PDA

View Full Version : Our new punt formations

rhombic21
10/18/2007, 09:02 PM
I like having Reggie and Dominique back at the same time to return punts.

Not so sure about the new punt formation that they showed though, seemed like we came pretty close to getting a couple blocked.

CatfishSooner
10/18/2007, 10:06 PM
yeah, the punt formation is retardation

Spanish Sooner
10/18/2007, 10:13 PM
i think we only had the punt formation like that to have multiple gunners to neutralize maclin, we may see it go back to normal this week

yermom
10/18/2007, 10:24 PM
they said something about it being for the wind, we didn't keep them both out there for long

85sooners
10/18/2007, 10:47 PM
it was odd

Will
10/18/2007, 11:02 PM
I lIke Franks

badger
10/18/2007, 11:42 PM
we should do some of that fakey stuff Rutgers was doin' to USF tonight :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/18/2007, 11:49 PM
I'm pretty close to saying when we're receiving to just rush everyone and make sur NO ONE is back deep to muff it.

When we're punting...Well, I'd really like to see ANY formation where the punter actually gets a chance to angle it out deep and negate returns alltogether. Boring football perhaps, but much better for my aging ticker!

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2007, 07:49 AM
IT also helded to have one last blocker for the guy that catches it. Our gunner blockers are the suc this year. That or our punter isn't helping them out.

CincySooner
10/19/2007, 08:02 AM
speaking of punt formations.

I've been thinking about this one for a while. Maybe someone can help.

You know how sometimes the punt return team will bring one of the gunner-blockers in close to try to block the kick? Why does the gunner on the punt team automatically come in close to block?

Why not just have the punter recognize one of the gunners is wide open and throw to him for an easy first down?

colleyvillesooner
10/19/2007, 08:54 AM

You know how sometimes the punt return team will bring one of the gunner-blockers in close to try to block the kick? Why does the gunner on the punt team automatically come in close to block?

Cause then you can do This. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuePqhjmpNA)

Dan Thompson
10/19/2007, 12:21 PM
I'd like to see more flags for blocking in the back.

Animal Mother
10/19/2007, 02:13 PM

Why not just have the punter recognize one of the gunners is wide open and throw to him for an easy first down?

Somebody was watching the Rutgers/USF game last night!!!
I heard Stoops say they didn't want Reggie fielding punts when he was tired. In the texazz game they had him doing just that after chasing Swead down inside the 5 yard line. Is it just me or is that a tad contradictory?

rhombic21
10/19/2007, 04:45 PM
I thought the same thing, animal.

Crucifax Autumn
10/20/2007, 01:37 AM
Here it is again:

PUT DEMARCO ON PUNT RETURNS!!!!!!!!

The guy is made for it and will be doing it soon anyway, so why not get that going now?