PDA

View Full Version : LSU Fans

sooner-n-ga
10/16/2007, 04:44 PM
I had a 1 1/2 hour lay-over in Atlanta on my way home Sunday and I watched 50 to 60 LSU fans come thru the airport on their way home. All they could when they saw my OU stuff is smile and shake their heads in disbelief. You could tell that the loss hadn't set in yet.

85sooners
10/16/2007, 04:46 PM
tiger bait tiger bait!!!!!!

tommieharris91
10/16/2007, 04:46 PM
I'm surprised they didn't try to kick your *** for no reason.

birddog
10/16/2007, 04:47 PM
I'm surprised they didn't try to kick your *** for no reason.
or throw some mini liquor bottles at his noggin.

TUSooner
10/16/2007, 08:01 PM
or throw some mini liquor bottles at his noggin.

At least you know they would have been empties.

LSU fans are actually pretty decent when they lose.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/16/2007, 08:11 PM
Whadda you mean "shake their heads in disbelief"?

Intown
10/16/2007, 08:39 PM
I'm sure they have a few good fans, some probably shower. But for the most part, the best part of many of them was the wet spot left on the sheets.

From what I saw this week-end I have to admit the people in stoolwater aren't so bad.

I was at a sports bar in Uptown Dallas during the OU game and a big group of lsu fans started chanting KU sucks right after the final OT. Me and another OU fan noticed and pretty much agreed they have more scum ball supporters per capita than other teams. I'm just hoping Saban gets it together and puts an end to lsu's run.

Of course it wouldn't kill me to see an OU lsu post season match up on a neutral site.

Oh ya- lsu has ugly chick fans

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2007, 11:46 PM
I can't comment or I'll get in trouble!

Sooner_Havok
10/17/2007, 12:03 AM
You too

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2007, 12:07 AM
I think as long as I avoid the "family tradition" side of making fun of southerners I'm safe, but I'll still stay out of this one. Don't wanna be deprived of a week or 2 of love/hate for my Schooner threads!

StoopTroup
10/17/2007, 12:15 AM
Wuss. :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2007, 01:18 AM
I love the negative attention of other teams' fans. I've told the story before, but when I lived in Austin a bunch of friends and I went to a joint called Pete's Peanut Bar. It's a raucous place, assuming it's still there, with a 2 story piano bar setting. They have a Valby-esque guy singing and playing the piano with crown intervention and participation. First off I was in the 6th Street area in a Sooner shirt and cap. We got drunk and made fun of friends and strangers being jackasses on the little raised stage.

As the night wore on, I got bold about my attire and started moving around the bar more. I came back to the table after one of these meanderings and a whorn friend commented on my shirt. I gave some stock reply and we all went on drinking and laughing. It was ****ing me off that the whorn had commented, so I was struck with a brilliant idea.

I wandered down to the stage and tossed the piano man a few bucks to play Boomer Sooner. He hesitated a second, then either decided it would be fun to cause a riot or assumed the crowd would play nice.

He began playing and everyone in the place was booing and hissing. Before I could make it back to the table, some whorn had made his way to the piano man. He matched my tip and suddenly my ears were on the verge of bleeding as they were forced to swallow the giant wad that is "the eyes of texass".

I immediately turned on the stairs back to the table, heading back the direction I'd come. Or at least I did some semblance of that, but after a night of mixed drinks and beer (many of both I'd never even heard of!) stairs can be a little more fun than even the most drunken of us can truly be seeking.

When I arrived at the illegitamate son of Billy Joel and Dr. Demento again, I slipped him about 10 bucks and he immediately slid his playing back into Booner Sooner. He didn't even notice the Texan still standing there alongside me until he pulled a 20 or thereabouts.

We played this game forward and back about 4-5 more times. The Texan was looking desperate. I'm guessing by the look of him that he was regretting what he'd layed down thus far. Not wanting to hear another single note of that much more gratuitus and stupid bastardization than anything in Blazing Saddles of a railroad spiritual song, I threw down some ridiculous anount I don't remember and would probably be embarrassed to admit and listened my way back along the journey up the stairs and to the table and eventually arrived at a group of laughing and smiling friends who all agreed it was one of the funnier sports/bar events of all time, but that my balls were bigger than a prize-winning melon.

That burst of energy just got me drinking more and in time I was the third of our gang to puke on the floor and the third to be asked to leave. Now keep in mind I had a designated driver that particular night. When the waitress chick came along with a bouncer and said I'd have to leave I told 'em both that if I left I was heading straight to my car or a cop, whichever I arrived at soonest and if I made the car first and wiped out I'd say who served me each and every drink and issued some similar threat for if I found a cop first.

Next thing I knew, I had cold damp towels, loads of ice, Dr. Pepper, and water. They basically nursed me back to good to go and left us alone the rest of the night.

:D

KantoSooner
10/17/2007, 01:34 AM
Texians can be nice when properly motivated.

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2007, 01:49 AM
I know plenty of nice Texans. It's just a shame they seem to be so football illiterate as a whole. Seems like most of 'em can tell you everything about the top 10 schools in every division in high school or quote the current season stats of any Cowboy player, but other than the whorns, they seem to know about as much about football as I know about the private life of Herbert Hoover.

CtheB
10/17/2007, 04:16 AM
I honestly can say the biggest upset in your entire story is that 50-60 LSU fans in one gathering actually had nothing to say. I would've taken a picture, because all I remember is that their mouths are like the Energizer Bunny....they just keep going and going......you get the picture.

Do you have visual evidence of this phenomenon?