PDA

View Full Version : So this poke fan

boomersooner28
10/16/2007, 12:25 PM
came and sat at my table while we were on break last night at work. I was reading the sports page and he starts the conversation with "what do think about ou/osu?" I reply "what do you mean?" He says "I think it's gonna be a good game." I ignore him, pretending to read some more so I don't bust out laughing too hard. He then spouts out "Let me guess, you Sooners aren't scared of us?" I say with a chuckle "No, no we're not." He says "well you should be" and walks away.

Where exactly does the delusionality actually come from? These people are tards.

rondog79
10/16/2007, 12:30 PM
i didnt know crack was a problem in stoolwater

fadada1
10/16/2007, 12:32 PM
maybe they should've ben scared before they played troy state.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2007, 12:34 PM
I'll give Poke Fans credit. They have incredibly short memories.

kevpks
10/16/2007, 12:36 PM
Ask him how well Mizzou's blowout of Nebraska equated to a victory in Norman.

gh55
10/16/2007, 12:36 PM
remind him that Ball State lost by 1 point to the huskers.

sooner518
10/16/2007, 12:37 PM
These people are tards.

that aint true [hairGel]

mdklatt
10/16/2007, 12:39 PM
How could a Poke fan ever think their completely overmatched team could beat us or even be competitive? It's not like it's ever happened before. :pop:

StoopTroup
10/16/2007, 12:41 PM
Here's what I'd tell them....

I think you better worry about KSU, KU and the whorns before you pee yourself.

oupride
10/16/2007, 12:43 PM
perhaps in bowling? golf? jacks?

MikeInNorman
10/16/2007, 01:01 PM
THAT AIN'T TRUE!!!!111!!!!!11!!!! [hairGel]

Fixed.

TexasSooner01
10/16/2007, 01:01 PM
THIS THREAD IS GARBAGE!!!! IT MAKES ME WANT TO PUKE!!!![hairGel]

fadada1
10/16/2007, 01:20 PM
[hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel]

Seamus
10/16/2007, 01:36 PM
d00d, that's WAY too much freakin' Gumby :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Veritas
10/16/2007, 01:36 PM
Where exactly does the delusionality actually come from? These people are tards.
Okie Lite spouts this crap every year. They get one win over somebody, this year Nebraska, and suddenly they're contenders in their own minds.

In the fantasy world that is Budgetaggyville, they beat the 95 Huskers last week, not the shadow of a former power. Therefore they're superbad and can match up against OU.

It's so fun to watch the annual Poke delusions leading up to the OU/OSU Game.

silverwheels
10/16/2007, 01:43 PM
Well, if you ask them, they have better players than us across the board, so I don't see how we could beat them.

SoonerBOI
10/16/2007, 01:54 PM
They are the most delusional people on earth. uso fans are looking forward to the ****** as the Big XII championship game. Hey, morons, worry about KSU, KANSAS and TEXAS first. And then wake-up and feel the roller coaster emotions you have been riding this season. Morons!

85sooners
10/16/2007, 02:00 PM
[hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] [hairGel] :rolleyes:

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/16/2007, 02:50 PM
They are aggy. That is how they are, that is how they've always been, and that is how they always will be. It's as inevitable as day following night.

tommieharris91
10/16/2007, 02:57 PM
That means we should also worry about Iowa State, ATM, Baylor, and TTech.

TUSooner
10/16/2007, 03:00 PM
Weird **** happens in college football. So be gracious, both before and after we rip 'em a new one, especially if they don't deserve it.
It's like, biblical, or something.

TUSooner
10/16/2007, 03:02 PM

You forgot CU. :rolleyes:

Dang. I'm glad the the team doesn't have this degree of hubris; otherwise they'd never be ready to play annybody.

CitySooner
10/16/2007, 03:06 PM
I guess they think because they went to Lincoln and finally beat the school who has molested them for about 100 years in a row they think they are the chit now. :rolleyes: I'll take K-State straight up this weekend for my 'Lock of the Year'. Its so sad that the Puke Staters will never learn......sigh.

stoopified
10/16/2007, 03:45 PM
perhaps in bowling? golf? jacks?
Hwas obviously talking about 'rassling.Ya know they would trade all 47 mat titles for 1 football title.It galls them that nobody knows how many golf or wrasslin' titles they have AND nobody would care IF they knew.

nmsoonergirl
10/16/2007, 04:01 PM

But, I am worried about all of those games....AND about OSU. Guess I'm just nervous that way....:O

RedstickSooner
10/16/2007, 04:03 PM
The Pokes just have a hard time understanding the difference between this game when it's played in Norman, versus when it's played in the Rustoleum stadium.

During the Stoops tenure:

Rustoleum, Won by 6
Norman, Won by 28
Rustoleum, Won by 3
Norman, Won by 43
Rustoleum, Lost by 10
Norman,Lost by 3
Rustoleum, Won by 5
Norman,Won by 37

As you can see, we've played 'em at home 4 times, and blown 'em out thrice.

That single loss was a weird, bizarre shift in the heavens. They have every reason to be confident they'll give us a good game.... When we play on *their* turf. Otherwise, not so much.

picasso
10/16/2007, 05:17 PM
they could beat us, but they would need our help.

The truth is Nebraska and aTm both suck. Tech was a good win for them although the ghost of Brent Parker showed himself atten ze end.

mdklatt
10/16/2007, 05:32 PM
they could beat us, but they would need our help.

I have nightmares of Adarius Bowman running wild behind our secondary, a la the Why-The-****-Don't-We-Triple-Team-That-Rashaun-Woods-SOB-Or-Something games a few years ago. :O

The Woods brother (Donovan?) who was QB couldn't complete a pass to save his life unless it was a long lob to his brother. It was like watching Rainman play football.

85sooners
10/16/2007, 05:45 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b358/paul--moore/mcdo7447-OSUSucks.jpg

SoonerBOI
10/16/2007, 06:35 PM
Here's a sample of a delusional puke post from op.com

Today, 03:58 PM #1
StaffCowboy
Wrangler

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Insight
(Big 12 No. 6 vs. Big Ten No. 6) Oklahoma State vs. Michigan State Oklahoma State vs. Michigan State

We are moving up.

Bleeding Orange is better than wearing red!!

StaffCowboy
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by StaffCowboy

Today, 04:43 PM #5
deuce
Deputy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we don't lose another game, we'll be going to the Fiesta right?

The media....I mean Gundy makes me wanna puke....pure garbage.

deuce
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by deuce
MP

lukin254
View Public Profile
Find More Posts by lukin254

Today, 04:45 PM #7
lukin254
Gunslinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce
If we don't lose another game, we'll be going to the Fiesta right?

Unless the Aggies win out and Leach loses at least 1 more, plus a few other variables.

If we win out, there's probably a 98% chance we'll be in the Fiesta.

Today, 05:09 PM #10
Gutrock Poke
Wrangler
Re: ESPNs newest bowl projections

We would have to win the south and beat Mizzou in the Big12 title game to head to the fiesta bowl.

85sooners
10/16/2007, 06:44 PM
lol

kevpks
10/16/2007, 07:03 PM
Do they realize that they have to play Texas too? When was the last time they beat UT? And by beat I don't mean have a huge lead at halftime and blow it in the 2nd half. The Pokes have a pretty tough road ahead to make it to any bowl that isn't played in Shreveport.

SoonerBacker
10/16/2007, 07:25 PM
i didnt know crack was a problem in stoolwater

That's why the stores in Stoolwater can't keep Sweet & Low on the shelves.
Word got out on the oSu campus that it's diet coke! [hairGel]

tommieharris91
10/16/2007, 07:44 PM
They're only stating the truth. But that board is really like a yoyo. If they win, they're going undefeated this season and erasing the losses. If they lose, they expect to lose every game that season.

goingoneight
10/16/2007, 08:13 PM
Today is my birthday... I got to sit around and talk all day on the job as they threw me a party (they're like that for their long-timers).

I sit down next to the newest truck driver we hired and he starts spouting off about how "The STATE'S University" :rolleyes: (yes, he actually said that) was going to go into Norman ad not only "win," but he said we'd lose two more and they'd be favored by the time of Bed-dumb.
Let's see here... that makes sense when you think about what aggy is. Thelogic is shot, but you consider the source and tell him "whatever."

WRONG!

He then decides to talk for another fifteen minutes about how he feels OSU is better top-to-bottom. He says OU "doesn't have any hawt girls," says "Stillwater is a better city than Norman," and then arropgantly puffs his chest out to say "OU 'kids' wouldn't know a party if it hit 'em in the face."

My questions were as follows:
goingoneight: How many college towns have you been to before?
:stunned: "Lots... I, uh, went to OSU for a semester (later found out it was OSU TULSA he was bragging about)."
Of course I heard the whole "OU fans never went to OU" bullcrap.

goingoneight: Well, if you've been to "lots" of college towns, you'd know that every damn one has their traditions and thousands of hotties, right?
:stunned: "What's that got to do with anything (means you're talking out your arse)?"

goingoneight: You know what Campus Corner is?

:stunned: What?

goingoneight: You know about "The Library?"

:stunned: "What's a li-berry got to do with what we're talking about?"

**** you not... he said "Li-berry."

goingoneight: What major city and attraction is five minutes away from Boone's Farm?

:stunned: "You don't know what you're talking about..."

goingoneight: "What part of Stillwater is better than Norman?"

(silence)

:stunned: "BOOMER LAKE, man..."

I rolled my eyes like you should always do at aggy logic. And for some reason I wanted to hear what those people really thought was better about their "football" team this year.

Bowman, Robinson, Pettigrew, Savage, blah-blah-blah. Nevermind OUr offense not only plays better, they put up better numbers. Maybe back in August I'd have given them a slight edge at quarterback until Colonel Sanders lost his job, but after seven weeks, Sam is the man in Oklahoma... period.

I pointed out that we also had this thing called "defense," and a little thing they tend to struggle with called "home field advantage." I pointed out that in a shootout, OU still wins. In a battle of coaching wits, OU blows aggy out in triple-digits. I pointed out that ONE RECEIVER will be hard-pressed to find success in Norman against the best secondary (yes, better than powerhouse Troy) they've faced all year ON THE ROAD. I pointed out that Kelly and Bowman won't face eachother one-on-one (a common offense-versus-defense form of football aggies don't quite get in arguments), but if both are healthy, guaranteed which one would have the better game.

I poited out that Javarris James and Hugh Charles will have had better days than will Savage and "Spud," to which he had no idea who "spud" was. I pointed out that Chase Daniel pwns Zac Robinson, and OU pwns Chase Daniel. He didn't quite understand the comparison, but aggy is as aggy does.

I said if all goes according to gameplan, no major injuries of course, OU rolls and OSU starts hyping basketball and wrestling over again. But not before they question if Gundy is "the right guy for the job."

So yeah... he got pwn3d.

JohnnyMack
10/16/2007, 08:27 PM
You can't reason with aggie.

Two weeks ago my aggie friend wanted Gumby fired. Now he's seriously convinced they're going to win the South.

tommieharris91
10/16/2007, 08:43 PM
Half the OP.com posters think they're gonna win out. Of course, half of the OP.com posters have sigs that bash OU in various ways.

OklahomaTuba
10/16/2007, 08:51 PM
Half the OP.com posters are related to each other.

MiccoMacey
10/16/2007, 08:58 PM
The Pokes just have a hard time understanding the difference between this game when it's played in Norman, versus when it's played in the Rustoleum stadium.

During the Stoops tenure:

Rustoleum, Won by 6
Norman, Won by 28
Rustoleum, Won by 3
Norman, Won by 43
Rustoleum, Lost by 10
Norman,Lost by 3
Rustoleum, Won by 5
Norman,Won by 37

As you can see, we've played 'em at home 4 times, and blown 'em out thrice.

That single loss was a weird, bizarre shift in the heavens. They have every reason to be confident they'll give us a good game.... When we play on *their* turf. Otherwise, not so much.

Dead spot on.

Although I think they will still beat Texas. They have a bye week before they play, and it's at home.

OzarkSooner
10/16/2007, 09:56 PM
Here's a sample of a delusional puke post from op.com

IN AK RIT

bluedogok
10/16/2007, 10:03 PM
d00d, that's WAY too much freakin' Gumby :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Is this too much Gundy?

http://bluedogok.com/gundy.gifhttp://bluedogok.com/gundy.gifhttp://bluedogok.com/gundy.gifhttp://bluedogok.com/gundy.gif

Leroy Lizard
10/16/2007, 10:41 PM
Sounds like he wanted to strike up a conversation about football. No harm in that.

tommieharris91
10/16/2007, 10:46 PM
Except that his conversation about football included women, academics, atmosphere, the city of Norman, and partays.

Neg comin to ya, Leroy.

Big Red Ron
10/16/2007, 11:19 PM
Sounds like he wanted to strike up a conversation about football. No harm in that.Why duel with an unarmed opponent?

goingoneight
10/16/2007, 11:21 PM
Half the OP.com posters are related to each other.

But still flirt from time to time. :eek:

goingoneight
10/16/2007, 11:22 PM
Is this too much Gundy?

http://bluedogok.com/gundy.gifhttp://bluedogok.com/gundy.gifhttp://bluedogok.com/gundy.gifhttp://bluedogok.com/gundy.gif

Now there's hair gel all over everyones' monitors.

Yes... hair gel... pervs. :D

birddog
10/16/2007, 11:23 PM
"probably a 98% chance." since when did dean become an aggie.

CatfishSooner
10/16/2007, 11:46 PM
aggy faggy = funny :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2007, 12:10 AM
Every time I se the phrase "poke fan" I wonder if that means they like giving or receiving said poke.

Of course either way, it's with a sheep, goat, or other livestock. Assuming they are the poker it must be a small chicken, Pokee it would have to be the biggest bull on the farm.

StoopTroup
10/17/2007, 01:01 AM
I wonder if Jenny will get to cover their trip to the Fiesta Bowl....

Crucifax Autumn
10/17/2007, 01:29 AM
I seriously doubt it, but I hope so...that could create comedy so golden Indiana Jones would take on Nazis and ancient curses to unearth it.

CtheB
10/17/2007, 04:20 AM
I am sure the Pokes are riding a high after the win at Nebbish, but they are failing to realize that humility is "only a week away" in football. And for football in Stillwater, humility could happen tomorrow.