PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma has no chance to play in the National Title Game.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2007, 08:24 AM
Our computer ranking is only going to get worse as teams with one lose like South Carolina, and Kentucky, or Auburn keep winning. As Oklahoma's will only get worse because we play teams like Iowa State, Baylor, and A&m.

North Texas, and Utah State are killing us.

Also we need to win out Osu @ home and Tech on the road are not gauranteed wins with the way this team plays sometimes.

We need to be hoping we win out and win a big 12 title. This MNC talk is getting old. First off we don't deserve to be there after losing to Colorado, secondly there is not a chance in hell we get there anyways.

SoonerStormchaser
10/15/2007, 08:27 AM
Jeez Doleo...when did you drink that NickZepp kool-aid? :rolleyes: (I keed).

It's definitely a long shot at this point, and we're still going to need lots of help from the upset bug (without getting bit ourselves, of course). But frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if we're stuck on the outside looking in. I just hope LSU is in the same position if it comes to that.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2007, 08:32 AM
Jeez Doleo...when did you drink that NickZepp kool-aid? :rolleyes: (I keed).

It's definitely a long shot at this point, and we're still going to need lots of help from the upset bug (without getting bit ourselves, of course). But frankly, I wouldn't be surprised if we're stuck on the outside looking in. I just hope LSU is in the same position if it comes to that.
Ohio state, Bc and South Folirda could all lose a game and we still won't play in the title game.

Its getting ****ing old hearing people talk about it when we still have 5 games to ****ing win.

C&CDean
10/15/2007, 08:44 AM
Well you're just one big ****ing ray of sunshine today.

I completely agree that talking about NC's with 5 games left is stupid. However, if we win out - especially if we win out convincingly - we'll be in the picture. And personally, I could give a **** was all the other teams do. History has proven though if you've gotta lose a game, lose it early, lose it on the road, and lose it to a half-way decent team. We did that, and the further into the season we get the further from the minds of the dimwits who evaluate this stuff our loss is going to be.

USF? If they lose a game they'll plummet out of the top-10 like a rock. USC? Lost at home to a ****ty team. Almost got beat by an even ****tier team (Arizona). They're out.

Stranger things have happened than us getting to the championship game. Much stranger. But I'm with you on all the talk about it. Let's just worry about beating Iowa State. Bad. Like a historical beatdown of biblical proportion.

misplaced_sooner
10/15/2007, 08:44 AM
I'll tell you who doesn't deserve to be there and it ain't the Sooners. OSU has beat, ONE D-1 team with a winning record, so they deserve to be there? What?

OU wins out, they will play for the National Title.

Andrew

dolemitesooner
10/15/2007, 08:47 AM
I'll tell you who doesn't deserve to be there and it ain't the Sooners. OSU has beat, ONE D-1 team with a winning record, so they deserve to be there? What?

OU wins out, they will play for the National Title.

Andrew
In my above statement did I ever mention that Tosu deserved to be there.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL ANDREW

oupride
10/15/2007, 08:50 AM
I agree with dole. I no longer believe we will play for the NC. So my suggestion to everyone else is to sit back, relax and enjoy the rest of the ride. This is a very good team! However, not great ie. CO. When this team wins out the rest of the way for a strong finish then sing 'Que Sera Sera' and watch the Sooners enter 2008 as #1 or #2. Boomer Sooner!

Scott D
10/15/2007, 08:50 AM
like you can read beyonce.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2007, 08:51 AM
like you can read beyonce.
:D

misplaced_sooner
10/15/2007, 09:01 AM
In my above statement did I ever mention that Tosu deserved to be there.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL ANDREW

I didn't imply you said such a statement. I was stating that OSU has no reason to be ranked #1 and go to a title game until they actually beat a decent team.

READING IS EASY, UNDERSTANDING IS FUNDAMENTAL!

OKLA21FAN
10/15/2007, 09:02 AM
what are our chances in the People's national title game? :pop:

stoopified
10/15/2007, 09:10 AM
First lets deal with factual error:Auburn is a 2 loss team,secondly we do have boost for SOS in the future as KU is # 13 in BCS,Missou #16,UT #22,TT #24.What people are forgetting here is not only do your future foes affect your BCS,so do the past.IF UT wins out,that helps,IF Missou or KU wins out,that helps(especilly if KU beats a one losss Missou for Big 12 North).Yes OU is a longshot but not as much as they were right after the CU debacle.Other than me,who thought OU would be back in the TOP 10 with 5 regular season games to go?Stranger things have already happened this year.

dolemitesooner
10/15/2007, 09:13 AM
I didn't imply you said such a statement. I was stating that OSU has no reason to be ranked #1 and go to a title game until they actually beat a decent team.

READING IS EASY, UNDERSTANDING IS FUNDAMENTAL!They can only play who is ahead of them. Their computer ranking is higher than ours. They deserve to play in it if they go undefeated

David Earl
10/15/2007, 09:21 AM
You people, we could lose all our remaining games and STILL play for the national championship. Here's how it would work. All we would need is for everybody else to lose all their remaining games by a really huge margin. We'd be in like Flint!

OU Adonis
10/15/2007, 09:23 AM
Considering how the top 5 keep losing every week I like our chances.

stoopified
10/15/2007, 09:26 AM
Did I forget to mention UM could also give us a HUGE boost by winning out?Don't laugh,they have only lost by 3,6 to Georgia Tech,UNC.They still have FSU,NC State,Virginia,VTech, and BOSTON COLLEGE left. A 9-3 UM finsh is possible.They could boost us and bring down BC.

misplaced_sooner
10/15/2007, 09:28 AM
They can only play who is ahead of them. Their computer ranking is higher than ours. They deserve to play in it if they go undefeated

I'm not worred, OhSU will lose 2, probably Penn State/Illinois.

BC has a tough road ahead. Florida St., Clemson, Maryland, and the canes. While not a brutal schedule, I'm sure they come thru that undefeated.

South Florida has the easiest road, the only real worries for them might be Cincy and Louisville.

LSU still has to beat either Kentucky, South Carolina again. That is a tough road.

OU has a really good chance of making the title game.

GO SOONERS!

Andrew

soonernation
10/15/2007, 09:31 AM
Our computer ranking is only going to get worse as teams with one lose like South Carolina, and Kentucky, or Auburn keep winning.

South Carolina has to go to Arkansas and Tennessee. They also have to play Florida. They will lose at least one of those games.

Kentucky gets Florida and Tennessee at home plus they have to go to Georgia. I think they lose a least a game in here somewhere as well.

Auburn has already lost two games. They are not in the discussion.

As Oklahoma's will only get worse because we play teams like IowaState, Baylor, and A&m.

North Texas, and UtahState are killing us.

If Oklahoma wins out that's all we can ask for. The Big 12 is very weak but I think it plays into OU's hands. Hopefully Texas and Missouri win out if they do it will help OU's computer ranking.

Also we need to win out Osu @ home and Tech on the road are not gauranteed wins with the way this team plays sometimes.

If Tech wins all their games coming into the OU game they will be a top 15 team and beating them will go a long way in the computer rankings. The problem here is Tech and Missouri play this year so one of them will have at least two losses.

We need to be hoping we win out and win a big 12 title. This MNC talk is getting old. First off we don't deserve to be there after losing to Colorado, secondly there is not a chance in hell we get there anyways.

Our schedule compared to the other one loss teams out there sets up well for OU to win #8. If South Florida or tOSU lose a game then they are going to fall out of the discussion like a rock. Of those two I think South Florida has the beat chance to go undefeated.

If OU goes undefeated the rest of the year we have a VERY good shot at going to the BCS Title game. We need some things to go our way but to say it's impossible is wrong.

bstuff1979
10/15/2007, 09:37 AM
I'm not worried. Karma will take over and OU will play either LSU or Oregon for the title. Now, it may be the AP national title, but it will be for at least a share of the national title. If it happens to be Oregon, I can promise that OU will win. Oregon will be setting up for a field goal, with the game set at 31-30 Oklahoma on top with 2 second left. The Nike, er, Oregon kicker only has to kick this 27 yd'er to win the game. What happens? 12 men in the huddle for the ugly ducks, OU wins. Meanwhile, South Florida beats Boston College in that other game.

Tulsa_Fireman
10/15/2007, 09:45 AM
I think we should refuse to attend the National Championship game even if we get to go because Doleo said we got no chance.

In fact, I think we should all just roll over and poo in our pants.

birddog
10/15/2007, 09:46 AM
Considering how the top 5 keep losing every week I like our chances.

me too except we're back in that top 5.

yermom
10/15/2007, 09:53 AM
ahh, doleo, always telling people what to think and what to talk about.

this is the same guy that thought we'd be like 12th even if we beat Missouri

personally, i want to see what happens if we end up #1 in the AP and #3 in the BCS ;)

although, at this point it doesn't really matter because i don't think we are going to beat a top 2 team they way our special teams is playing right now. we need to fix that nowish

MextheBulldog
10/15/2007, 10:02 AM
After the last two weeks, how can anyone expect to win out much less predict what is going to happen over the next month?

yermom
10/15/2007, 10:07 AM
yeah, there is a lot of football to be played to start worrying about how we are going to get screwed

all we can do is win out, then worry about it

OKC-SLC
10/15/2007, 10:07 AM
In fact, I think we should all just roll over and poo in our pants.
Done.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/15/2007, 10:10 AM
First lets deal with factual error:Auburn is a 2 loss team,secondly we do have boost for SOS in the future as KU is # 13 in BCS,Missou #16,UT #22,TT #24.What people are forgetting here is not only do your future foes affect your BCS,so do the past.IF UT wins out,that helps,IF Missou or KU wins out,that helps(especilly if KU beats a one losss Missou for Big 12 North).Yes OU is a longshot but not as much as they were right after the CU debacle.Other than me,who thought OU would be back in the TOP 10 with 5 regular season games to go?Stranger things have already happened this year.

Exactly. I might also add that unless something has changed this year the computer average does NOT comprise 3/4 of the BCS rank. If we finish #1 or #2 in poll average I don't think the computers will hurt us to much. They COULD prevent us from getting in.

That is a LONG way from saying we have no chance of playing in the title game. If we win out I'd so we will have close to a 50/50 chance. Teams ahead and immediately behind us are going to lose some games.

David Earl
10/15/2007, 10:19 AM
all we can do is win out, then worry about it

Bless your heart you just don't get it do you? WE CAN LOSE THE REST OF OUR GAMES AND STILL BE CHAMPS AS LONG AS EVERYBODY ELSE LOSES ALL THEIR GAMES BY A BIGGER MARGIN!!1!!!!1

:mad:

yermom
10/15/2007, 10:24 AM
and then we play Notre Dame

limey_sooner
10/15/2007, 10:25 AM
Well I would have never believed that the sooners would be in the top 5 three weeks after blowing a big lead at Colorado. This of all years is not the one to be making "no chance" predictions.

85sooners
10/15/2007, 10:26 AM
:pop:

rhombic21
10/15/2007, 10:36 AM
I rate our chances of getting in as pretty good at this point, actually, if we win out (which is a giant IF). I am pretty convinced that both USF and BC will lose. USC, Cal, Arizona State, and Oregon are going to beat up on each other. I'm not worried about Kentucky. They still have to play Florida, and would also have to play LSU in a rematch at the SEC title game. South Carolina is in a similar boat.

All that we need, at this point, is for LSU or Ohio State to lose. Both teams have some difficult games left, and I don't think either has looked unbeatable (clearly LSU isn't unbeatable. They barely got by Florida at home, and lost to Kentucky on the road).

We don't control our own destiny for the NC game, but it's far from impossible or unlikely. Obviously though, it's a moot point if we don't take care of business, starting this week against Iowa State.

Octavian
10/15/2007, 10:37 AM
...i want to see what happens if we end up #1 in the AP and #3 in the BCS...

eww...:O

I think we'll win out at home. Right now, Bobby is 51-2 in Norman...and at the end of '07 he'll be 54-2.

@ Tech and/or the Big XII CCG (most likely a Mizzou rematch) are toss-ups. Maybe at best....for many of the reasons already stated in this thread. We're talented, but we could definitely drop one of those two matchups.

But...it's only mid-October. Looking at the BCS #-crunched standings right now is meaningless. The system will shake itself out by December. And our team is more than capable of running the table. And should we win out and finish 12-1....I fully expect to be in New Orleans playing for the national championship because not many other teams will match that record.

Plus, we lost earlier than anyone else and a 12-1 Oklahoma squad will look like a good option to voters when everyone else has another loss too. Right or wrong, the Paperclip and the jersey name go a long way.

TexasLidig8r
10/15/2007, 10:42 AM
If you do win out and don't play for the MNC, is it too early for me to start the "ESPN, SI, the Computers, the Media" hate us and are prejudiced against us remarks that will be so prevalent on here?

sitzpinkler
10/15/2007, 10:43 AM
What people are forgetting here is not only do your future foes affect your BCS,so do the past.IF UT wins out,that helps,IF Missou or KU wins out,that helps(especilly if KU beats a one losss Missou for Big 12 North).

I assume you're referring to KU as a future opponent in the Big 12 Championship game?

BillyBall
10/15/2007, 10:45 AM
What we can control is the way we perform weekly, and to get to the NC game our Special Teams need to start looking a hell of a lot better. They are "Special Olympic" right now...

sooner_champak
10/15/2007, 10:46 AM
now that everyone is giving reasons why we will/won't make it to NC, here is another doomsday scenario.

with #1/#2 team loosing every week for last 2 weeks and we ranked #4 right now. if this #1 or #2 loosing a game trend continues, it's possible that next week when we play Iowa State and win, either OSU or South Florida lose and we move to rank #3. then following week we win against A&M, and then ranked #1 or #2 team looses and we will then move to #2 position. lets say now we do win against Baylor and the team ranked #1 looses, then we move to rank #1.

So behold my friends we enter ranked #1 in that week, go on road to Texas Tech and if the #1 team in the nation has to loose to continue the trend, we are DOOOOOOOMED.

Widescreen
10/15/2007, 10:46 AM
If you do win out and don't play for the MNC, is it too early for me to start the "ESPN, SI, the Computers, the Media" hate us and are prejudiced against us remarks that will be so prevalent on here?
Why? Do those entities hate Texas?

usmc-sooner
10/15/2007, 10:47 AM
so you're saying there's a chance

sooner_champak
10/15/2007, 10:54 AM
I agree with CNN-SI reporter Stewart Mandel who wrote in his BCS poll analysis.

"If ever there was a season to "wait and see how things play out," this is most definitely it."

So many doomsday scenarios, so many possibilities, so many teams bucking under pressure, never know how this season might turn out to be.

XFollower
10/15/2007, 10:59 AM
For sale:

Lots of OU apparel
LCD HD TV
Dog named Boomer
Ringtone collection
Lots more...

Now that we don't have a chance, I'm resigning my fan card.

:)

GrapevineSooner
10/15/2007, 11:04 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if we have at least two more teams that hold the mantle of '#1 team in the nation' before the season ends.

TUSooner
10/15/2007, 11:08 AM
I don't know if we'll have a shot. I hope we will, but I don't really care all that much. I'm happy if we win any game and and sad if we lose any game, but not too much of either.

Just enjoy the ride, folks!

yermom
10/15/2007, 11:13 AM
For sale:

Lots of OU apparel
LCD HD TV
Dog named Boomer
Ringtone collection
Lots more...

Now that we don't have a chance, I'm resigning my fan card.

:)

i got tree fiddy

JiuJitsuSooner
10/15/2007, 11:14 AM
It doesn't matter who wins it because Bama's gonna claim it regardless...

dolemitesooner
10/15/2007, 11:29 AM
ahh, doleo, always telling people what to think and what to talk about.

this is the same guy that thought we'd be like 12th even if we beat Missouri

personally, i want to see what happens if we end up #1 in the AP and #3 in the BCS ;)

although, at this point it doesn't really matter because i don't think we are going to beat a top 2 team they way our special teams is playing right now. we need to fix that nowish
I said we would be 12th in the computer polls moron. and we are 11th.

STFU

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/15/2007, 11:38 AM
Heck, if we aren't able to get to the NC game, I want a bowl game against the domer!!!

Stoop Dawg
10/15/2007, 11:41 AM

STFU

So, you're saying you were wrong?

yermom
10/15/2007, 11:52 AM

STFU

you said we were going to be like 25th or some **** in the computer polls

Partial Qualifier
10/15/2007, 11:52 AM
** POSSIBLE ANTI-KARMA AFFECTOR -- THIS POST DOES NOT EXIST **

Although I politely disagree with the original post, I'm not gonna argue with Dolemite because he's leveling out the karma index. In a year like this, starting a thread about how we have zero chance for the BCS MNC game... this is good.

If the karma-inflecting nature of this post was by design, Dolemite, I salute you. If not, thank you just the same.

** POSSIBLE ANTI-KARMA AFFECTOR -- THIS POST DOES NOT EXIST **

toast
10/15/2007, 12:07 PM

shouldn't you be more concerned about playing baylor this week for the B12 south cellar?

Stoop Dawg
10/15/2007, 01:10 PM

Too early? That's a year-round sport.

On a related note, I saw a funny post on Mandel's blog about how Ohio State isn't getting any respect. Yes, the same Ohio State that is ranked #1 in pretty much every poll - they're evidently not getting enough respect. Ain't the innerweb great?

fadada1
10/15/2007, 01:16 PM
i don't know what the end of the year will bring, but i think it would be fun to play BC or Tosu. if it happens to be for the shiney trophy, cool. if not, it'd be cool to play a different conference power in a big bowl game.

r5TPsooner
10/15/2007, 01:18 PM
Before I even knew who in the hell Sam Bradford was, I thought that OU would lose a couple games and at best win the Big XII South title this year. If we do better than that, it's just extra gravy in my eyes.

ISU will gives us there best game on Saturday because it's there bowl game this year.

Miko
10/15/2007, 01:24 PM
... it's just extra gravy in my eyes.

Always wear protective goggles during Thanksgiving dinners. :D

deweydw
10/15/2007, 01:32 PM
It looks as though Yahoo is giving the Sooners a shot at the title.

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=jn-bcsfolo101407&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

A lot can happen between now and the MNC.

Chrisrokc
10/15/2007, 01:49 PM
I say we get close if not into play the big game. Reason why?

Ohio has to play at Penn State and Michigan. Ohio isn't THAT great. They will lose one, maybe both.

Once those small teams, BC and SFU, lose one game they will drop behind OU and LSU in the Coaches and AP poll for sure. They will also drop in the computer poll, hopefully below us after we move up some.

Miles at LSU takes a ton of risk, and no doubt they are a good team, but I think this will cost them another loss. I could be wrong but they have to play Auburn coming off a loss this week, then they are going to have to play Kentucky or Flordia most likely in the SEC championship game. So I say they have another loss coming.

So assuming all this is the case we will be ranked in the number 1 spot in the AP and Coaches poll and I say like 5 in the computer polls.

Anyways I like out chances for use to be atleast number 2. :pop:

Will
10/15/2007, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=dolemitesooner]Ohio state, Bc and South Folirda could all lose a game and we still won't play in the title game.

Its getting ****ing old hearing people talk about it when we still have 5 games to ****ing win.[/QUOTE

:mad:

hOlden caUlfield...
10/15/2007, 01:56 PM
who was the guy that said we were definitlely going to lose the Miami game?

CitySooner
10/15/2007, 02:10 PM
Who has the edge?
Who has the edge?

By Jason King, Yahoo! Sports
October 14, 2007

NORMAN, Okla. – The Oklahoma Sooners are ranked fifth in the first Bowl Championship Series poll of the season, but cornerback D.J. Wolf is hardly discouraged.

"Hey," Wolfe said, "it's a crazy season in college football. If we win the rest of our games, who knows what will happen?"

No one, apparently.

Would winning out ensure tradition-rich programs such as Oklahoma or No. 4 LSU get a shot at the national title? Or will college football fans be treated to a riveting Sugar Bowl showdown between Ohio State and South Florida? The Buckeyes and Bulls occupy the top two slots in the first poll.

"All we're concerned with right now is the Big 12 title," Oklahoma running back DeMarco Murray said. "It's pointless to worry about a national title. We don't have any control over that."

ADVERTISEMENT

Actually, the Sooners would've been a favorite to end up in New Orleans if not for a stunning loss at Colorado on Sept. 29. But the guess here is that Bob Stoops' squad will still get a shot at college football's crown because a) The Sooners are as talented as any team in the country and b) Oklahoma has a favorable schedule.

The Sooners' next three games are against Iowa State, Texas A&M and Baylor. On Saturday those schools lost by a combined score of 149-17. A Nov. 17 road game at Texas Tech and a Big 12 Championship tilt – probably against Missouri – are the main two things standing in Oklahoma's path.

Well, that and Ohio State, South Florida and Boston College.

Those three schools are each undefeated and ranked ahead of Oklahoma and LSU in the standings. The toughest game remaining on Ohio State's schedule is a Nov. 17 regular season finale against Michigan – a team the Buckeyes have defeated three years in a row. So Ohio State is a lock for New Orleans if it wins out.

"We know that next Sunday, when the next rankings come out, we'll be up there if we win," Ohio State coach Jim Tressel said. "If we don't we'll be elsewhere. Our guys understand the task at hand."

The bigger question Sunday was whether Oklahoma and LSU could leapfrog South Florida and Boston College if all four schools win out. The Sooners and Tigers play tougher schedules, yet the gap between No. 3 and No. 4 in the BCS poll is significant.

"I'm not thinking about all that other stuff," South Florida coach Jim Leavitt said. "I'm really not. It's going to be a barnburner the next couple of weeks, because the Big East is strong."

Here's a look at the top five teams in the BCS poll and their upcoming schedules. Predictions indicate pre-bowl game records.

• No. 1 Ohio State (7-0): Beating Washington and Purdue was nice, but the Buckeyes haven't exactly defeated a top-tier opponent. Also helping Ohio State's cause is that it competes in a weak Big Ten conference. Look for Tressel's squad to improve to 11-0 by beating Penn State on the road and Michigan State, Wisconsin and Illinois. A regular-season finale at Michigan could knock them out of the national title game. Ohio State owns three straight victories over the Wolverines.

Prediction: 12-0, National runner-up

• No. 2 South Florida (7-0): Enough with the bashing of the Bulls. South Florida owns victories against West Virginia, Auburn and North Carolina. Saturday they pasted a decent Central Florida squad 64-12. This is a legit team, folks. Still, the Bulls have a tough path ahead. Thursday's road game at Rutgers will be a slugfest, as will home games against Cincinnati and Louisville. South Florida had never been ranked before this season. All this attention could eventually wear on the Bulls.

Prediction: 10-2

• No. 3 Boston College (7-0): Take away victories against Wake Forest and Georgia Tech, and it's not as if the Eagles have survived a gantlet of tough teams. Matt Ryan has blossomed into one of the nation's top quarterbacks, but it will be tough to come through road games at Clemson, Maryland and Virginia Tech without a blemish.

Prediction: 10-2

• No. 4 LSU (6-1): Despite Saturday's triple overtime loss at Kentucky, the argument could still be made that the Tigers are the best team in the country. The problem is that they play in the SEC, where one bad week could cost you a shot at the title. LSU will likely win the rest of its regular-season games – against Auburn, Alabama, Ole Miss, Louisiana Tech and Arkansas. But even if that happened it'd have to play in the SEC Championship, perhaps against Florida.

Prediction: 11-2

• No. 5 Oklahoma (6-1): The Sooners appear to have the easiest path toward New Orleans – mainly because they're benefiting from a down year in the Big 12. Oklahoma’s next three games are gimmes. After that they'll be tested by high-scoring Texas Tech in Lubbock and in the Big 12 Championship game, likely against Missouri. The Sooners could lose either one of those contests. In the end, though, their superior talent and coaching will prevail.

Prediction: 12-1, national champion

Jason King is a college football and basketball writer for Yahoo! Sports. Send Jason a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

At least someone thinks we have a chance :rolleyes:

Sooner02
10/15/2007, 02:28 PM
The premise of this thread is totally false. Of course we have a chance. Right now all of the top 5 BCS teams have a chance to play in the NC. It's the middle of October, and a LONG way and a lot of games left before the final poll.

There is nothing to gain by worrying about things you cannot control.

KRYPTON
10/15/2007, 02:44 PM
The realm of rational possibility has us anywhere between:

#1 with one loss
#whocares after losing to Tech and OSU because of group brainlock.

It'll take a lot more than brainlock to achieve the true mathematical bottom of losing out from here - something like alien invasion might cause that, but gimme a break.

Giving up on the national title during a season like THIS when you've just played the first game of the second half and you're sitting at #5 = :stunned:

The scenario that's making me nervous is winning out at the same time that LSU wins out. I really, REALLY don't want a rematch of the Sugar Bowel. At least we don't have Charles Short at offensive coordinator.

Stoop Dawg
10/15/2007, 03:05 PM
• No. 5 Oklahoma (6-1): The Sooners appear to have the easiest path toward New Orleans – mainly because they're benefiting from a down year in the Big 12. Oklahoma’s next three games are gimmes. After that they'll be tested by high-scoring Texas Tech in Lubbock and in the Big 12 Championship game, likely against Missouri. The Sooners could lose either one of those contests. In the end, though, their superior talent and coaching will prevail.

Prediction: 12-1, national champion

Jason King is a college football and basketball writer for Yahoo! Sports. Send Jason a question or comment for potential use in a future column or webcast.

I'm so sick of the media bias against OU. Screw 'em all.

Widescreen
10/15/2007, 03:24 PM
I'm so sick of the media bias against OU. Screw 'em all.
Notice, he didn't predict a 13-0 record for us. Bastard!

r5TPsooner
10/15/2007, 03:54 PM
The Big East is strong?

Heh.

soonergirlNeugene
10/15/2007, 04:02 PM
This season has been anything but predictable. It's way too early to predict the national championship game one way or the other, much less say with any certainty that any team is either a lock or has no chance to play in the game.

Animal Mother
10/15/2007, 04:18 PM
Is this thread over yet? I needed some rest, so I read it and now I’m very sleepy.
One more thing, who p*ssed in Petey Wheatstraw, the devil’s son-in-law, the high sheriff of hell’s Rice Krispies to get this whole thread started?:rolleyes:

OK2LA
10/15/2007, 04:28 PM
Ohio state, Bc and South Folirda could all lose a game and we still won't play in the title game.

Its getting ****ing old hearing people talk about it when we still have 5 games to ****ing win.

Don't you owe me $100.00 or something?!?:pop:

FaninAma
10/15/2007, 04:34 PM
There is one undeniable truth that has become even more obvious in this whacked out season and that is:

THE BCS BLOWS!!!

Please, somebody try and defend this abomination this year. Please, tell us how it enhances the regular season and would be more fair than a playoff. Please, somebody tell us how the BCS will once agin "get it right" by choosing 2 one-loss teams over a dozen other one-loss teams.

And do it with a freaking straight face.

And Dean, quit using my sig. It should only be applied to posters who are truly f***ing rays of sunshine like myself.
Doleo's got some work to so to reach that status.

yermom
10/15/2007, 04:44 PM
the BCS is still better than it would be without the BCS

at least this way it's not just some conference tie-in and the top 1-loss/undefeated teams playing some other 2+ loss conference champs in different bowls

say BC, tOSU and USF all won out, tOSU would be playing the Pac-10 champ in the Rose Bowl and who knows where USF and BC would be, but they could all end up undefeated or BC and USF would play each other in the OB and neither would have a shot if tOSU wins

Texas Golfer
10/15/2007, 06:25 PM
We're going to WIN the National Championship and nobody is going to convince me otherwise.

FirstandGoal
10/15/2007, 06:29 PM
So.....

I really didn't have time to read all 4 pages of this thread.

What did we decide?

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/15/2007, 06:33 PM
Is this thread over yet? I needed some rest, so I read it and now I’m very sleepy.
One more thing, who p*ssed in Petey Wheatstraw, the devil’s son-in-law, the high sheriff of hell’s Rice Krispies to get this whole thread started?:rolleyes:Are you the viking woman's twin sister?

fossil
10/15/2007, 07:51 PM
Our computer ranking is only going to get worse as teams with one lose like South Carolina, and Kentucky, or Auburn keep winning. As Oklahoma's will only get worse because we play teams like Iowa State, Baylor, and A&m.

Thanks E-ore. Seen the pooh anywhere?

Leroy Lizard
10/15/2007, 07:57 PM
I just hope we don't start claiming pseudo-championships if we happen to win out from here and don't make it to the national championship game.

man00
10/15/2007, 10:02 PM
Yeah, OU will not be in NC game, and they shouldn't be. I see OU getting beat once more in the Big 12 maybe twice more. This team is soft of defense and I see a little quit in them.

Leroy Lizard
10/15/2007, 10:12 PM
Soft on defense, maybe. Quit? Not so sure about that.

C&CDean
10/15/2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah, OU will not be in NC game, and they shouldn't be. I see OU getting beat once more in the Big 12 maybe twice more. This team is soft of defense and I see a little quit in them.

HMMM. I just read your 31 posts. Miami and Texas were both gonna beat us according to you. I'm pretty much thinking you're an ag, and a not very smart one at that.

Widescreen
10/15/2007, 10:32 PM
HMMM. I just read your 31 posts. Miami and Texas were both gonna beat us according to you. I'm pretty much thinking you're an ag, and a not very smart one at that.
He told you right there in his username that he's a man. What more do you want?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/16/2007, 10:34 AM
IF OU loses again we have no chance to play in the national title game.

Other than that the whole premise of the thread is stupid. I've now seen/read at least 3 different people in the national media that have picked OU to play in the NC game, one has us winning.

Odds are good that we are #3 in the BCS by Sunday. Would we have no chance then?

dolemitesooner
10/16/2007, 01:57 PM
you said we were going to be like 25th or some **** in the computer polls
Why are you such a ****ing idiot

dolemitesooner
10/16/2007, 01:58 PM
IF OU loses again we have no chance to play in the national title game.

Other than that the whole premise of the thread is stupid. I've now seen/read at least 3 different people in the national media that have picked OU to play in the NC game, one has us winning.

Odds are good that we are #3 in the BCS by Sunday. Would we have no chance then?
Yeah cause the media is always right:rolleyes:

yermom
10/16/2007, 02:05 PM
Why are you such a ****ing idiot

this from the guy that doesn't even understand the conference tie-ins

dolemitesooner
10/16/2007, 02:30 PM
this from the guy that doesn't even understand the conference tie-ins
Dude wtf are you talking about

Rose Bowl: Pac-10 and Big Ten
Fiesta Bowl : Big 12 and random
Sugar: Sec -random
Orange- ACC- BIG EAST

but none of that really ****ing maters because the campionship game can **** it all up and the highest bidder can take who in the **** they want. The Bcs does not even know how it ****ing works sometimes. Its ****ing changed with the wind.

You have no idea what you talking about.

yermom
10/16/2007, 02:34 PM
well, you almost have it right

dolemitesooner
10/16/2007, 02:36 PM
well, you almost have it right
i HOPE YOU DIE OF GONERIA

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/16/2007, 03:18 PM
Yeah cause the media is always right:rolleyes:

I see your ante and I fold...

So you still think OKlahoma has NO chance to play in the BCS championship. I point out that several media members do not only say it is possible but even predict it and your argument is the media isn't always right?

Have you seen Happy Gilmore?

dolemitesooner
10/16/2007, 04:09 PM

So you still think OKlahoma has NO chance to play in the BCS championship. I point out that several media members do not only say it is possible but even predict it and your argument is the media isn't always right?

HAVE YOU EVER HAD SEX WITH A SHEEP? HMMM

WELL HAVE YOU:cool:

madillsoonerfan5353
10/16/2007, 08:46 PM

We weren't favs to win OUr fourth Big XII championship either last year with a convert QB to WR back to QB either!!! Its a long season and all we can do is win!!! BOOMER FREAKIN' SOONER

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/16/2007, 11:09 PM
HAVE YOU EVER HAD SEX WITH A SHEEP? HMMM

WELL HAVE YOU:cool:

If the barnyard's rocking...

dolemitesooner
10/17/2007, 10:35 AM
If the barnyard's rocking...
:D

astro5169
10/17/2007, 10:39 AM
Bob says play one game at a time and worry about you. It will work out. I dont want to play LSU or USC or OSU. Lets see Missouri climb up and we can play the big 12 champ and then 1 month later repeat it.

The big 12 keeps getting crap about being down? Why do we have 6 of our teams in the top25?

i AM STILL LAUGHING AT THE osu coach,...... they suck so bad.

Animal Mother
10/17/2007, 05:27 PM
Are you the viking woman's twin sister?

I'm not a sister to anyone Sparky.Are you Roy Cohn's boyfriend?

Stoop Dawg
10/18/2007, 12:37 PM

Pssst, dolemitesooner is a troll.

It's impossible for a real person to be that stupid.

Crucifax Autumn
10/20/2007, 02:06 AM
Oh...It's possible! Just visit Vegas some day!