PDA

View Full Version : Predictions for the Upcoming Season

stoopified
10/16/2007, 04:14 PM
I see OU going 10-6 in the conference and 19-9 heading into Big12 Tourney.I figure with a 1-1 split in the tourney we would be 20-10 andraedy to get back to The Dance.I think that 10-6 or 9-7 would get us a 4th or 5th place finish in conference and with a decent showing by the conference as a whole,that should be enough to get he Invite.IF the conference sucks(like last year) we could actually be better in conference andstill qualify.

Bottom line for the Sooners this year is that more talent and a year for the veterans to learn the system equals substantial improvement.Other teams are having to adjust to loss of key players and in some cases have new cpaches so the chance is there for the taking.

soonervegas
10/16/2007, 04:37 PM
Unless something drastic happens we will play 31 games this season. The 2k Sports College Hoops Classic should be good for 4 games, unless we get upset by some no-name at home. I am going with:

19-12 overall
9-7 Big 12 conference

Get through 2 rounds of the big 12 tourney only to lose in the semi's. 21-13 overall and strong consideration for the NIT.

I think we will be much better, but our non-conference schedule is BRUTAL.

william_brasky
10/16/2007, 07:50 PM
31-0 :D

tommieharris91
10/16/2007, 08:14 PM
Who's playing in that tourney in NYC?

EDIT: Teams of note are OU, Kentucky, UConn, and Memphis. I really don't see us winning one of those games.

william_brasky
10/16/2007, 08:25 PM
Who's playing in that tourney in NYC?

EDIT: Teams of note are OU, Kentucky, UConn, and Memphis. I really don't see us winning one of those games.

I don't see us winning one of those games either.

I see us winning any and all of those games. Oh yeah!!!!

stoopified
10/16/2007, 08:57 PM
21-13 is a mortal lock for NIT.I do have us winning a couple of NAME GAMES in nonconference which would nudge us into NCAA when combined with some NAME conference wins

I think Blake (THE BEAST) will make a maor impact teaming up down low with L2I am hoping that Leary can give us average play at least at point.With guys like Cade,Neysmith,Clark(assuming he is 100%) as well as Leary and Blake,added to OUr vets we have more size,depth,talent,than last year.

texashater#1
10/17/2007, 03:24 PM
im thinking 18 or 19 wins will be the number. were still a pretty young team

SoonerBOI
10/19/2007, 08:46 PM
If I think like a moronic uso fan, I say we make it to the Big XII CG. After that we got to the FINAL FOUR. :D

But I'm a realist. It is a young team. I say 18 -13.:)

NormanPride
10/22/2007, 03:50 PM
I'd predict a stronger presence on the road with our improved inside game, but less ability to shock the better teams with our weak outside game. Capel actually came out and said it was a concern for him, I believe. That tells me that he's thinking we'll hit about 2-3 from behind the arc this season on blind luck. ;)

We'll know a lot about our team early on, no matter what.

thatmediadude
10/22/2007, 09:37 PM
20-11. Gotta lotta size down low. the griffin bros with bang around, and hopefully we can get some consistency out of Longar. Godbold adds 10ppg or so and we will be fine...possible 10 or 11 seed in the tourney if we have a good showing at the big 12 tourney.

Ash
10/22/2007, 10:12 PM
Outside shot is a concern as others have mentioned, but so is scoring in general. Who's going to be the go-to guy that can get a bucket when the team needs it? Who can create on their own?

Looking at the schedule, I think 18-19 wins is realistic, it means we beat who we should beat and at least split the toss-up conference games and beat Nebraska on the road.

We go to USC, the NYC tourney which has some good teams, Arkansas and the Big 12 is going to have some tough teams - just depends on how the coaching changes affect some of those teams. 20 or more wins means we either pulled off a few good upsets and maybe deserve a look by the tourney committee or some teams were down that were supposed to be good.

It's still a rebuilding team, going to be exciting to watch how it shakes out but probably some more ups and downs.

william_brasky
10/22/2007, 10:18 PM
we'll all be wearing these t-shirts at the end of the season:

http://paizo.com/image/product/clothing/undefeated_t-shirt_500.jpg

william_brasky
10/22/2007, 10:20 PM
nm

stoopified
11/19/2007, 02:06 PM
At 4-1 OU is right on schedhule for my predicted 20-10

OUmillenium
11/19/2007, 06:07 PM
I think our chances for the Big Dance are looking good. Depth inside is nice...it all hinges on guard play and D now...insert Capel magic.

soonervegas
11/20/2007, 05:25 PM
I had the team at 3-2 right now. (0-2 in NYC) so they are a game up on my prediction.

the_ouskull
11/20/2007, 05:41 PM
I don't want to predict a season record. I think that we'll compete for the South until late in the season, when our lack of consistent point guard play will hurt us. I think it's great that we have a lot of quality big men, but I'd trade a couple of them (take Longar and anybody else but Blake) for a point guard that could get the rest of them the ball in the post and an open shot for himself from time to time.

If Longar can avoid the ball on offense and avoid foul trouble on defense, we'll be a much better team. If our guards are able to hit open jump shots, we'll contend for the South. If they're not, then we'll have problems. I say this 'cause I don't think we're athletic enough at the wing to be a go-to-the-rack kinda team. None of our wings have the right combination of height, athletic ability, and handle to be a threat to finish at the rim on a regular basis... so, we need to be able to knock down the 3rd part of the drive and dish... the d*mn jumper.

the_ouskull

OU_Sooners75
11/20/2007, 07:00 PM
I think OU will get a first round bye in the Big 12 Tourney. I also think OU will have a good chance to make the big dance.