PDA

View Full Version : There is a very distinct chance.....

Scott D
10/15/2007, 11:22 AM
That ND will have more players transferring out this season than wins. The current totals are 4 transfers out, 1 win.

Offensive Lineman Matt Carufel Leaves Notre Dame After Losing Starting Job

Oct 15, 12:06 PM (ET)

SOUTH BEND, Ind. (AP) -Matt Carufel, who started three games at right guard for Notre Dame, has decided to withdraw from school after losing the starting job.

"I spoke with Matt Carufel Sunday evening and he informed me that he was going to leave the team and withdraw from the University of Notre Dame," coach Charlie Weis said. "I appreciate all Matt has done for Notre Dame and wish him nothing but the best."

The 6-foot-5, 295-pound sophomore from Forest Lake, Minn., had started three games after Dan Wenger was injured against Michigan, but lost the job to Eric Olsen last week. Carufel missed practice and was not at the Boston College game on Saturday.

Carufel is the fourth sophomore to leave the program since April. Quarterback Zach Frazer transferred to Connecticut after he was demoted to fourth string in the spring.

Quarterback Demetrius Jones, who started the season-opener against Georgia Tech, lost his starting job and left the team the week of the Michigan game Sept. 15 and transferred to Cincinnati. Konrad Reuland, listed as the third-string tight end, left the team Sept. 23.

Sophomore guard Chris Stewart left the team for several days earlier this season before returning.

yermom
10/15/2007, 11:54 AM
a bunch of little bitches on that team

no wonder they can't win any games

Widescreen
10/15/2007, 11:57 AM
Apparently losing your job and losing games doesn't sit well with their players.

misplaced_sooner
10/15/2007, 12:23 PM
a bunch of little bitches on that team

no wonder they can't win any games

Yep, but that is society today, don't work to get better just go somewhere else where it will be given to ya.

Andrew

Veritas
10/15/2007, 12:27 PM
Yep, but that is society today, don't work to get better just go somewhere else where it will be given to ya.

Andrew
You what else sucks? People that sign message board posts.

Sincerely,
the_ouskull

:) :texan:

birddog
10/15/2007, 12:36 PM

Andrew

i think in this case it's less about society and more about the state of the players/program. sure, players transfer all the time but that'as an awful big number since in a very short period of time.

right now nd has a very slim chance of doing anything significant but sucking so if you're a 3rd or 4th teamer, why not do it for a team that has a chance to win some games.

fadada1
10/15/2007, 12:44 PM

Andrew
yep. a good coach would sit him down and ask, "are you willing to put forth the effort to win your job back?? yes. good. i'll help you and show you how."

or, a quality player would go to the coach and ask, "coach, i'm sucking pretty bad. what do i have to do to win my job back?"

instead, it sounds like, "coach, f**k this, i want to transfer."

Widescreen
10/15/2007, 01:22 PM
instead, it sounds like, "coach, f**k this, i want to transfer."
Possibly. It could also just be situations where the player perceives that his coach has a bias against him or for someone else. I'm certain that does happen from time-to-time. (e.g. Boo Blake and Eric Moore vs. Fuente, or Boo Blake and James Allen vs. Demond Parker).

DrZaius
10/15/2007, 01:28 PM
Has anyone thought that maybe their coach just plain SUCKS and has that program in complete turmoil. Players at most levels don't just pack their **** and leave just because they are not playing. If that was true players would be transferring all the time. No, something screwed up is taking place at that University and it is completely freakin awesome (not for the players) that ND is coming apart at the seams.

DrZaius
10/15/2007, 01:29 PM
The adults not the players are more likely responsible for what is taking place.

85sooners
10/15/2007, 01:36 PM
:D :D

r5TPsooner
10/15/2007, 01:38 PM
Apparently losing your job and losing games doesn't sit well with their players.

Maybe Charlie stole his dessert during the team breakfast?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/15/2007, 01:45 PM
Hey it's domer. Reminds me of the cartoon with a standing Sylvester the cat, with index fingers pointing in opposite directions, saying "Pardon me, but would you be terribly offended if I asked you to take your silly-as*ed problem down the hall".

fadada1
10/15/2007, 01:46 PM
Maybe Charlie stole ALL the desserts during the team breakfast?
perhaps.

fadada1
10/15/2007, 01:47 PM
Possibly. It could also just be situations where the player perceives that his coach has a bias against him or for someone else. I'm certain that does happen from time-to-time. (e.g. Boo Blake and Eric Moore vs. Fuente, or Boo Blake and James Allen vs. Demond Parker).
nope. not possible.

;)

cheezyq
10/15/2007, 01:51 PM
It could be player attitudes. It could be bad coaching. It could be that the coach is playing favorites. It could be just about anything. But all I know is that if I were a 2nd-teamer on THAT team, I don't think I'd be sticking around long either. It's like an employee working for a bad company. If they recognize the ship is sinking, they man the life boats and head for steady shores.

Scott D
10/15/2007, 05:49 PM
Truthfully I can understand both of the quarterbacks. Frasier had the going to be the starter when Brady Quinn leaves smoke blown up his backside when they were recruiting him. Then because "the chosen one" Jimmy Clausen shows up early, they bump him to 4th string...he transfers to have a chance to play because what 4th string QB is going to see anything other than scout team time?
Jones starts the year as the starter, who knows what the coaches may have been telling him. And to be honest, he was pretty much put in the same position Paul Thompson was back in 2005. The bigger difference between the two is that Jones was a sophomore where Thompson was a redshirt junior, so he had about 2 years of on campus/football team experience w/ the coaching staff over Jones.

As for the TE and the OL, there has to be some sort of underlying problem. I'd wager that there are some serious communication issues going on at Notre Dame at this stage.