PDA

View Full Version : Just win Kansas!!!!!!!!!

Soonermagik
10/17/2007, 11:07 AM
We really need Kansas to win out or be ranked in the top 10. If we play them in the conference championship our rankings would jump drastically in the computer i.e. it is the last game of the season!!! If we play Missouri again we aren't going to get any credit since we have already beat them.

However, if we play Colorado that would erase that loss in the voters minds. So, we either need to play Colorado or a highly ranked Kansas team. If we can do either of those we are pretty much guaranteed a spot in the title game. :D

CincySooner
10/17/2007, 11:22 AM
Colorado needs to win as much as possible.

CitySooner
10/17/2007, 11:26 AM
If the mighty Crimson win out they will be in the championship game. I seriously doubt all the teams ranked above them will go without losing again. Yeah, it would be cool to beat an undefeated Kansas team, but that will only come into play as a major factor if the before mentioned teams don't lose. I think they dropped the rule where you don't get points for beating the same team twice, so another victory over Mizzou would count just the same.

Soonermagik
10/17/2007, 12:18 PM
If the mighty Crimson win out they will be in the championship game. I seriously doubt all the teams ranked above them will go without losing again. Yeah, it would be cool to beat an undefeated Kansas team, but that will only come into play as a major factor if the before mentioned teams don't lose. I think they dropped the rule where you don't get points for beating the same team twice, so another victory over Mizzou would count just the same.

Yeah, I think you are right about beating a team twice in the BCS' eyes, but I was talking about the voters eyes. If we play Missouri in the Championship game and beat them by 10 it won't really mean anything to voters since we have already done that. Just my .02 cents, but if we beat a high ranked Kansas team or avenge Colorado then we should be there.

SoonerJack
10/17/2007, 12:51 PM
I hope we get Kansas in the B12 championship game. It would go a little way toward salving the sting of their basketball championship win in 1988. I hate them.

CitySooner
10/17/2007, 12:59 PM
Valid point SoonerMagik ;) . The voters probably would not give us much credence. That said, bring on the Jayhawks!

yermom
10/17/2007, 01:04 PM
beating an undefeated KU team would be really nice

for the computers though, i doubt it matters that much who we root for. if KU beats CU, ISU and Mizzou then our SOS drops. i think it would probably make up for it getting a new opponent to help our SOS though as opposed to adding another loss to a team we have already beaten

otherwise, we need the teams we play to beat the teams we don't play in conference

StoopTroup
10/17/2007, 01:08 PM
I think I know who Mangino will pick to win.

http://kermittheblog.files.wordpress.com/2007/06/mangino.jpg

85sooners
10/17/2007, 01:49 PM
kansas will win the north

yermom
10/17/2007, 02:14 PM
i think it depends on what happens with Mizzou this weekend

Landthief 1972
10/17/2007, 02:59 PM
If the mighty [COLOR="Red"]Crimson [COLOR="Black"]win out they will be in the championship game.

Unless of course, North Texas, Miami and Utah State keep losing, and if Colorado falls apart after that loss to Kansas State, and if our marquee win over Mizzou diminishes if they lose a few on what is a very tough road schedule the rest of the way.

All we can do on our end is win out, but that hardly guarantees we'll be playing for all the marbles.

cs6000
10/17/2007, 05:35 PM
It seems like the algorithms point me to root for Kansas to win the north. It would also make for a more unique Big 12 Championship. Revenge, however, is a huge motivator; who wouldn't want another crack at Colorado?

To people on the outside, though, do they really care? If we were to beat Colorado, there are some that would only dwell on the first loss.
The beauty of the deal, is that it doesn't matter what we want. Other forces will decide.

badger
10/17/2007, 05:43 PM
Mark Mangino is a Stoops-underling success story, as is Mike Leach. Shall we review Mack Brown's underling's records now?
- The Cyclones are 1-5 in Chizik's initial season. Their final six opponents have a combined record of 26-7, starting with No. 23 Texas (4-2).

- Greg Robinson, who preceded Chizik as the Longhorns' defensive coordinator, owns a 6-23 mark in three seasons at Syracuse.

- Dick Tomey, a former head coach at Hawaii and Arizona, was a member of Brown's staff in 2004. He is 15-15 since taking over the San Jose State program.

- Tim Brewster became Minnesota's coach in January, and shares many of the same challenges as Chizik. The Gophers also are 1-5.

Suck suck suck suck :D

AlbqSooner
10/17/2007, 08:21 PM
If I recall correctly the BCS pairings are to be announced Dec 2. Makes me wonder just how much the Big XII Championship will impact the standings. Many of the voters will have cast their ballots and gone to bed before the game is over.

yermom
10/17/2007, 09:05 PM
it's always been that way

the coaches and AP put out their polls the day after all the games are over and the final BCS is calculated and released on Sunday instead of Monday like it used to be

i don't see why the Harris Poll should be any more difficult to get out on Sunday. there are usually only like 2-3 games on that day anyway

Soonerus
10/17/2007, 09:10 PM
Quit talking about all of these permutations so early...that is what was going on before the Colorado game...Win each week and everything will take care of itself...

CatfishSooner
10/17/2007, 09:12 PM
Quit talking about all of these permutations so early...that is what was going on before the Colorado game...Win each week and everything will take care of itself...

yup :les:

rfhlandstealer
10/17/2007, 09:22 PM
If Kansas and OU did not loose another game and others such as BC, Ohio State, can't believe I'm writing this South Florida loose one. Then yes Kansas would be the best option to play for the big twelve title.

Crucifax Autumn
10/18/2007, 01:23 AM
"loose"

Ha-Ha!