PDA

View Full Version : NHL bans player, team waives player, is that right?

JohnnyMack
10/15/2007, 10:12 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3065029

This feminine hygiene product gets suspended by Betts for 25 games for being a goon. No problem, the Flyers just waive the guy and fill the roster spot with someone else.

I say the Flyers should have to serve the sentence right alongside the perp. I know this guy will have to serve his time in the hole before he ever gets on an NHL surface again, but I think it's wrong that Philly can just sidestep the ban like that.

Thoughts?

GrapevineSooner
10/16/2007, 02:26 PM
No.

But while we're at it, how do you feel about Lou Lam's techniques for getting around the salary cap last year? ;)

Scott D
10/16/2007, 03:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=3065029

This feminine hygiene product gets suspended by Betts for 25 games for being a goon. No problem, the Flyers just waive the guy and fill the roster spot with someone else.

I say the Flyers should have to serve the sentence right alongside the perp. I know this guy will have to serve his time in the hole before he ever gets on an NHL surface again, but I think it's wrong that Philly can just sidestep the ban like that.

Thoughts?

Flyers seem to be the only franchise who thinks it's still part of the game to put guys on the ice who have no purpose at all. Someone really should let them know there's a reason it's been 30 years since the Broad Street Bullies were an impact roster.

The funnier part is that Boulerice can't fight. He got knocked out by Colton Orr in the preseason this year, and there's the classic when Aaron Downey of the Stars one punched him and put him out when he was with Carolina.

oh and it sounds familiar...NFL suspends Tank Johnson, Bears waive Tank Johnson.

Scott D
10/28/2007, 09:10 AM
bumping this for the fact that the AHL (minors) has decided to uphold Boulerice's suspension that the NHL placed on him. So technically the Flyers are paying for his stupidity one way or another.