PDA

View Full Version : Copper Restoration - anybody been there...do you know?

CUinNC
10/17/2007, 05:50 PM
Copper Restoration - the dainty stuff....HELP
Greetings - anyone familiar with the cleaning & restoration of Copper pieces?..

Wife bought a great looking domed chafing dish, bit it's full of fine decoration & grooves throughout....I don't wanna ruin this piece.;)

Over the counter stuff has not worked...exposed surfaces have a very heavy & green surface covering & will not give....inside areas have a heavy black patina..(I think it's copper-over-tin)

Anyone ever been charged with reclamation of something this stubborn? (and yes, I have used an extreme amount of good 'ol elbow grease to try & clean without damaging)

My Best & thanks for any all-knowing advice in advance...I'll try anything...and yes, I will be reciprocating in kind with something for 'ya should it work, cause it will save the heartache of me Effin' this up

olevetonahill
10/17/2007, 07:59 PM
Copper Restoration - the dainty stuff....HELP
Greetings - anyone familiar with the cleaning & restoration of Copper pieces?..

Wife bought a great looking domed chafing dish, bit it's full of fine decoration & grooves throughout....I don't wanna ruin this piece.;)

Over the counter stuff has not worked...exposed surfaces have a very heavy & green surface covering & will not give....inside areas have a heavy black patina..(I think it's copper-over-tin)

Anyone ever been charged with reclamation of something this stubborn? (and yes, I have used an extreme amount of good 'ol elbow grease to try & clean without damaging)

My Best & thanks for any all-knowing advice in advance...I'll try anything...and yes, I will be reciprocating in kind with something for 'ya should it work, cause it will save the heartache of me Effin' this up

Last time I did anything like that I just used Brazo/ braso ?