PDA

View Full Version : eating healthy in Sayre....

OUAndy1807
10/18/2007, 08:48 PM
I need help:

As I said before, I'm in Sayre for like 3 weeks. There are 3 restaurants in town, one of which has healthy offerings but is only open for lunch. I'm pretty much eating lunch there every day.

I'm staying in a hotel that does not have a kitchenette or a refrigerator. My options for dinner are the Flying J truck stop across the street, a gas station chinese restaurant or Sonic. The chinese is inedible, as are the food offerings in the Flying J.

How do I keep from gaining a tremendous amount of weight? I'm thinking my only option at this point is to buy a crapload of beef jerky every week for dinner.

Please help me.

critical_phil
10/18/2007, 08:50 PM
that's weird.

i've never been to a Flying J that didn't have deelishus food.

OUAndy1807
10/18/2007, 08:54 PM
I love the high plains, I like the people, but the food out here is enough to make it miserable.

Newbomb Turk
10/18/2007, 08:55 PM
The chinese is inedible, as are the food offerings in the Flying J.

if by "inedible" you mean you can't eat the whole thing, I agree.

http://www.flyingj.com/restaurant/common/images/RD_menu_cover.jpg

GottaHavePride
10/18/2007, 09:05 PM
Buy a cheap styrofoam cooler and a big bag of ice. Then you should be able to find a grocery store and at least buy some stuff to make sandwiches. Do you have a microwave? Get some microwaveable cups o' soup.

OUAndy1807
10/18/2007, 09:09 PM
Buy a cheap styrofoam cooler and a big bag of ice. Then you should be able to find a grocery store and at least buy some stuff to make sandwiches. Do you have a microwave? Get some microwaveable cups o' soup.
I don't have ****, but we do have icemakers being installed in our building, so I could probably have the sandwich shop pack me up a dinner and just eat it later.

GottaHavePride
10/18/2007, 09:15 PM
Yeah. Eating sandwiches non stop starts to suck after a while, but hey.

Is there a store you can get a box of cereal or something? You can probably get milk at the gas station.

this wouldn't happen to you if you said hi to people in public. You bastard. ;)

OUAndy1807
10/18/2007, 09:20 PM
I would say hi to people out here if every freaking person we tried to hire didn't fail their drug test.

Seriously.

Italian Restaurant= front for the mob
Goat ranch= front for a western oklahoma meth lab.

mdklatt
10/18/2007, 10:25 PM
Italian Restaurant= front for the mob

Sayre has a Toto's?

Frozen Sooner
10/18/2007, 10:30 PM

Those cup o' noodles are possibly the worst thing you could ever eat. Nothing but salt and deep-fried complex carbohydrates.

GottaHavePride
10/19/2007, 12:43 AM
I wasn't talking about them - I was talking about some of the little single-serving campbells soups. You know, the ones with the REALLY GODDAMN ANNOYING COMMERCIALS.

The actual soup isn't bad.

Shneeg11
10/19/2007, 01:15 AM
Andy, what do you do? If you don't mind me asking

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/19/2007, 06:41 AM
How far is it to Woodward? Maybe MamaMia would cook for you. If not, there would be some good food choices there.

OklaPony
10/19/2007, 07:40 AM
Well, if you don't mind the drive you can go to Mangum and eat the best damn onion-fried burger on the planet. OK, it's not healthy but it is definitely worth the drive!

OUAndy1807
10/19/2007, 08:17 AM
Well, if you don't mind the drive you can go to Mangum and eat the best damn onion-fried burger on the planet. OK, it's not healthy but it is definitely worth the drive!
I drove down there on Wednesday but couldn't find the place. What's it called again?

OUAndy1807
10/19/2007, 08:18 AM
Andy, what do you do? If you don't mind me asking
Construction Management.

usmc-sooner
10/19/2007, 09:00 AM
Soup is not really healthy, lot of bad sugar. Go to a grocery store get some fruit, and greens in a can. Get some wheat bread, chicken, turkey, tuna and you'll be ok.

olevetonahill
10/19/2007, 09:56 AM
Drive over to Elk City Lots of decent resturants there .

OklaPony
10/20/2007, 11:29 AM
I drove down there on Wednesday but couldn't find the place. What's it called again?
Sorry for the delay, I missed the reply. It's called the Hamburger Inn and it's located across the street (east) from the Southeast corner of the town square on Pennsylvania. Here's the Yahoo link:

http://local.yahoo.com/details?fr=dd-local-tl1&id=18512375&stx=hamburger&csz=Mangum+OK&ed=XyhAcK160SwKI03GFWOh..lkBGBpxjch.rAAdvvWoz5CTJf RvyUB.HW3wVxzZNG0jpsuhlADlgZuClgJBQ--