PDA

View Full Version : HYPOTHETICALLY....

StoopTroup
10/16/2007, 12:50 PM
...the way teams are lining up so far in the season....

If we got a shot at another MNC this year...

Of these fOUr teams...who would you love to see us play for all the marbles?

BermudaSooner
10/16/2007, 12:58 PM
We've got scoreboard on OSU and Oregon (as far as I'm concerned). Would love to get it back on LSU.

fadada1
10/16/2007, 01:15 PM
ohio state or south cacalacki would be something fun and different.

StoopTroup
10/16/2007, 01:16 PM
I thought I'd throw in the Stoops v. Spurrier match-up.

Seamus
10/16/2007, 01:26 PM
We'd probably most like to have revenge on LSU, but they'd represent the toughest opponent, I think.

I love the way we match up with TOFU, and I like the Spurrier matchup -- that would be cool. (I know a guy from Georgia -- he calls them cacalacki too).

Probably gonna vote to play the Bucks -- that way, when we slam an undefeated No. 1, there will be no reasonable doubt.

Partial Qualifier
10/16/2007, 01:26 PM
tOSU. As much as I want revenge on LSU, the thought of going back to another home game for them and their crowd is just not. floating.

OUDoc
10/16/2007, 01:34 PM
As much as I want revenge on LSU, the thought of going back to another home game for them and their crowd is just not. floating.
Dude, weren't you one of them for a while? ;)

stoopified
10/16/2007, 01:42 PM
Bermuda,how do we have scoreboard on TOSU?Last time we played them they won.

I would love to STOMP the DUCK out of Oregon,BEAT THE BUCKEYE OUTTA TOSU or play the OTHER USC in THE VISOR WAR.The only team I don't want to play is LSU(not in N.Orleans anyhow).IF we could play LSU in the FIESTA,I would go for that as well.

humblesooner
10/16/2007, 01:42 PM
The CEO of our company (and BIIIGG CF Football fan) is an Ohio State grad and moved to Dallas and sent both his kids to OU. He knew about AD before Stoops did almost.
We talk FB all the time. We went to the Fiesta Bowl last year and he went to the BCS Champ game.
That would be his dream game.
I would love to play LSU anytime, anywhere EXCEPT in their back yard.

So I say tOSU this year in The Big Easy and then LSU next year in the OB.

SoonerBOI
10/16/2007, 02:01 PM
Ohio State. They played Akron and Youngstown S.

85sooners
10/16/2007, 02:03 PM
ducks

MojoRisen
10/16/2007, 02:06 PM
I would not mind LSU in New Orleans- I hate there fans and they would probably riot - if we beat them down there. As long as we come in numbers bring it on -

Dio
10/16/2007, 02:10 PM
tOSU = low hanging fruit

SoonerGM
10/16/2007, 02:48 PM
id love to see us play LSU down there again. people need to stop being scared, remember who thier coach is, we can beat them.

CitySooner
10/16/2007, 02:59 PM
Hmmmmm........If we must choose from the above mentioned, then I would prefer Ohio State. This means they would still be undefeated and ranked numero uno. It would give us a chance for a little redemption from the last time we played them (they beat us in Norman). It would also be good for the conference because they own the Big XII in head up competition. Also, because I think this game would have the best ratings nationally because of their following. Oh yeah, the best reason is because I think the mighty Crimson would kick their overanked booties!

en4cer
10/16/2007, 03:38 PM
hypothetically, if i could vote, tOSU

cheezyq
10/16/2007, 03:50 PM
Now that SUC is most likely out of the picture, I'd like to kick LSU's hindquarters clean out of the bayou. I'd like to see them the try their thuggery on Sam (like they did w/ Woodson) as he's flinging touchdowns to Kelly and Gresham and as they're showboating about their late hit Sam jumps up and points to the scoreboard with that sly grin of his.

Otherwise, I'd like to beat the quack out of Oregon and smear those ugly friggin jerseys into the tiny grains of rubber laid upon the field of the Superdome.

oupride
10/16/2007, 03:59 PM
South Florida. Dude!...you forgot South Florida! I voted for tOSU tho.

SoonerStormchaser
10/16/2007, 04:22 PM
Ohio State, solely because I have quite a few friends who went there that I want to shut up once and for all.

freshchris05
10/16/2007, 04:24 PM
BLOCK THAT KICK!!!

mOUse
10/16/2007, 06:02 PM
Problem is even if we defeat an undefeated OSwho, the other one loss teams would just claim their own mythical NC like USC did a few yrs ago.:D

aero
10/16/2007, 07:08 PM
In order:

1. Win over LSU would be the sweetest. They possibly will still be regarded as one of the best, if not the best, team this year. Plus payback. In their yard. Sweet.

2. Win over OSU. If they continue winning they will be highly regarded and a W over them would help stamp this team as good and legit. Plus they've got lineage.

3. Win over Oregon. Seems the media wants to prop them so if they made it to the game, I could see the talking heads trying to look smart and picking them. W over them would also be sweet payback and added bonus stuffing it to the media.

4. Win over SoCar. A win in the NC would be great, no matter who the opponent. The general consensus probably would be "so what, you beat South Carolina - you guys weren't that good". Wouldn't bother me the slightest, though.

On the other hand (in order of worsester to worse):

1. Loss to South Carolina. We'd be seeing Boise commercials and South Carolina commercial. Maybe a montage with some TT and Duck clips thrown in for good measure.

2. Loss to Oregon. The word would be the refs didn't contribute so much after all. Would legitimize the Autzen robbery.

3. Loss to LSU. Two in a row would succ. It would become a blur of purple, gold, and usc cardinal and cause for purchasing cases of PeptoBismol at Sam's.

4. Loss to OSU. The lessester of 4 evils.

and yes. I know I wrote worsester and lessester. But I wasn't trying my bestestest.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/16/2007, 08:09 PM
tOSU scares me the least, of all those in your poll.

CatfishSooner
10/16/2007, 08:22 PM
Frickin' Oregon! I would love to beat teh **** out of them.

Ash
10/16/2007, 08:27 PM
I'm wondering which of you vote tOSU because you honestly think it's an intriguing match up and which of you are pussies that are afraid Lester's defense would **** pound our boys?

One of these teams has a good offense and one has the BEST DEFENSE EVAR, or so we've been told. I wanna find out.

:les: I'LL PLAY ANY SUCKA!!!!!!!!!

SoonerDood
10/16/2007, 08:42 PM
I wonder how many people voting for LSU actually attended the Sugar Bowl.

Ash
10/16/2007, 08:49 PM
I wonder how many people voting for LSU actually attended the Sugar Bowl.

I'd just hope their fans don't get a hold of Bradford's cell number.

josh09
10/16/2007, 09:13 PM
I would really like to get a shot at Oregon again.

soonersn2007
10/16/2007, 09:32 PM
I would only want to play LSU at a neutral site. Something needs to be done about the ticket distribution if we do have to play them again in the Dome. I'm sure the sooner nation would travel, just make sure we get half the tickets.

BermudaSooner
10/17/2007, 10:45 AM
Bermuda,how do we have scoreboard on TOSU?Last time we played them they won.

I conveniently forgot the 83 game. Von Schamann still the man.

MojoRisen
10/17/2007, 10:54 AM
I was at the SUGAR BOWL - White kind of chunked it for us - we played like shiate for 3 quarters less a Jason Carter blocked punt. We finally started to put it too them and just came up short- still reeling fromt he K State Debacle.

Also New Orleans was fun even with the tiger bait- although the criminal element did show it's ugly face after the game. Those guys were classless in victory.

I want LSU in New Orleans - Would be nice if we have a chance to by 40K tickets at min.

Partial Qualifier
10/17/2007, 11:49 AM
Dude, weren't you one of them for a while? ;)

yes but I never became attached to LSU football. Basketball was a different story. :D

FirstandGoal
10/17/2007, 01:24 PM
Notre Dame

However, since that is not an option, I chose tOSU.

If it were anywhere but in their backyard, I would say LessU

StoopTroup
10/20/2007, 04:43 PM
For those of yOU who voted for South Carolina....

Sorry.

:D

Soonerfan88
10/20/2007, 06:52 PM
I chose tOSU because I have family that graduated from there and are always telling me about the superiority of the Big 10(11). It would be nice to stuff their opinions and their team.

Sooner Stew
10/21/2007, 01:12 AM
I voted Oregon b/c it would be so damn sweet to get revenge from last year's win over them that ended up in their favor on the scoreboard...but I would only want to play them if we got Big 12 referees and a fair review booth guy lmao...