PDA

View Full Version : America: The Land Of The Greedy And Home of the Thieves

FaninAma
10/18/2007, 12:15 PM
Counting the IOUs to the Social Security and Medicare Trust Funds + the Official National Debt(now at 9 trillion dollars) + the projected interest on the debt this country has put future generations $50,000,000,000,000 in debt.

We are a country of selfish, greedy, and thoughtless individuals. Next time you look your kids or grandkids younger than 18 in the eyes try to remember how much debt your and my generation have saddled them with.

Have a nice day.

http://www.rense.com/general78/crime.htm

Mjcpr
10/18/2007, 12:27 PM
I figure by the time they grow up, computers and whatnot will be handling it.

Vaevictis
10/18/2007, 12:29 PM
If anyone quoted Milton Friedman, "If you cut taxes without cutting spending, you are not cutting taxes, you are deferring them to your children," we would quickly say we were 'stimulating the economy' and change the subject.

Hear effing hear!

85Sooner
10/18/2007, 12:48 PM
Hear effing hear!

However if you cut taxes while increasing spending you will be better off than if you raise taxes and keep spending. If you don't understand that , go to economics 101.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/18/2007, 12:52 PM
Economics discussion round #695. Two issues: How does economics work, and what are the proper responsibliities of government. Here we go again!

OklahomaTuba
10/18/2007, 01:03 PM
Counting the IOUs to the Social Security and Medicare Trust Funds + the Official National Debt(now at 9 trillion dollars) + the projected interest on the debt this country has put future generations $50,000,000,000,000 in debt.

We are a country of selfish, greedy, and thoughtless individuals. Next time you look your kids or grandkids younger than 18 in the eyes try to remember how much debt your and my generation have saddled them with.

Have a nice day.

And what, may I ask, is the percentage of that to our GDP???

One should look at that number, not the number in dollars.

OklahomaTuba
10/18/2007, 01:06 PM
You want crazy stupid spending? Wait till Billary gets her pants suit into the oval office!

Will the Democratic-controlled Senate approve a $1 million earmark to celebrate Woodstock-era baby boomers, carved out of a bill funding health care and education? It will, because it is sponsored by New York (http://www.washingtonpost.com/ac2/related/topic/New+York?tid=informline)'s influential Democratic senators, Hillary Clinton (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/2008-presidential-candidates/hillary-clinton/) and Charles Schumer (http://projects.washingtonpost.com/congress/members/s000148/). It will, because they are promoting the pet project of a big-time Democratic campaign contributor.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702115_pf.html

Stoop Dawg
10/18/2007, 01:08 PM
We are a country of selfish, greedy, and thoughtless individuals.

And it will be the eventual downfall of our once-great country.

Every time I hear people complain about companies outsourcing to other countries I chuckle to myself.

Howzit
10/18/2007, 01:11 PM
You want crazy stupid spending?

No thank you. I have quite enough from this pointless ****ing Iraq war.

OklahomaTuba
10/18/2007, 01:14 PM
Oops, nevermind, I found it..

Despite the ongoing costs of US military campaigns in Iraq and Afghanistan, the outlook for the federal budget has grown substantially brighter.
Tax revenues are rising much faster than spending, according to Treasury Department numbers released last week. The recent trend is strong enough that, were it to continue, the budget could move into surplus in barely a year, one economist calculates.

Already, the federal deficit is shrinking toward about half the size that it has averaged since 1970, when analyzed as a percentage of gross domestic product.

The budget deficit now stands at about 1.4 percent of the nation's GDP, well below the 2.3 percent that's been the norm since 1970, according to economist Michael Darda of MKM Partners in Greenwich, Conn. "At the current pace, the budget could move back into surplus as early as May 2008," Mr. Darda wrote in a report to clients last week.

http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0221/p01s03-usec.htm

Howzit
10/18/2007, 01:16 PM
I TAKE IT BACK!!!

As long as we have a good percentage to GDP I don't care how pointless the Iraq war is!

SoonerJack
10/18/2007, 01:22 PM
You want crazy stupid spending? Wait till Billary gets her big ***ed pants suit into the oval office!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/10/17/AR2007101702115_pf.html

Fixed.

OklahomaTuba
10/18/2007, 01:22 PM
I TAKE IT BACK!!!

As long as we have a good percentage to GDP I don't care how pointless the Iraq war is!

You know, a lot of good people from this country have given their sweat, blood, limbs and lives beliving in what they were/are doing over there.

Thank GOD we have people over in Iraq killing AQ and Iranian terrorist who don't think their mission is pointless.

Sorry you have such little regard for their sacrifices.

Mjcpr
10/18/2007, 01:23 PM
You know, a lot of good people from this country have given their sweat, blood, limbs and lives beliving in what they were/are doing over there.

Thank GOD we have people over in Iraq killing AQ and Iranian terrorist who don't think their mission is pointless.

You can't talk no dang sense into him.

FaninAma
10/18/2007, 01:34 PM
And what, may I ask, is the percentage of that to our GDP???

One should look at that number, not the number in dollars.

That is such a weak excuse for allowing unbridled spending and debt accumulation by our government officials. Even using that often manipulated figure the current debt/GNP ratio is about 0.7 compared to historical ratios of 0.45 or lesss. And that figure only uses the on-the-book debt figure(9 trillion). It doesn't take into acount the off-the-book debt this country owes to the SS ond Medicare trust funds.

The ratio in WWII was about 1.2. We're expected to pass that(without any major wars like that generation dealt with) in 10 to 20 years.

The country will never, ever, ever pay off its debt. Eventually the debt will become so burdensome that we will default on it. And I'm sure that will be a hugely positive development for the econimy.:rolleyes:

crawfish
10/18/2007, 01:35 PM
You can't talk no dang sense into him.

Which "him" are you talking about?

It could go either way. :D

Howzit
10/18/2007, 01:36 PM

You kiss my *** Tuba. I served in the US Army myself and I have the utmost regard for their sacrifices, this has nothing to do with the men and women on the ground there. I know jk's son personally have nothing but respect for him and every other individual serving there.

My comments are aimed at the reasons for being there in the first place.

Chuck Bao
10/18/2007, 01:42 PM
What a nutter.

I suppose you caught the date on that article, tuba, as Feb '07.

And, I suppose you caught the sub-prime debt problem and the very worrying impact on a bubble turn bust housing market in key economic regions of the US.

Let's just forget about all that. With the stock market rising to near record highs, everyone should feel really good about themselves at the moment, right?

I mean our country's economy is strong because our oil companies are making windfall profits.

It's just too bad that we all have to pay more at the pumps.

Hamhock
10/18/2007, 01:44 PM
You kiss my *** Tuba. I served in the US Army myself and I have the utmost regard for their sacrifices, this has nothing to do with the men and women on the ground there. I know jk's son personally have nothing but respect for him and every other individual serving there.

My comments are aimed at the reasons for being there in the first place.

Howzit loves the terrorrists
Howzit loves the terrorists..

1stTimeCaller
10/18/2007, 02:52 PM
you guys are going to make Tuba post pictures of either the World Trade Center on fire or busses in NewOrleans flooded in a parking lot.

I'd just like to add that when people would rather speak in terms of % and not dollars, they are trying to hide something. Last time I checked you can't buy anything with a percentage but you can buy anything you want with dollars.

SoonerProphet
10/18/2007, 03:04 PM
GDP purportedly is now growing at 3.5%, and everyone seems pleased. What we fail to understand is how much government entitlement spending contributes to the increase in the GDP. Rebuilding infrastructure destroyed by hurricanes, which simply gets us back to even, is considered part of GDP growth. Wall Street profits and salaries, pumped up by the Fed's increase in money, also contribute to GDP statistical growth. Just buying military weapons that contribute nothing to the well being of our citizens, sending money down a rat hole, contributes to GDP growth! Simple price increases caused by Fed monetary inflation contribute to nominal GDP growth. None of these factors represent any kind of real increases in economic output. So we should not carelessly cite misleading GDP figures which don't truly reflect what is happening in the economy. Bogus GDP figures explain in part why so many people are feeling squeezed despite our supposedly booming economy.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul370.html

Hamhock
you guys are going to make Tuba post pictures of either the World Trade Center on fire or busses in NewOrleans flooded in a parking lot.

I'd just like to add that when people would rather speak in terms of % and not dollars, they are trying to hide something. Last time I checked you can't buy anything with a percentage but you can buy anything you want with dollars.

you are 100% idiot.

OklahomaTuba
That is such a weak excuse for allowing unbridled spending and debt accumulation by our government officials. Even using that often manipulated figure the current debt/GNP ratio is about 0.7 compared to historical ratios of 0.45 or lesss. And that figure only uses the on-the-book debt figure(9 trillion). It doesn't take into acount the off-the-book debt this country owes to the SS ond Medicare trust funds.
Of course, if the government did accural accounting the way you suggest, you would be correct.

However, governments do not work that way, and cannot work that way. Its not a weak excuse, its the facts and the reality of the situation. Deal with it and quit going crazy over this stupid stuff.

The ratio in WWII was about 1.2. We're expected to pass that(without any major wars like that generation dealt with) in 10 to 20 years.

Bull Shiat. I'd love to see your source of that data, but either way, its BS.

Here are some facts for you:

WWII cost 40 percent of GDP, Korea 15 percent, Vietnam ten percent, and Iraq less than one percent.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1094/is_3_42/ai_n20525148

OklahomaTuba
10/18/2007, 03:11 PM

Thanks for clearing that one up for us.

OklahomaTuba
10/18/2007, 03:13 PM
Bogus GDP figures explain in part why so many people are feeling squeezed despite our supposedly booming economy.

Ahh of course, the GDP must be all wrong.

All those banks, investors, economist, etc have all been dupped this whole time into believing the economy is good. Thank God for Lew Rockwell!

It's all that Bush's fault, I know it!!!!!!!!!!

PNAC!!!!!!!!!! 9/11Truth.com!!!!!

OklahomaTuba
10/18/2007, 03:15 PM
What a nutter.

I mean our country's economy is strong because our oil companies are making windfall profits.

I'll try not to laugh too hard at this.

Seriously, did you just type this with a straight face??

FaninAma
10/18/2007, 04:16 PM
Tuba,

Do you really think it's good economic practice for the nation to accrue debt at the levels we are currently acruing it?

If a corporation or household continuously accrued debt like that they would go bankrupt eventually.

The Fed and the US Treasury know that the US cannot afford an economic downturn. That's why they are printing money and spending it as fast as they can. They are trying their damndest to prevent a normal business cycle downturn because they know that because of thelevel of debt accrued(public and private) that what in the past might have been a mild to moderate recession could very well turn into a major contraction of our economy(deflationary cycle.)

If the economy goes through a major contraction the government will have to declare bankruptcy....plain and simple. There will not be enough tax revenue to service the debt and meet even basic government services.

The alternative is to monetize the debt by pumping up credit. This will cause massive inflation(something I'm banking on by the way.)

OklahomaTuba
10/18/2007, 08:47 PM
Tuba,

Do you really think it's good economic practice for the nation to accrue debt at the levels we are currently acruing it?

If a corporation or household continuously accrued debt like that they would go bankrupt eventually.

If The facts show we are accruing less debt than we did 30 years ago (and they do) and during that same 30 period we have had the largest economic expansion in history, then yes, I would say it is seems to be working out ok.

And, if we are using that debt to improve the nation's well being, then I don't have a problem with it.

Of course I am all for less taxes and less spending, but I am not wigging out over a 1.4% dept load.

SicEmBaylor
10/18/2007, 08:50 PM
If The facts show we are accruing less debt than we did 30 years ago (and they do) and during that same 30 period we have had the largest economic expansion in history, then yes, I would say it is seems to be working out ok.

And, if we are using that debt to improve the nation's well being, then I don't have a problem with it.

Of course I am all for less taxes and less spending, but I am not wigging out over a 1.4% dept load.

If you cared about less spending you wouldn't be such a fan of the national GOP.

OCUDad
10/18/2007, 09:34 PM
I'd love to see your source of that data, but either way, its BS.That sentence, in a nutshell, explains the sheer folly of trying to have any sort of intelligent dialogue with the Almighty All-Knowing Tuba.

Stoop Dawg
10/19/2007, 10:41 AM
The alternative is to monetize the debt by pumping up credit. This will cause massive inflation(something I'm banking on by the way.)

What types of investments capitalize on inflation? You can PEEM if you want, or just answer here.

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2007, 10:54 AM
That sentence, in a nutshell, explains the sheer folly of trying to have any sort of intelligent dialogue with the Almighty All-Knowing Tuba.

Why is that?

I'd love to see some sort of source trying to claim that WW2 cost the nation only 1.4% of GDP.

It simply isn't true, and that's why I said it is BS. Maybe Lew Rockwell can enlighten us on this. He seems to have a real firm grip on the GDP thing afterall. :D

OklahomaTuba
10/19/2007, 10:56 AM
If you cared about less spending you wouldn't be such a fan of the national GOP.

Well, as the facts show, we are spending less as a % of GDP then we have in the past.

Could we slash things even more? Hell yes.

Should we be spending MORE on the infastructure, education and security? Hell yes X 2.

crawfish
10/19/2007, 11:07 AM
Well, as the facts show, we are spending less as a % of GDP then we have in the past.

Could we slash things even more? Hell yes.

Should we be spending MORE on the infastructure, education and security? Hell yes X 2.

It's so good to see our new, small-government republicans. :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2007, 11:27 AM
It's never good to see our new, small-government republicans. :rolleyes:

Fixed.

badger
10/19/2007, 11:32 AM

Have a nice day.

Don't blame Oklahoma! WE voted for Coburn :D:D:D

Seriously, though. Spendocrats like Hillary would rather have pork barrel now than save the money for a rainy day. Our state is fiscally responsible. We have a huge rainy day fund and we keep our spending in check (although I wish they would spend more on roads and bridges).

I would implore all registered voters to check the records of presidential candidates and their spending habits. Do we want bridges to nowhere, or a financial future to somewhere?

Stoop Dawg
10/19/2007, 11:34 AM
What types of investments capitalize on inflation? You can PEEM if you want, or just answer here.

Stoop, you'll want to check out foreign currencies, precious metals, and TIPS (inflation protected bonds). Or, if you're lazy like me, find a mutual fund that invests in these things.

Under no circumstance, however, should you bury your cash in mason jars in the back yard!! (Sorry, couldn't resist.)

YWIA.

Stoop Dawg
10/19/2007, 11:36 AM
I would implore all registered voters to check the records of presidential candidates and their spending habits. Do we want bridges to nowhere, or a financial future to somewhere?

It's too late, the damage is done.

I think I'm actually going to vote for the biggest spender. This will hurry along the unavoidable recession/inflation and score me some big bucks.

SoonerProphet
10/19/2007, 12:38 PM
Why is that?

I'd love to see some sort of source trying to claim that WW2 cost the nation only 1.4% of GDP.

It simply isn't true, and that's why I said it is BS. Maybe Lew Rockwell can enlighten us on this. He seems to have a real firm grip on the GDP thing afterall. :D

Well, sorry but I ain't buying anything that counts government expenditures as part of the productive output of the nation.

Dio
10/19/2007, 01:08 PM
You want crazy stupid spending? Wait till Billary gets her pants suit into the oval office!

Coburn got this shot down, btw.

badger
10/19/2007, 01:10 PM
It's too late, the damage is done.

I think I'm actually going to vote for the biggest spender. This will hurry along the unavoidable recession/inflation and score me some big bucks.
http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/5245/hillbillypa6.jpg
Spend more tax dollars to save tax dollars? Uggggghhhh. Throw this guy an orange or dozen ;)

LosAngelesSooner
10/19/2007, 02:34 PM

My comments are aimed at the reasons for being there in the first place. Tuba, like the fools who called Murtha a coward or the ones who suggested that John Kerry (no matter how hideously boring and pedantic he may be) wasn't a real soldier, thinks it's okay to insult the patriotism of veterans despite the fact that he's never served.

Based entirely on the "fact" that he's a "good Republican."

:rolleyes:

LosAngelesSooner
10/19/2007, 02:36 PM
Last time I checked you can't buy anything with a percentage but you can buy anything you want with dollars.
Not so fast, my friend.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/pete_mcentegart/11/07/ten.spot/p1_dempsey.jpg

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2007, 02:41 PM
Not so fast, my friend.
http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2006/writers/pete_mcentegart/11/07/ten.spot/p1_dempsey.jpg
Money may not be able to buy you love, but I bet you can rent it.

LosAngelesSooner
10/19/2007, 02:42 PM
Money may not be able to buy you love, but I bet you can rent it.
Not the emotion, but the act, anyway.

And quite cheaply out here in LA, I might add. ;)

SicEmBaylor
10/19/2007, 02:45 PM
Not the emotion, but the act, anyway.

And quite cheaply out here in LA, I might add. ;)

Well, hook a brotha up.