PDA

View Full Version : Grading the teams on the Keys to the Game

DocNice
10/15/2007, 01:12 PM
Here were my keys for the game from last week, and how each team did with grades in parentheses. Thanks for putting up with me this week, and I look forward to posting here again in December!

5 grades, from best to worst:
(+ +) Succeeded
(+) Somewhat succeeded
(+ -) Neither succeeded nor failed
(-) Somewhat failed
(- -) Failed

==Keys to the game==
=Mizzou=
(-) 1. Get out to an early lead. Make OU throw the ball and play catch up.
(- -) 2. Play smart. Turnovers, special teams, etc. This is a key for any game, but especially this one.
(+ +) 3. Stop OU's running game as much as possible and hope for the best on the play action passes.
(+ -) 4. Find some semblance of a pass rush against your talented OL.
(+) 5. Play with intensity, especially on defense, which is tougher to do on the road.

=Oklahoma=
(+) 1. Pressure the QB without blitzing. How is your D-Line's pass rush?
(+ +) 2. Tackle well in the open field. The spread is all about isolating playmakers in the open field and letting them make plays. We do it really well.
(+) 3. Sustain long drives. Wear down our defense and keep our offense off the field.

Spanish Sooner
10/15/2007, 01:50 PM
I would have given a + to stopping the run game, giving up 2 rushing touchdowns and chris brown getting 50 (and according to Ivan Maisel 81by the team) in the fourth quarter isn't really completely succeeding, only somewhat succeeding.

other than that pretty accurate

BillyBall
(++) 1. Outscore Missouri

MextheBulldog
Obvious man here, but #2 for Mizzou was the difference in the game.

DocNice
10/15/2007, 02:09 PM
I would have given a + to stopping the run game, giving up 2 rushing touchdowns and chris brown getting 50 (and according to Ivan Maisel 81by the team) in the fourth quarter isn't really completely succeeding, only somewhat succeeding.

other than that pretty accurate

By your standard for sure. By Missouri's standard, we held a top 20 rushing attack to less yard than any other opponent except Nebraska. Heck, we gave up 155 to I-AA Illinois State. You can only expect an outmatched team to keep it up for so long. Mizzou was outmatched on defense at nearly every position, yet it wasn't until the very end that they got worn down. That's about as much as I could ask for personally.

yermom
10/15/2007, 02:27 PM
OU probably gets (--) for special teams

Landthief 1972
10/15/2007, 02:43 PM
OU probably gets (--) for special teams

Only because (-----) wasn't an option. U - G - L - Y; that spells OU special teams.

IB4OU2
10/15/2007, 02:47 PM
Outscore Missouri, I'll give two circles and a snap.