PDA

View Full Version : Dear Nebraska,

soonerboy_odanorth
10/15/2007, 09:44 AM
Put your $5 million on the table and tell Jim Levitt it's all his for the taking.

You're welcome.

:pop:

85sooners
10/15/2007, 09:46 AM
:twinkies:

LittleWingSooner
10/15/2007, 09:48 AM
I don't think Jim Leavitt leaves USF for 5 mil or any amount. He has a better job right now at USF. And he's from Florida. He would have to completely rebuild Nebraska. At USF he has a shot at winning the Big East every year.

OULenexaman
10/15/2007, 09:49 AM
or just give Cally another extension....we don't mind.

Sooner in Tampa
10/15/2007, 09:51 AM
Leavitt ain't leaving USF for Nebbish...hell, he didn't leave USF for the Alabama job.

Just like LitteWing said, he is from Tampa and he ain't going anywhere.

badger
10/15/2007, 10:03 AM
Everyone repeat after me:
The order is not restored.
The Nebraska Huskers are over.
Any victory they get this year will be a fluke.

And now, for some singing:
Fail, that's no team
The stadium cries as everyone leaves,
The Scarlet and Cream.
Cheers for a victory, are futile for Cally;
So, on loser men,
The eyes of the land, upon every hand,
Are flipping off you.
Fight on, it's misery
Bail on what's left of Nebraska U.
I give you - "Sad Husker," a symbol of what's left after a mere 10 years following a championship:
http://images.townnews.com/journalstar.com/content/articles/2007/10/13/huskerextra/football/doc47100f527b365821941788.jpg
Part, Sea of Red, before Moses arrives... wait, is "Moses" the right term for Fran, or does he still prefer to be known as "God" ?
More Husker angst:
http://www.journalstar.com/content/gallery/gallery_1/album_779/midsize_photo47114d6729e83042561100.jpg

soonerboy_odanorth
10/15/2007, 10:09 AM
Never say never...

I'm aware of all that regarding Leavitt. But he also has the Big XII pedigree, i.e. familiarity with the territory. So... I could see Nebbish taking a shot at him.

But more to the point, NU is going to have to pony up a lot of money to land a truly quality guy that could bring them back quickly.

A.

LOT.

OF.

MONEY.

Otherwise they can expect the quagmire to continue....

LittleWingSooner
10/15/2007, 10:12 AM
He was a Big 12 coach about 12 years ago. You know when it was still the Big 8. It's not the same league right now.

fadada1
10/15/2007, 10:17 AM
He was a Big 12 coach about 12 years ago. You know when it was still the Big 8. It's not the same league right now.
no kidding. we got baylor now!!!!

sooner n houston
10/15/2007, 10:33 AM
Anyone else wonder why there is no talk about Venables as a HC?

Veritas
10/15/2007, 10:34 AM
Everyone repeat after me:
The order is not restored.
The Nebraska Huskers are over.
Any victory they get this year will be a fluke.

I agree with everything there except for your second statement. We're no more over than the 90's meant that the Sooners were over. We will return to greatness for the same reason that you guys have: because we the fans refuse to accept anything less.

I know that message boards are just that, message boards, but every Husker message board has set usage records in the last 48 hours. The fans are ****ED.

You guys prolly get tired of hearing me say this, but I was living in Oklahoma and going to games during the rock-bottom Blake years. The "feel" of the situation and the attitude of the fan-base is so similar that is freaks me out a little bit.

EDIT: The atmosphere is the same as 98-99...that's what I was going for.

usmc-sooner
10/15/2007, 10:50 AM
would they consider Mangino? He's done a great job at KU, imagine him with NU behind him. Although health concerns might be an issue.

swardboy
10/15/2007, 11:12 AM
It's tough to go with an "in-conference" hire....

Legend of Ron Mexico
10/15/2007, 11:56 AM
Do you think Bo Pelini would make a good head coach?

OklahomaTuba
10/15/2007, 12:09 PM
Bo Pelini will be LSU's next coach, after Lester bolts for Ann Arbor.

Fran might be available though.

Veritas
10/15/2007, 12:20 PM
I'm not sure about Bo Pelini as a head coach or even as a DC. Yeah, he's getting all kinds of love right now but I've not forgotten the way his secondary got shredded by USC while he was at OU in 2004. His Nebraska D wasn't that great in 2003, or at least not as good as fans like to remember it as being.

There is a class and maturity requirement and I'm not sure he passes muster. His wife wore gloves that say "FU SP" (**** you Steve Pederson) when Nebraska came to play OU in 2005. He ran across the field to scream obscenities at Bill Snyder when they beat Nebraska in Lincoln. That's not something we want here in Lincoln. We overlooked that type of behavior from Callahan because we hoped he'd be a winner; now that it's become clear that he's not we're collectively kicking ourselves and asking why we tolerated such a boor.

Mangino? swardboy is right about the in-conference hire. Plus I think his health concerns would outweigh everything else (no pun intended).

My dream team would be Dave Rimington as AD and Bob Stoops as HC. Since the second wouldn't happen in a billion years, I'd like to see Jim Leavitt.

Mjcpr
10/15/2007, 12:22 PM
Y'all had a nice run.

BoomerJack
10/15/2007, 12:28 PM
By Veritas above: "I'm not sure about Bo Pelini as a head coach or even as a DC."

I think Pellini would be a good HC. I don't think he'll go back to NU because of the way he was treated after the Solich dumping. He wanted to stay at NU but the admins and big cigars wanted someone else.

tommie15
10/15/2007, 12:31 PM
With the right AD, I feel we have a real nice shot at Pelini. Moreso that Leavitt, that's for sure. Muschamp is another option.

StoopTroup
10/15/2007, 12:34 PM
...remember the good old days.

http://media.huskernews.com/vimages/shared/vnews/stories/s-3c4b73b0a915a-78-1.jpg