/2007, 11:36 AM
OHio St or LSU would be fine by me as long as we play for it- I ain't scared of LSU in New Orleans- plus if OSU and BC loose early we could start to buy some tickets up for the game early. Risky but we should bring at least 50,000 Thousand to the French Quarters this time around.

We should have beat LSU last time as well-

RedstickSooner
10/19/2007, 11:39 AM
There'd be one other way we could simplify this quandry we have ourselves in:

We could always just lose another game.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/19/2007, 11:45 AM
finish.

Couldn't agree more. If there are a bunch of one loss teams all clamoring to be in the natty champ game, but it is us against Lester's Swamp Uglies on their home turf, if we can beat them there will be no question as to who is numero uno.

Miko
10/19/2007, 11:54 AM
Shoot, I say we strap it up and play the alltime all madden team if it means a shot at #8.

And isn's bc's coach Shivo or something like that?

KC//CRIMSON
10/19/2007, 12:25 PM
You guys are on dope if you think OU could beat LSU in their back yard for a MNC this year.

MojoRisen
10/19/2007, 12:33 PM
Dope it is then - Flynn looks like he could get roughed up. Kentucky not greater than OU anywhere played.

Besides Auburn gets it done tomorrow. LSU is too banged up and Auburn has everything riding on this game as well.

Miko
10/19/2007, 01:07 PM
I'm not willing to concede a game to anyone anywhere.

Well, maybe against Ditka in an environment void of oxygen. But I'd still want us to try it.

sooneron
10/19/2007, 01:58 PM
You guys are on dope if you think OU could beat LSU in their back yard for a MNC this year.
There's a chance. Our Offense is better than their's. Our achilles is the pass D. Their passing game/blocking isn't too impressive except against really bad D teams. Ours is more consistent.

Blitzkrieg
10/19/2007, 02:27 PM
We're not willing to concede the national championship to LSU and USC. Oops, wait, that was Steve Pedersen again.

silverwheels
10/19/2007, 03:06 PM
I still don't think we're good enough to play for a NC. But after watching all of the other teams, none of them look good enough, either. So at least we're not alone. :D

BoonesFarmSooner
10/19/2007, 03:27 PM

Watching LSU a few times this year, I'm not impressed at all with their offense. Early Doucet is their only playmaker at WR, Flynn isn't that good, and their RB's are nothing special.

Their game against Tulane, they looked about as average on offense as any Top 5 team I've seen in a long time. Reminds me a little of our '01 squad.

KC//CRIMSON
10/19/2007, 03:55 PM
There's a chance. Our Offense is better than their's. Our achilles is the pass D. Their passing game/blocking isn't too impressive except against really bad D teams. Ours is more consistent.

There's also a good chance this prick:les:would be over on the sideline with all his *iss smelling tigah bait flunkies laughing their *ss's off.

I don't think our offense is any better than LSU's. They are way more consistent on both sides of the ball. Flynn is a good QB. Dude has got some wheels too........at home they would beat us by 14+ and hand OU it's fourth straight BCS loss, IMO.

silverwheels
10/19/2007, 04:01 PM
Flynn is a decent QB, but not great. 54% completion rate, 947 yards, 5 TDs, 4 INTs, and he can't seem to avoid the sack, having been taken down 15 times already this season behind the LOS. Any team that stays balanced on offense and can force LSU to pass has a good chance.

I haven't been nearly as impressed by the Tigers as most people have.

BoonesFarmSooner
10/19/2007, 04:08 PM
I don't think our offense is any better than LSU's. They are way more consistent on both sides of the ball. Flynn is a good QB. Dude has got some wheels too........at home they would beat us by 14+ and hand OU it's fourth straight BCS loss, IMO.

Where do I start with that???

Go up and down the LSU roster and name 3 players off the LSU offense that would start at OU.

As for their consistency, they are good at converting 4th downs. I'll give them that.

sooneron
10/19/2007, 04:12 PM
Flynn is a decent QB, but not great. 54% completion rate, 947 yards, 5 TDs, 4 INTs, and he can't seem to avoid the sack, having been taken down 15 times already this season behind the LOS. Any team that stays balanced on offense and can force LSU to pass has a good chance.

I haven't been nearly as impressed by the Tigers as most people have.
Yep, same here. Their D front is hella good, but the other side of the ball is nothing impressive.

MojoRisen
10/19/2007, 04:16 PM
I think we would win- we can mix it up and limit mistakes we take em...

KC//CRIMSON
10/19/2007, 04:36 PM
Where do I start with that???

Go up and down the LSU roster and name 3 players off the LSU offense that would start at OU.

As for their consistency, they are good at converting 4th downs. I'll give them that.

Start with this. Who cares who could or couldn't start for OU? Have you watched a single LSU game this year all the way through? They are good on both sides of the ball. And consistent.

Don't forget about the two headed snake that is Flynn and Perrylouise.

silverwheels
10/19/2007, 04:45 PM
LSU looks good on defense because they've played 2 good offenses in their 7 games so far. They held a good Florida offense to 24 (that Auburn held to 17 in the Swamp), but Kentucky scored 43 on them, 27 in regulation. Still, that's a lot of points for the supposed best defense in the country.

Miko
10/19/2007, 05:01 PM
Ellessewe cannot be beaten by mere mortals. They have this amulet that makes them invincible. And their defensive players shoot lasers from their eyes. And their o-line is composed of lightning-fast robots that all weigh over 6 tons. And if you stare directly at any special teams player on their team, your legs melt.

Not only would they crush an all madden team, they could take over the entire world if they chose to. No army could stop them. The would beat the superfriends 77-0. The X-men would refuse to take the field against them. :rolleyes:

BoonesFarmSooner
10/19/2007, 06:34 PM
Them being consistent on offense is correct. They've been consistently average!

No playmakers on that side of the ball.

Stitch Face
10/19/2007, 08:02 PM
I think Oklahoma is the nation's best offensive team and LSU is the nation's best defensive team.

Kinda like FSU and OU in 2000 (roles reversed, though) and remember how that turned out. :O

UTsucks
10/20/2007, 12:42 AM
Boom goes the dynamite.

Beat LSU @ LSU. Makes it even that much more impressive.

Put down the pipe man STAY OFF DRUGS!

Crucifax Autumn
10/20/2007, 01:12 AM
I'm personally not so impressed with their D either...If their D was ALL THAT they wouldn't have lost. And their offense is pretty lackluster. When the only way you can keep defenses off-balance is to switch quarterbacks you're pretty much clutching at straws. Just because it worked most of the time for Florida last year doesn't mean it's a good idea.

stoopified
10/20/2007, 08:42 AM
There'd be one other way we could simplify this quandry we have ourselves in:

We could always just lose another game.
Bite your tongue.

soonernation
10/20/2007, 09:31 AM

And everyone said..................

You guys are on dope if you think Stanford could beat USC in their back yard this year.

KC//CRIMSON
10/20/2007, 05:11 PM
And everyone said..................

Iowa State would be a push over.