PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 understanding types

Sooner_Bob
10/18/2007, 08:55 PM
Can you only use the Microsoft wireless network adapter with a 360 or can you shop around for something else as long as it talks to your home network?

Sooner_Bob
10/18/2007, 09:46 PM
Nobody? Man, you guys are slippin'.

:D

OCUDad
10/18/2007, 10:09 PM
Short answer is yes.

Long answer is http://www.ofzenandcomputing.com/zanswers/61

Sooner_Bob
10/18/2007, 10:51 PM
Thanks for the info . . . I guess I'll go with the MS adapter.

I heard you had to download a patch to enable the backwards compatibility so the new consoles can play some older Xbox games.

I want to eventually network this thing so I guess I should go ahead and by the adapter.

OCUDad
10/18/2007, 11:38 PM
Another option might be to buy a gaming wireless access point. You can hook it to your PC or laptop, set it up for your home network, and then connect it to your Xbox via the Ethernet port with a short CAT-5 cable.

Ordinary USB wireless adapters don't work because they require proprietary drivers and the Xbox won't accept them. Or so I'm told.

Linksys makes a WGA11B wireless access point for about $40.

Sooner_Bob
10/19/2007, 09:39 PM
Another option might be to buy a gaming wireless access point. You can hook it to your PC or laptop, set it up for your home network, and then connect it to your Xbox via the Ethernet port with a short CAT-5 cable.

Ordinary USB wireless adapters don't work because they require proprietary drivers and the Xbox won't accept them. Or so I'm told.

Linksys makes a WGA11B wireless access point for about $40.

Sounds even better . . .