PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo thinks MNC is Norman-bound - hee hee

soonernija
10/15/2007, 02:15 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=jn-bcsfolo101407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

OUGuf
10/15/2007, 02:22 PM
Was just about to post this but for some reason I cant make a new post.

snp
10/15/2007, 02:42 PM

Get some more posts and you'll be able to. Typically new posters post dumb threads.

AZSoonerCat
10/15/2007, 02:48 PM
Interesting. I don't know if LSU loses again though.

85sooners
10/15/2007, 02:48 PM
Get some more posts and you'll be able to. Typically new posters post dumb threads.lol

misplaced_sooner
10/15/2007, 03:06 PM
Get some more posts and you'll be able to. Typically new posters post dumb threads.

Nice blanket statement.......:mad:

Andrew

tbl
10/15/2007, 03:09 PM
This guy is picking us to win it all... great...
http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/us/sp/cn/headshots/jason_king.jpg

TexasEx4OU
10/15/2007, 03:10 PM

Andrew

:pop:

tbl
10/15/2007, 03:13 PM

snp
10/15/2007, 03:15 PM

Andrew

Protip: If I wanted to know who you were, I would have signatures turned on.

SoonerEmpire
10/15/2007, 03:17 PM
How awesome would that be if we win out, LSU drops another game, and Ohio State drops a game! And somewhere between now and the end of the season either BC or USF wins out but not both of them?

OU v BC and/or OU v USF for the NC?

Either one of those scenarios would be painfully funny, but I think I'd like our chances against either. LOL!

Grimey
10/15/2007, 03:20 PM
Unless we lost, then it would dredge up all the Boise St crap again.

SoonerEmpire
10/15/2007, 03:23 PM
Unless we lost, then it would dredge up all the Boise St crap again.

Very true. However, I think with regard to national perception amongst college football fans would be more forgiving this time around since the upsets have been happening to everyone this year, and not just to us like last year.

Either way, it wouldn't matter - win or lose. As always, Alabama would claim the NC on the basis that a team that wears crimson was in the game. :D

cheezyq
10/15/2007, 03:27 PM
There was an interesting quote in this article by Demarco Murray.

"All we're concerned with right now is the Big 12 title," Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray said. "It's pointless to worry about a national title. We don't have any control over that."

I remember back in the first few of the Stoops years (after 2000, of course) that the players/coaches were adamant that we weren't chasing conference titles at OU, we expected national titles. I've been noticing that sentiment has changed more and more, and I think Murray's quote sums it up. You can't worry about a national title, since you (the teams) don't have any control over who gets in. Even if you win all your games, you're not guaranteed to get in. The one thing you CAN control is winning your conference.

I know that's a bit off-topic, but I think it's an interesting change in viewpoint.

colleyvillesooner
10/15/2007, 03:32 PM

Yeah, sorry about that. We had a rush of people trying to start new threads after the game on Saturday. I edited the New Thread settings and you should be good to go.

olevetonahill
10/15/2007, 03:52 PM
Yeah, sorry about that. We had a rush of people trying to start new threads after the game on Saturday. I edited the New Thread settings and you should be good to go.
Right hand / left hand . Dude let me know what your doing , I edited to make it harder for nOObs . :confused:

85Sooner
10/15/2007, 03:59 PM
I posted his column yesterday and everyone said he was .....well a pretty sh!tty reporter. Sooooooooo which is it? :)

CincySooner
10/15/2007, 04:17 PM
I've seen something similar to this over on cbs sportsline.

What none of them are mentioning is that a no-loss or strong one-loss team could come out of the Pac-10. The MNC game could see a Cal, Oregon, ASU or USC (ugh!!) team.

SoonerEmpire
10/15/2007, 04:23 PM
I posted his column yesterday and everyone said he was .....well a pretty sh!tty reporter. Sooooooooo which is it? :)

Yes, he is a pretty sh*tty columnist. His column yesterday was absolute garbage! [hairGel]

His column today is completely opposite of that which he said yesterday.

Yesterday:
"OU sucks. Missouri's better. The better team lost."

Today:
"OU just might be good enough to make it to the NC game and win it!"

Make up your mind, Mr. King, which is it?!

*end rant*

Okay, sorry about that 85. That was not by any means against you. I'm just full of opinions today, that's all. But to answer your question, I don't think anyone was necessarily calling him a good OR a sh*tty columnist regarding his column today (unlike yesterday). Rather, everyone was just commenting on the subject matter within his column.

But in my opinion, yes, he is still an idiot.

sooneron
10/15/2007, 04:40 PM
I think he's ****ty as to the fact that he can't even get a player's position right when he quotes him.

This guy (whether or not he supports OU) is just another innerweb hack.

We need KU to win out with a slim W against mizzery, so that they are closing in on the top 10 for the big 12 title game. And THAT is if we win out, of course.

sendbaht
10/15/2007, 04:48 PM
Thanks for posting. A fun read, but as we know lots of football left.

But, I do feel in my heart we win out. Where we end up? ?

Collier11
10/15/2007, 04:51 PM
There was an interesting quote in this article by Demarco Murray.

"All we're concerned with right now is the Big 12 title," Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray said. "It's pointless to worry about a national title. We don't have any control over that."

I remember back in the first few of the Stoops years (after 2000, of course) that the players/coaches were adamant that we weren't chasing conference titles at OU, we expected national titles. I've been noticing that sentiment has changed more and more, and I think Murray's quote sums it up. You can't worry about a national title, since you (the teams) don't have any control over who gets in. Even if you win all your games, you're not guaranteed to get in. The one thing you CAN control is winning your conference.

I know that's a bit off-topic, but I think it's an interesting change in viewpoint.

Ive never heard Stoops or any of his players say this is 9 years :confused: He has always said that he is here to win championships and we cant do anything without winning the Big 12 first

soonerloyal
10/15/2007, 04:51 PM
Here's to hoping the innerweb hack's right about this one...:D

SoonerBOI
10/15/2007, 05:46 PM
Corso is sticking to his statement: It will be LSU and OU for NC game. We are doomed!:D

Texas Golfer
10/15/2007, 06:18 PM
Anyone who predicts us winning the National Championship is okay in my book.

josh09
10/15/2007, 06:32 PM
How awesome would that be if we win out, LSU drops another game, and Ohio State drops a game! And somewhere between now and the end of the season either BC or USF wins out but not both of them?

OU v BC and/or OU v USF for the NC?

Either one of those scenarios would be painfully funny, but I think I'd like our chances against either. LOL!

I agree, if we played one of those teams it would be a laugher.

But as for now.....

josh09
10/15/2007, 06:34 PM
Corso is sticking to his statement: It will be LSU and OU for NC game. We are doomed!:D

If we have to play freakin LSU AGAIN in the sugar bowl, i will be pretty ****ed.

AwaySooner
10/16/2007, 12:10 AM
He forgot about the other OSU, oklahoma state game was never a gimme, especially right after Lubbock.

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2007, 12:24 AM
Well, just so we have out facts straight we wouldn't play LSU or anyone else in the Sugar bowl...We'd play them in the BCS championship game. The sugar Bowl is a week earlier.

And I don't really give a rat's *** what some Yahoo thinks. What's important is that I KNOW we'll be in the championship game.

Why? Because we're Sooners!

stoopified
10/16/2007, 12:27 AM
I always knew them YAHOOS were smart. :)

Crucifax Autumn
10/16/2007, 12:44 AM
Perhaps so, but only every other day apparently.