PDA

View Full Version : Denver Question

TexasLidig8r
10/16/2007, 03:10 PM
I'm in Denver on Friday of this week.

Do any of you hillbillies know of any great places to eat... upper scale steak or Pan-Asian preferably?

Mucho thanks.

IB4OU2
10/16/2007, 03:12 PM
Baby Does....If they're still there.

Petro-Sooner
10/16/2007, 03:20 PM
the sizzler makes a great sirlion.

heh...........I'm hilarious.

C&CDean
10/16/2007, 03:20 PM
WTF is "pan-asian??"

What's wrong with Thai? Or Chinese? Or Korean? Does saying "pan-asian" make you more homometrosexual or something? You suspender wearing yuppy lawyers kill me sometimes.

And if you want a good steak in Denver just pick up the American Way magazine. I'm pretty sure it lists one or two in the Denver area. But it would never say "upper-scale steak houses" because that sounds way too homometrosexual.

1stTimeCaller
10/16/2007, 03:36 PM
The Chop House.

YWIA

TexasLidig8r
10/16/2007, 03:59 PM
WTF is "pan-asian??"

What's wrong with Thai? Or Chinese? Or Korean? Does saying "pan-asian" make you more homometrosexual or something? You suspender wearing yuppy lawyers kill me sometimes.

And if you want a good steak in Denver just pick up the American Way magazine. I'm pretty sure it lists one or two in the Denver area. But it would never say "upper-scale steak houses" because that sounds way too homometrosexual.

Hillbillies :rolleyes:

Pan-Asia usually involves menu of fusion cuisine with the fresh ingredients available blending authentic flavors from Thailand, southern India, Vietnam, China .. pretty much the Pacific rim.

By way of example, go to shinseirestaurant.com.

Shin sei is a great restaurant here in Dallas.. oh, and its chef Casey Thompson (recently a finalist on Top Chef) is smokin' hot... very personable.

And... I do NOT wear suspenders (or braces).. that is too.. 80s....

Finally... the term "metrosexual" is so... yesterday. The term of art being bandied about is "ubersexual".. :D

OCUDad
10/16/2007, 04:36 PM
The term of art being bandied about me is "undersexual".. :DFixed.

Oldnslo
10/16/2007, 04:41 PM
The term of art being bandied about me is "asexual".. :D
REALLY fixed. But good.

TexasLidig8r
10/16/2007, 04:58 PM
REALLY fixed. But good.

You got me cornfuzzled with Sic ! :D

Mjcpr
10/16/2007, 06:27 PM
The Chop House.

YWIA

Is it upper scale though? I'm not sure if you saw it or not but he specifically requested upper scale.

soonerboomer93
10/16/2007, 07:02 PM
just go to LoDo

you'll find what you'll looking for

C&CDean
10/16/2007, 07:11 PM
Hillbillies :rolleyes:

Pan-Asia usually involves menu of fusion cuisine with the fresh ingredients available blending authentic flavors from Thailand, southern India, Vietnam, China .. pretty much the Pacific rim.

By way of example, go to shinseirestaurant.com.

Shin sei is a great restaurant here in Dallas.. oh, and its chef Casey Thompson (recently a finalist on Top Chef) is smokin' hot... very personable.

And... I do NOT wear suspenders (or braces).. that is too.. 80s....

Finally... the term "metrosexual" is so... yesterday. The term of art being bandied about is "ubersexual".. :D

1. When I go to eat asian food, it better be cooked by somebody with slanted eyes. Somehow I'm thinking this Casey Thompson has a vertical gash.

2. I don't keep up with the latest fads.

3. Which fad are you going to fall for next? Bowties?

I'm thinking you'd have a lot more fun if you didn't worry about the groovy quotion of what you're doing/wearing/eating. Go hit the Chong Wah buffet or the Sirloin Stockade. It all turns to **** in the end. All that $75 steak comes out stinking just as bad as the $8 one does.

1stTimeCaller
10/16/2007, 07:22 PM
Somehow I'm thinking this Casey Thompson has a vertical gash.

not so fast my friend... this is Lid we're talking about.

C&CDean
10/16/2007, 07:25 PM
True enough. I know more Caseys with schlongs than I do with p-chis.

Petro-Sooner
10/16/2007, 07:25 PM
Go hit the Pei Wei, authentic asian at its best. YWIA

:D :D :texan:

TexasLidig8r
10/16/2007, 10:50 PM
1. When I go to eat asian food, it better be cooked by somebody with slanted eyes. Somehow I'm thinking this Casey Thompson has a vertical gash.

2. I don't keep up with the latest fads.

3. Which fad are you going to fall for next? Bowties?

I'm thinking you'd have a lot more fun if you didn't worry about the groovy quotion of what you're doing/wearing/eating. Go hit the Chong Wah buffet or the Sirloin Stockade. It all turns to **** in the end. All that $75 steak comes out stinking just as bad as the $8 one does.

Dean.. Dean.. Dean....

Bow ties will never be fadish... Anyway, People dress like hell for the most part now.

And.. it's not the groovy quotient.... it's what tastes good. And Shirley, even you can taste the difference between a $75 Kobe beef steak and an $8 overcooked Mystery Meat from Western Sizzlin....

Its the difference between fresh vegetables and veggies from a can....

Don't be afraid to try new things Kemo Sabe... exercise that open mind.. broaden your horizons! Share a cigar with Sic!

OCUDad
10/16/2007, 10:52 PM
Share a cigar with Sic!Don't do it! God knows where that cigar has been.

King Crimson
10/16/2007, 11:29 PM
Fusion is pretty "90's" if you wanna get right down to it, but....

search the westword site, or email the WW food writer, Jason Sheehan. he's OK, and knows Denver pretty well. that's a place to start.

http://restaurants.westword.com/search/restaurants.php?region=&price=&feature=&cuisine=Fusion

King Crimson
10/16/2007, 11:38 PM
Is it upper scale though? I'm not sure if you saw it or not but he specifically requested upper scale.

Chop House is pretty 'spensive if the steak thing wins out.

on the fusion topic, from just a brief once over i'd say Vesta Grill (there are multiple reviews at the link i posted) is a good bet since it has the advantage of being downtown, pricey, and a critic's pick. but, i've never been there. 1515 is also downtown. and L'Asie Fusion Bistro is just southeast of downtown. closer to downtown on the weekend, better scenery.

C&CDean
10/17/2007, 07:49 AM
Dean.. Dean.. Dean....

Bow ties will never be fadish... Anyway, People dress like hell for the most part now.

And.. it's not the groovy quotient.... it's what tastes good. And Shirley, even you can taste the difference between a $75 Kobe beef steak and an $8 overcooked Mystery Meat from Western Sizzlin....

Its the difference between fresh vegetables and veggies from a can....

Don't be afraid to try new things Kemo Sabe... exercise that open mind.. broaden your horizons! Share a cigar with Sic!

Dude, I have tried it all. Multiple times. I've stood in line for over 2 hours in the rain to eat at St. Elmos in Indy. I've eaten at Del Frisco, Shula's, Paddy's on Rainwater, several Ruth's Chris, and all the Fogo de Meat places. I've eaten at stupidly expensive sushi joints in many cities.

I've got "Deano Beef" at the house. We butchered an angus calf about a month ago. I fed her out on corn, grain, grass, and hay. When I've got a freezer full of the best beef in town, why would I go out and spend the same amount for a single steak that it cost me for half a beef? It cost me $210 to have her butchered.

Yes, I know that not everybody has fresh beef available in the back yard, and yes, I know that treating yourself to a great steak is something you need to do from time-to-time, just quit trying to be so "whateverthehellyoucallitthesedays." Go get your grub on, and I'll leave the nasty cigars to you and your boy wonder.

TexasLidig8r
10/17/2007, 08:24 AM
I've got "Deano Beef" at the house. We butchered an angus calf about a month ago. I fed her out on corn, grain, grass, and hay. When I've got a freezer full of the best beef in town, why would I go out and spend the same amount for a single steak that it cost me for half a beef? It cost me $210 to have her butchered.

Thanks for the invitation. :mad:

oh.. and a sincere thanks to others for the suggestions.

Oldnslo
10/17/2007, 10:06 AM
Although I had dearly hoped that this thread would turn into a "dogpile on Lid" via editing of his quote, I see that the rest of you Hillbillies missed the chance.

The best steak I can recall having was in Vegas at Boa. A Kobe tenderloin. With Australian lobstertail for the surf-n-turf. It was served with foie gras and roasted garlic. $150. Best. Evar.

It became a wonderful turd. Almost a Roy Rogers. You know, where it circles the bowl like a lasso? I could've taken a picture. It was so beautiful, I nearly cried.

The end.

Howzit
10/17/2007, 10:11 AM
Although I had dearly hoped that this thread would turn into a "dogpile on Lid" via editing of his quote, I see that the rest of you Hillbillies missed the chance.

The best steak I can recall having was in Vegas at Boa. A Kobe tenderloin. With Australian lobstertail for the surf-n-turf. It was served with foie gras and roasted garlic. $150. Best. Evar.

It became a wonderful turd. Almost a Roy Rogers. You know, where it circles the bowl like a lasso? I could've taken a picture. It was so beautiful, I nearly cried.

The end.

What wasted Hot Carl potential! JohnnyMack will be soooo disappointed!

IB4OU2
10/17/2007, 10:12 AM

The end.

I call those longwhorns.

C&CDean
10/17/2007, 10:41 AM

The end.

You paid $150 for a steak in Vegas? Foolishness.

I just go drop a couple thou on the blackjack table and I get my steak for free. I'm smart like that.

Oldnslo
10/17/2007, 10:47 AM
Dean, I'm trying to take this thread in a whole different direction.

For instance, I'd always heard that a dry dock was when your pile went out of the water. But, from my here, I've learned that a dry dock is completely different.

Upper decker, however, is the same as always. Everywhere.

Just trying to learn.

C&CDean
10/17/2007, 10:55 AM
What a ****ty thing to say to me.

Partial Qualifier
10/17/2007, 11:16 AM
This thread has gone in the crapper.

M
10/17/2007, 11:30 AM

The end.

Maybe you could call the European Fecal Standards and Measurements Board and challenge Randy Marsh's record for the Biggest Crap Ever.

handcrafted
10/17/2007, 02:48 PM
I'm in Denver on Friday of this week.

Do any of you hillbillies know of any gay bars?

Mucho thanks.

Fixed. :D