PDA

View Full Version : Stupid b*** reporter gets suspended

Jerk
10/18/2007, 04:30 PM
Watch this and tell me that she's not a ****.

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/6905.html

colleyvillesooner
10/18/2007, 04:31 PM
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/4639/gggfg8.jpg

KABOOKIE
10/18/2007, 05:04 PM
Not saying this towards you CS but, I love it when liberal tards tout the "Free Speech" line when it has nothing to do with the 1st Amnd.

SoonerJack
10/18/2007, 05:21 PM
I hope the grand jury not only finds him innocent, but awards him for ridding the earth of two scumbags.

MamaMia
10/18/2007, 05:26 PM
I feel bad for that man. :(

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/18/2007, 05:36 PM
I hope the grand jury not only finds him innocent, but awards him for ridding the earth of two scumbags.With the cops saying he broke no laws, I wonder why there is now an investigation. What do you suppose the agenda was for the reporter, anti-gun or a racial thing?

Jerk
10/18/2007, 05:48 PM
With the cops saying he broke no laws, I wonder why there is now an investigation. What do you suppose the agenda was for the reporter, anti-gun or a racial thing?
One of the dead guys was a white male. If you want to look at the way 'they' think, see England. Any act of self-defense is a big no-no. A person taking responsibility for their own self-preservation is seen as a very individualistic thing, totally contrary to their collectivists beliefs that we should all be sheep. Thank you Neal Bortz.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/18/2007, 05:54 PM
I have something very important to add to this debate!:

Umm.... that breibart.tv lady host is.... HAWT!

Vaevictis
10/18/2007, 06:38 PM
With the cops saying he broke no laws, I wonder why there is now an investigation.

I think it's probably SOP to have an investigation when someone dies from a gunshot wound. Just a guess.

HskrGrl
10/18/2007, 06:49 PM

Her repetitive hand movements when she was talking were driving me nuts. It was the same movement over and over and over and over again. Mix it up a little! And I giggled when they would put the camera right on the guy host and you could see the garage door next to him.

As for the story... I feel so bad for that old man. :(

jk the sooner fan
10/18/2007, 06:49 PM
With the cops saying he broke no laws, I wonder why there is now an investigation. What do you suppose the agenda was for the reporter, anti-gun or a racial thing?

because the grand jury is the one that makes a final ruling on such things, not some homicide detective

they're following procedure - with the new "castle doctrine" in texas, he's got no worries

the old man wants this to go to a grand jury to return a no indictment - he needs it

Newbomb Turk
10/18/2007, 07:43 PM
Ok, so she is a bitch - I agree. But nobody at the TV station edited the questions out and just posted it to their website? I say she's not the only one to blame.

OKC-SLC
10/18/2007, 09:37 PM

sbodn is the most insightful poster on this thread.

OKC-SLC
10/18/2007, 09:41 PM
Heh. From the same page.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=6908

critical_phil
10/18/2007, 09:47 PM
nm

Mongo
10/18/2007, 10:06 PM
nm

hmmm, good point, I never thought about that point of view. but can we agree to disagree?

critical_phil
10/18/2007, 10:11 PM
**** off, dip ****

colleyvillesooner
10/18/2007, 11:15 PM
Not saying this towards you CS but, I love it when liberal tards tout the "Free Speech" line when it has nothing to do with the 1st Amnd.

No problem. I just finally found a place to post that funny picture. :D

StoopTroup
10/18/2007, 11:43 PM
If I was a reporter...I'd want to talk to him before he got home with the new shotgun. I think it might be safer that way.

Widescreen
10/19/2007, 12:21 AM
**** off, dip ****
Same to you only more of it.

You were talking to me, right?

proud gonzo
10/19/2007, 08:16 AM
I find it annoying that the reporter thought that the man buying a new shotgun was a point of interest. If you've had two intruders in three weeks, I think you might have good reason to think it's likely to happen again and want another weapon.

That's lady's a ****ing idiot.

crawfish
10/19/2007, 08:44 AM
Her repetitive hand movements when she was talking were driving me nuts. It was the same movement over and over and over and over again. (

You talk as if a woman with repetitive hand movements is a BAD thing. :texan:

badger
10/19/2007, 12:43 PM
Ok, as somebody working in this field, I'll give you my insider analysis:

1- Her questions "are you trigger happy?" "did you shoot to kill?" are leading questions. They are also closed ended questions and are not good for features. This basically ensures that the reporter will be speaking more than the person or subject the story is about. It also ensures what the answers will be.

2- Her demeanor is intrusive. She approached him in a parking lot of a sporting goods store. Sometimes, this is the only place you can approach a person, but regardless, a better approach would have been to be closer to eye level (crouch down instead of looking down) or meet at the place in question, his salvage yard.

3- Her story angle is not without bias. She is clearly suggesting, through her questions and opening shot, that this man is going to shoot and kill again.

Those are the three keys here: questions, demeanor and story angle. She was unprofessional by not being more respectful after being intrusive. You don't demand answers after preventing a guy's car door from shutting. She was unprofessional by not getting the legal standpoint of view - has this happened with others, and what are the police doing to protect the neighborhood from thieves? Her demeanor was unprofessional. She was told that he did not want his face shown, out of safety, yet showed it as he was walking up to the car. You don't think someone is going to try to take vengeance on their friend's or family member's death?

The thing about her questions is what most bothers me. The way she asked them was guaranteed to get a one word answer - NO. The way she worded them was also insulting.

It comes to me as no surprise that she was suspended. Such behavior would infuriate viewers, and because you want viewers to want to see your reporter's faces on television every day, that's not a good thing. In television, your reputation and relationship with a viewing audience is very, very important. If people don't want to watch you, they have other options and you will be let go.

If it's any comfort to the infuriated viewers out there, she looks to be getting up in age, and age is a female television reporter's worst enemy. She's bound to be let go soon anyway, because while men look wiser with age, the stereotype goes that women just look older with age. Sad and unfair, but true.

Widescreen
10/19/2007, 12:46 PM
You tell 'em, B!

Dio
10/19/2007, 01:01 PM
Heh. From the same page.

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=6908

Whitney prolly never did that til she met Bobby Brown. :eek:

OKC-SLC
10/19/2007, 01:04 PM
Whitney prolly never did that til she met Bobby Brown. :eek:
[Ed McMahon/]Hey-O[Ed McMahon]

soonerhubs
10/19/2007, 02:17 PM
Badger is correct in his assessment. That reporter did a terrible job of being objective in the questioning. A few open ended questions may have given this man a means of telling his side of the story.

Side note 1: If you don't want to be shot, don't break into someone's property!

Side note 2: Is the reporter dumb enough to break into this man's salvage yard to gather more information? ;)

proud gonzo
10/19/2007, 02:55 PM
Badger is correct in his assessment. you sure about that?

soonerhubs
10/19/2007, 03:18 PM
you sure about that?
:O Sorry, I don't know many folks' gender on the board. Badger you are correct in your assessment.

badger
10/19/2007, 03:21 PM
Badger is correct in her assessment.
Fixed, and why does everyone always think I'm a guy? NormanPride, can you beat up the next poster that calls me a guy? Love you!

;)

In any event, I'm not saying break in at the stroke of midnight like this burglars did. Rather, come by during full sunlight and offer the chance to tell the public your side of the story. Also offer to silhouette the shot so that his face would be hidden.

This guy has a business - a salvage yard business - so he would expect people to come by during daylight.

Widescreen
10/19/2007, 03:29 PM
Fixed, and why does everyone always think I'm a guy? NormanPride, can you beat up the next poster that calls me a guy? Love you!

;)

In any event, I'm not saying break in at the stroke of midnight like this burglars did. Rather, come by during full sunlight and offer the chance to tell the public your side of the story. Also offer to silhouette the shot so that his face would be hidden.

This guy has a business - a salvage yard business - so he would expect people to come by during daylight.
You go, dude!

badger
10/19/2007, 03:30 PM
You go, dude!
do I need to start a south oval thread on how to sound more like a girl on here?

no, i don't :P

and don't anybody else start one, neither:mad:

Widescreen
10/19/2007, 03:46 PM
do I need to start a south oval thread on how to sound more like a girl on here?

Well, you could but then, instead of people thinking you were a woman, they'd just think you were ghey. :D

badger
10/19/2007, 03:59 PM
Well, you could but then, instead of people thinking you were a woman, they'd just think you were ghey. :D
NP is going to kick your @$$ if he reads that:eek:

Widescreen
10/19/2007, 04:35 PM
NP is going to kick your @$$ if he reads that:eek:
Dangit! Howzit stole my password again. :mad:

OUinFLA
10/19/2007, 05:28 PM

that was an invitation, right?

SanJoaquinSooner
10/19/2007, 10:42 PM
She was a bit aggressive, but I don't see what the big deal is. A slow news day for the brietbart site, I guess.

sanantoniosooner
10/19/2007, 10:46 PM
You need glasses.

SanJoaquinSooner
10/19/2007, 11:23 PM
she has an impressive resume of reports. I can see why she's won awards:

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/myfox/pages/Home/SearchResult?siteId=1005&pageId=1.1&searchLocation=site&qt=rebecca+aguilar&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&submit=Go