PDA

View Full Version : Applewhite to aTm

GoSoonersGo
10/18/2007, 01:41 PM
Thats the rumor down here in Austin....was just mentioned on the radio.

stoopified
10/18/2007, 01:44 PM
Opie to Aggieville?Hmm.

tommieharris91
10/18/2007, 01:44 PM
So I'll just say Heupel to osu. It sounds the same.

I'll ask later for a link if one hasn't been posted yet.

handcrafted
10/18/2007, 01:51 PM
I give it a 70-30 chance of happening.

SoonerBorn68
10/18/2007, 02:18 PM
If that happens we'll need to know Applewhite's middle initial since there'll be a new DKR.

:D

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/18/2007, 02:42 PM
If that happens we'll need to know Applewhite's middle initial since there'll be a new DKR.

That would serve them right for that, but I don't see that at all. Applewhite will be a hot commodity and for him to waste his energy and chances on this job, good luck. I don't see it. Nice try Ags. Besides, what would happen if a tea sip ever did get the head job at eATMe? They would go ballistic and fire him after their first loss. It just isn't happening.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/18/2007, 02:44 PM
I would doubt that - Applewhite is in a dream position as his family has BIG 'Bammer ties. I realize the jump from OC to HC, but still, why would he leave a stable position for the lunacy of collieville?

Spanish Sooner
10/18/2007, 02:55 PM
I read on Texags(not a reliable source btw) that he was going into town for an interview for a high school head coaching job. But again, considering my source it may or may not be reliable

GoSoonersGo
10/18/2007, 03:13 PM
Van Malone was an All-American at Texas as a cornerback in 93 so these guys go coach when the opportunity arises...no matter what the school IMO...

Partial Qualifier
10/18/2007, 03:21 PM
Applewhite will be a hot commodity and for him to waste his energy and chances on this job, good luck. I don't see it. Nice try Ags.

I see it from the opposite angle - Applewhite is a first-year OC and a very young one at that. I'd be shocked if A&M went that route. And despite A&M's current status, I see them as a serious sleeping giant. The right coach down there could take A&M a long way. That's not a slouch job.. they have lots of $$ and could afford anyone available.

Of course I was shocked that Franchione left Alabama for Texas A&M... anything can happen but I don't see success-starved A&M going that route. How old is Major, 28??

BoonesFarmSooner
10/18/2007, 03:29 PM
Van Malone was an All-American at Texas as a cornerback in 93 so these guys go coach when the opportunity arises...no matter what the school IMO...

Where is Van Malone coaching???

AlabamaSooner
10/18/2007, 03:40 PM
I would doubt that - Applewhite is in a dream position as his family has BIG 'Bammer ties. I realize the jump from OC to HC, but still, why would he leave a stable position for the lunacy of collieville?

I agree. I think he'll be a HC one day, but Bama was always the place he wanted to go and now he has his shot finally. Heck, he's named after a Bama player. Major is the only player I actually liked at Texas. I loved his fire and grit.

85sooners
10/18/2007, 04:39 PM
:eek:

MiccoMacey
10/18/2007, 05:12 PM
I see it from the opposite angle - Applewhite is a first-year OC and a very young one at that. I'd be shocked if A&M went that route. And despite A&M's current status, I see them as a serious sleeping giant. The right coach down there could take A&M a long way. That's not a slouch job.. they have lots of $$ and could afford anyone available.

Absolutely.

I don't understand how some people think "X University" can't be successful. If Bob Stoops decided to coach for OSU, they'd be hella successful. Period.

It takes the right leadership. End of story.

I hope he doesn't get it for the same reason I don't want Heupel to get a HC job right now. Not enough seasoning.

Seamus
10/18/2007, 05:21 PM
Ahh, yes, Major Ogilvie -- No. 42. Badass.

I wouldn't say I like or liked any saxet player, but I respect and admire Applewhite, and for that matter, Colt McCoy. A couple of warriors whose fan base never really appreciated them as much as they should.

Horns 72
10/18/2007, 05:34 PM
Major's fan base adored him...his coach didn't.
He's still a cult hero in Austin.
Horns think the race is on...who will replace Mack when he retires--Major or Todd Dodge?

SoonerEmpire
10/18/2007, 05:34 PM
According to my double-secret sources, I'm hearing atm is seriously looking at Dick Winder! ;)

What the heck happened to him anyway?

bluedogok
10/18/2007, 08:14 PM
According to my double-secret sources, I'm hearing atm is seriously looking at Dick Winder! ;)

He is the QB coach at TCU (http://tcu.rivals.com/viewcoach.asp?coach=1470&Sport=1). He was the head coach at my wife's high school when she was in HS and at Tech when she was going there.

Crucifax Autumn
10/18/2007, 11:50 PM
I really don't wanna be a jackhole, but does anyone really give a crap who takes Fran's lousy job? Those guys mean nothing to me ever unless there is a situation like last year where I'm forced to be "fan for the day".

badger
10/18/2007, 11:58 PM
This just in...
THE AGGIES ARE LIVING IN THE PAST! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ECNqT1Vn3Ls&mode=related&search=)
As you can see from Exhibit A, they like to believe that they have a program that is as good as OU's that can command top coaching talent (not saying Major is, but he has potential). They therefore, stole the idea of our intro video, right down to the music.

Alas, their resume needs a little padding with a few more football highlights and voiceovers, but wade through the trash and we'll see this:
-legend begins in 1922.
-nat'l title in 1939
-omg, bear bryant and teh junkshun boyzzz!!!1!
-we won teh heizman!!!1!11
-and da lombardi!!!1!
...more highlights...
...more scores...
...more crowd noise...
12-7!!!!

And that, ladies and gents, is the history of Aggie football. Some tradition, eh? Nothing like... nothing???? :D

jwlynn64
10/19/2007, 12:43 AM
Major is the only player I actually liked at Texas.

I think that a lot of people lost respect for him when he and his buddies showed up at Lubbock (or was it Stillwater?) to root against OU in the hope of making into the Conference Championship Game. Pretty classless if you ask me.

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2007, 12:52 AM
Personally I love the guy...

He wouldn't pleasure mack or whatever it was that Chrissy did to gain favor and thus, Texas was worse for it.

As for him being a classless jerkoff who would actually go cheer for a way in the backdoor, I thought that applied to most texass players...always angling for the back door. I'm surprised he didn't bring a bong and a set of bongos and arrive naked.

jwlynn64
10/19/2007, 12:55 AM
Personally I love the guy...

He wouldn't pleasure mack or whatever it was that Chrissy did to gain favor and thus, Texas was worse for it.

As for him being a classless jerkoff who would actually go cheer for a way in the backdoor, I thought that applied to most texass players...always angling for the back door. I'm surprised he didn't bring a bong and a set of bongos and arrive naked.

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2007, 01:10 AM
What can I say...I'm on a roll tonight against all these aggots and whorns!

Mack: "What I like most about these freshmen boys is I get older and they stay the same age"

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/19/2007, 01:25 AM

Of course I was shocked that Franchione left Alabama for Texas A&M... anything can happen but I don't see success-starved A&M going that route. How old is Major, 28??

Isn't this second year as OC. He was OC at Rice last year, right?

Boomer_Sooner_sax
10/19/2007, 01:27 AM
I think that a lot of people lost respect for him when he and his buddies showed up at Lubbock (or was it Stillwater?) to root against OU in the hope of making into the Conference Championship Game. Pretty classless if you ask me.

That doesn't bother me. I would do it too. If they aren't playing and they paid for tickets, why not. It didn't work. They needed tickets for the following week to watch the train wreck vs OSU.

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2007, 01:35 AM
He bothers me...He's a whorn...the friggin' enemy!

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2007, 01:36 AM
And yes...he spent a year at Rice as OC.

jwlynn64
10/19/2007, 01:46 AM
Mack: "What I like most about these freshmen boys is I get older and they stay the same age"

http://www.thelynnfamily.net/confused_mac.jpg

Crucifax Autumn
10/19/2007, 01:57 AM
Hilarious! Spek!

retnuH03
10/19/2007, 02:27 AM
I'll take appelwhite at atm anyday

Seamus
10/19/2007, 03:12 AM

He's off somewhere, winding dicks?

skeeterou
10/19/2007, 03:57 AM
Man those fans are delusional. Scary.

fadada1
10/19/2007, 07:35 AM
I read on Texags(not a reliable source btw) that he was going into town for an interview for a high school head coaching job. But again, considering my source it may or may not be reliable
makes about as much sense as a football bat.

your source is retarded. just sayin'.

Mac94
10/19/2007, 11:44 AM
Side note .... Applewhite originally was an Aggie commit out of high school but decommitted after we had an offseason change in offensive coordinators and, of course, he ended up in Austin.

Applewhite will not be at A&M as a head coach ... he will stay in Bama and may be groomed to take over there in time. A&M will look at a more "established" coach ... whether as an HC or coordinator.