PDA

View Full Version : Okay. So now, which teams do we need to lose to whom?

MamaMia
10/18/2007, 10:59 PM
I'm all ready to send out the mojo voodoo in whatever direction y'all say. :pop:

critical_phil
10/18/2007, 11:00 PM
teh media hates ou. we need everyone in the sec and pac 10 to lose 2 more times.

Soonerus
10/18/2007, 11:02 PM
BC loses and we win out and we are in...book it,,,

Frozen Sooner
10/18/2007, 11:02 PM
Just any two of LSU, tOSU, and Boston College.

And of course, we need to win out.

Blues1
10/18/2007, 11:03 PM
Illinois to Take down Ohio State......Let it Happen...~~~~ !

SoonerEmpire
10/18/2007, 11:03 PM
Regarding games this weekend:

We need Auburn to beat LSU. Michigan State to beat Ohio State. And/or Virginia Tech to beat BC next Thursday. Hell, it would be great if all three of them went down this saturday and next thursday, but that's doubtful.

colleyvillesooner
10/18/2007, 11:04 PM

No way we jump an undefeated Buckeye team.

Or if Kentucky or S Carolina wins out, they will pass us. NO doubt. If either one ran the table, they'd have victories over 4-6 ranked teams, including LSU in the SEC CCG.

our best bet to keep one of those teams at bay would be an undefeated Kansas team in the BIG 12 CCG.

Soonerus
10/18/2007, 11:04 PM
tOSU will lose for certain, book it...basically we beat T.Tech , OSU and Big XII game and we are in...

Soonerus
10/18/2007, 11:06 PM
If Kentucky or S Carolina wins out, they will pass us. NO doubt. If either one ran the table, they'd have victories over 4-6 ranked teams.

our best bet to keep one of those teams at bay would be an undefeated Kansas team in the BIG 12 CCG.

poor analysis....

colleyvillesooner
10/18/2007, 11:06 PM
poor analysis....

why?

Guess I couldn't even come close to your in depth take...

85sooners
10/18/2007, 11:07 PM
book it book it book it!!!!!!!!!!!

CatfishSooner
10/18/2007, 11:07 PM
no f'n way kentucky or s. carolina in and not us!

Soonerus
10/18/2007, 11:08 PM
Kentucky and S. Carolina have no chance...are you kidding or on drugs ?????????????????/

critical_phil
10/18/2007, 11:08 PM
why?

because....Rusty said......so.

colleyvillesooner
10/18/2007, 11:10 PM
Kentucky and S. Carolina have no chance...are you kidding or on drugs ?????????????????/

Just not drinking the Koolaid...

The media LOVES LSU. You don't think they'd put a one loss SEC Team that beat Florida and LSU twice in over us, your missing the boat. The computers are killing us. They have more games that will improve their computer ranking than us, and they're barely behind us in the BCS.

Soonerus
10/18/2007, 11:12 PM

The media LOVES LSU. You don't think they'd put a one loss SEC Team that beat Florida and LSU twice in over us, your missing the boat. The computers are killing us. They have more games that will improve their computer ranking than us, and they're barely behind us in the BCS.

No, we win out and Kentucky and South Carolina are not a concern at all....

CatfishSooner
10/18/2007, 11:13 PM
hehehehe

Chrisrokc
No way we jump an undefeated Buckeye team.

Or if Kentucky or S Carolina wins out, they will pass us. NO doubt. If either one ran the table, they'd have victories over 4-6 ranked teams, including LSU in the SEC CCG.

Where are you getting this GARBAGE [hairGel]

lol :D

colleyvillesooner
I don't think either one of them does it, but to not acknowledge that i's a possibility is purely being a Homer.

Good night all...

tulsaoilerfan
10/18/2007, 11:15 PM

I know at one time if you beat a team twice, the second time didn't affect your ranking one bit; has that changed?

Soonerus
10/18/2007, 11:22 PM
Colley is just wrong and he knows it that's why he went offline...

kevpks
10/18/2007, 11:24 PM
Kentucky and South Carolina don't stand much of a chance to win out. Everyone forgets how good FL can be. I don't think KY can take FL this week after that emotional win over LSU. There is a reason the Gators are a 7 pt. favorite. I think Florida has the best chance out of all the SEC to win out and they are not a factor as far as the NC is concerned.

Crucifax Autumn
10/18/2007, 11:27 PM
We need Auburn to beat LSU. Michigan State to beat Ohio State. And/or Virginia Tech to beat BC next Thursday. Hell, it would be great if all three of them went down this saturday and next thursday, but that's doubtful.

I actually totally believe that all 3 will lose. I also think those other SEC boys are gonna take a hit within the next 2 weeks.

badger
10/19/2007, 12:00 AM
The only team that absolutely needs to lose is Iowa State. But they're good at that, so I'm not too worried :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2007, 12:48 AM
Me either, but the general rule for me is if they are in the top 25 and they aren't a Big 12 school then I'm against them. In the case both are ranked then I'm for the lower ranked team. If we're gonna play them or have played them I'm for them. If they are a big 12 south team and they are ahead of us they have to lose. Pretty much all obvious, but my main point is that if they aren't Sooners then who cares unless them winning helps us or them losing helps us, then cheer accordingly.

Sooner02
10/19/2007, 12:51 AM
I hate having to resort to cheering for teams I despise to help my team. I do admit it can be fun when they win though.

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2007, 12:53 AM
Yep...Last year's Uterus-Aggie game was a joy.

Sooner02
10/19/2007, 12:55 AM
As was the UCLA/USuC game.

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2007, 01:03 AM
Yep again!

And tonight's Rutgers game and a few others. I love watching wannabes get their scrotes kicked in. Even when it's just 3 points! Hell, last years BCS championship was the most fun I'd had watching 2 teams I can't stand in years.

jccouger
10/19/2007, 01:23 AM
tOSU will lose atleast once before there regular season is over, South Carolina and Kentucky will both lose to Flordia, if not to somebody else. LSU may lose to somebody else. BC should lose, but I don't really see anbody that is really that scary. Maybe VTech?

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2007, 01:27 AM
VT will beat BC...Write it down.

Leroy Lizard
10/19/2007, 01:34 AM
The following teams will get the nod over OU if they win out.

BC
tOSU
ASU
LSU
KU (if they beat a highly-ranked OU team in the CCG)

I think the following teams will get the nod over OU if they win out.

Oregon (will have beaten USC and ASU). Have a lot of appeal to pollsters.
SC (will have beaten Tennesee, Florida, and most likely LSU)
KY (will have beaten Florida, Georgia, Tennesee, and most likely LSU. They will also be media darlings.)
USC (will have beaten ASU, Oregon, and Cal. They are also media darlings.)

There aren't many head-to-head matches among these teams other than in the Pac-10.

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2007, 01:39 AM
We don't need head to head...they'll all lose easy games looking forward (or back to) the big games.

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2007, 07:30 AM

BC
tOSU
ASU
LSU

KY (will have beaten Florida, Georgia, Tennesee, and most likely LSU. They will also be media darlings.)

There aren't many head-to-head matches among these teams other than in the Pac-10.

Get ready for Rus to tell you you are wrong...Soon as he takes the Koolaid hose out of his butt.

kevpks
10/19/2007, 07:37 AM

BC
tOSU
ASU
LSU

We all need to become huge FL, Tenn, and Auburn fans. They can really help to give us some breathing room.

BoonesFarmSooner
10/19/2007, 07:44 AM
Auburn over LSU...

I don't want those drunk refugees anywhere close to the Sugar Bowl in January. Lessen there's a hurricane or somethin

madillsoonerfan5353
10/19/2007, 05:46 PM
We need KU to win out and TT to stay ranked til we mow em over!! That's my take! Just keep winning!

:)

Earickson
10/19/2007, 06:01 PM
I don't know if this is sad or funny or both.

College football with the BCS now has to contain two distinct elements.

1. Cheering/supporting/pulling for "your" team.

2. Cheering/supporting/pulling for other teams to lose based on how much of a positive impact that loss would have for "your" team.

Too much thinking for me, too much math.

Why can't fans just see the season one week at a time, like the coaches and players they cheer for?

There is less and less value in sports when the only thing fans care about is the championships.

MojoRisen
10/19/2007, 06:13 PM
Mojo please be thrown at LSU vs Auburn Tomorrow night

If not- no worries

OSU vs Michigan St, Penn St, Ill , Wisconsin or Michigan

BC will loose- the sooner the better because we will move up in the media & coaches poll which is more important than the computers and should be in my opinion.

Leroy Lizard
10/19/2007, 06:13 PM
There is less and less value in sports when the only thing fans care about is the championships.

I fully agree. In the past, the individual games and conference championships were much more important, and I think the game was better for it. Now, we bring in players that have no business being on campus (or being outside of a jail cell) just to win it all.

Lack of perspective.

soonersn2007
10/19/2007, 06:38 PM
I found myself pulling for Rutgers last night, I don't like to think like that. The Sooners just need to keep winning and let it be what it will be.

Crucifax Autumn
10/20/2007, 01:26 AM
We do need to keep winning, but as fans we have to cheer for the help.

Leroy Lizard
10/20/2007, 06:09 PM
Cal goes down
South Carolina goes down
Kentucky goes down
South Florida goes down

All of a sudden, a 10 point win in Iowa doesn't look so bad.

rubyspirit
10/20/2007, 09:17 PM
Go Auburn!

LSU is playing dirty. Pulling face masks on almost every play.