PDA

View Full Version : How does Nebraska Finish the Year?

stoopified
10/16/2007, 04:30 PM
Following the dismissal of the AD and with Callahan on the hot seat,does the Husker team regroup or fold?

I think this Saturday is NU's beat shot at a win for the rest of the year.If they can win maybe they can finish 6-6 and go to Shreveport.Lose to aTm at home and losses to KU,UT,KSU, and CU at Boulder are all likely.

I actually think NU will pull out the aTm game but think any other win is a longshot.

Oldnslo
10/16/2007, 04:35 PM
I'll take "fold" for $200, Alex.

which succs, as I have them getting 10 points vs. TX. But now, 10 may not be enuff

budbarrybob
10/16/2007, 04:36 PM
cheap suit...
tent...
card table...

cs6000
10/16/2007, 04:41 PM
Callahan and Blake will leave to join Smellinbourbon.

85sooners
10/16/2007, 04:45 PM
you mean the west coast slasher??

humblesooner
10/16/2007, 04:46 PM
I had not looked at their remaining schedule, but there is a better than average chance that they lose out.
That would be what you would call Rock Bottom.

fadada1
10/16/2007, 04:46 PM
just so they're not suprised their next home game, they should call osu and ask what it's like to have a half-full stadium.

swardboy
10/16/2007, 04:49 PM
Wonder what sam keller is thinking right now.....

Veritas
10/16/2007, 05:01 PM
Following the dismissal of the AD and with Callahan on the hot seat,does the Husker team regroup or fold?

I think this Saturday is NU's beat shot at a win for the rest of the year.If they can win maybe they can finish 6-6 and go to Shreveport.Lose to aTm at home and losses to KU,UT,KSU, and CU at Boulder are all likely.

I actually think NU will pull out the aTm game but think any other win is a longshot.
What he said.

mfosterftw
10/16/2007, 05:08 PM
Callahan and Blake will leave to join Smellinbourbon.

Blake has been gone since December...

http://tarheelblue.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/121506aab.html

Soonerfan1993
10/16/2007, 05:51 PM
Wonder what sam keller is thinking right now.....

He's thinking he sucks. 11 TD to 10 INT's. With basically the same offense last year Taylor tore it up.

KantoSooner
10/16/2007, 05:53 PM
Let's put it this way: OU's recruiters should get to know the Omaha airport real well the next few years, because the hot recruits are going to want to join a winning program.

OUmillenium
10/16/2007, 06:07 PM
oooh I'm sorry, you did not phrase that in the form of a question!

I like the way you think Kanto. Have we ever had a recruit from Nebraska?

BermudaSooner
10/16/2007, 06:29 PM
I like NU being good, but for the benefit of all, I hope they lose out and get a real coach.

MichiganSooner
10/16/2007, 06:39 PM
Any chance the new AD would rehire Solich?

Stitch Face
10/16/2007, 06:44 PM
Any chance the new AD would rehire Solich?

Would he Frank that Solich?

SOONER STEAKER
10/16/2007, 06:46 PM
Turner Gill returns as HC. With his connections to the east coast, he should be able to recruit well.

aero
10/16/2007, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the lost out. Sounds like the players have quit the coach. Neb can't get rid of callahan quick enough but they're stuck until season's end, barring 1 or max. 2 more embarrassing losses, in which case they'll have to separate or lose the entire states corn harvest due to uncontrollable firestorms that would make california's look like a weinie roast. l. If they axed him now, they'd have to promote an asst. to interim with the minuscule but still possibility of winning some games or even the rest of their games. That would only fracture the fan/booster base between those calling for complete overhaul and those that would grasp at a hint of positive movement. My guess is NOBODY from that staff stands a chance of being the next coach and they don't want to give any hint to the fans/booster/players/recruits that's a possibility.

royalfan5
10/16/2007, 08:01 PM
There's enough offensive talent to reach up from the grave and choke somebody. But that will happen once, and then checks will be written for buyouts.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/16/2007, 08:23 PM
I don't see Callahan even there at the end of the year. I bet he's gonzo and Tom will lead the remainder of the staff through the end of the season, with promises of reviewing their individual performances... and heck, may even retain a couple-three assistants to keep the recruiting up and running. But he'll use his extensive connections to background check every hot commodity coach in the country and will act real fast landing a top name.

Guess 1: Schiano from Rutgers.

NU used to have quite the NJ and FL pipeline, and Schiano has hit both areas hard for talent and knows the territory. And he preaches hard-nosed pound the rock and loosen 'em up with a pass here and there football, which is exactly what NU needs. (At least IMHO.)

stoopified
10/16/2007, 08:50 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the lost out. Sounds like the players have quit the coach. Neb can't get rid of callahan quick enough but they're stuck until season's end, barring 1 or max. 2 more embarrassing losses, in which case they'll have to separate or lose the entire states corn harvest due to uncontrollable firestorms that would make california's look like a weinie roast. l. If they axed him now, they'd have to promote an asst. to interim with the minuscule but still possibility of winning some games or even the rest of their games. That would only fracture the fan/booster base between those calling for complete overhaul and those that would grasp at a hint of positive movement. My guess is NOBODY from that staff stands a chance of being the next coach and they don't want to give any hint to the fans/booster/players/recruits that's a possibility.
You know its not like they haven't given a staff member the job before on an interm basis(Pellini),but of course they pulled the rug out from under him.

I think Pellini would be a good hire BUT if I was him I wouldn't take it. There is an old saying:Fool me once,shame on you BUT fool me twice,shame on me.

aero
10/16/2007, 09:34 PM
You know its not like they haven't given a staff member the job before on an interm basis(Pellini),but of course they pulled the rug out from under him.

I think Pellini would be a good hire BUT if I was him I wouldn't take it. There is an old saying:Fool me once,shame on you BUT fool me twice,shame on me.
I'm aware of that but there is a lot of animosity towards this staff/ex-AD that hasen't been there in quite awhile. I think they will also be careful of how the staff is treated/released as they don't want anyone saying they treated them just as bad as Pederson/callahan did with the ones they let go. And yes, there seems to be a fondness for Pellini and I think he would go back given a house cleaning. That almost seems too easy of a pick, though. I think TO tries to think this one through. Interesting.