PDA

View Full Version : What next, Oh Lord?

LoyalFan
10/15/2007, 06:20 AM
My downstairs neighbor rang my doorbell at 0300 this AM to tell me that the ceiling in the master bath of his place was soggy and near collapse due to a water leak in MY master bath. Turns out it was the toilet cutoff valve at the wall beneath my master potty. Y'see, I use the guest bathroom and haven't even been in the master bath in days so I had no inkling that this was afoot.
Sooooo...My insurer will have to cover the repairs to his unit but I don't think I'm covered for the soaked carpet and whatever collateral damage in my condo.
What "idOit" decided to build this complex of condos with carpeted bathrooms anyway?!?!?!?!
I can't turn the water off to my unit without affecting the seven other units in our building so I can do no more than remain awake (got three hours sleep) and keep emptying the pan under the valve. I'm hopeful my handyman/hunting buddy/good friend can get here this PM to change the valve. That means, of course, that the entire building will be without water for a while just as folks are coming home from work wanting to shower, cook, etc.
Money's VERY tight, I've not been especially well (I'm 64 and have some "issues", like atrial fib and PTSD from a place long ago and far away.)
Some of you may recall that my beloved Martha passed away suddenly in September '03, at age 34, and there've been a series of other "last straws" ever since.
Frankly, I'm about ready to shuffle off this mortal coil.
I'm aware that others here have suffered greater tragedies than this latest jab in my ribs. Folks like PB4OU's family and several more come to mind.
So, forgive me for venting/whining/or whatever you judge this to be, but at this hour there's no one else to tell my troubles to...'cept that framed photo on my nightstand, but looking at the sweet face that I'll never touch or kiss again is just too much for now.
This board has been a joy and comfort to me for several years so much I regret laying all this on you. Forgive me if you can.

LF

1stTimeCaller
10/15/2007, 07:02 AM
That sucks, man. God Bless.

Boomer.....
10/15/2007, 07:28 AM
Hang in there. Everything will work out for you.

sanantoniosooner
10/15/2007, 07:47 AM
We'll see you in a bit and fix that leak.

You have to at least hang around until Thursday.

IB4OU2
10/15/2007, 09:02 AM
Loyal,

It'll be allright....sometimes the darkest times are right before the brightest. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God Bless and know you do have people that care for you here.

IB

OKC-SLC
10/15/2007, 10:14 AM
LF,

It sounds like you've had a real rough go of it lately. Everything happens for a reason; please keep your head up.

olevetonahill
10/15/2007, 10:22 AM
Hey Bro . It will all work out . Prayers sent for YOU .
Do you still have my # ? You can call me 24/7
You do know that we ALL here for you right ?
SAS will fix your water thingy up .

Widescreen
10/15/2007, 10:23 AM
Things will be better.

ChickSoonerFan
10/15/2007, 10:52 AM
Sometimes it just all builds up and you've got to vent somewhere. Sorry for your troubled times, hope things look different quickly and you feel much better.

usmc-sooner
10/15/2007, 11:03 AM
every time I feel like that I can hear old Dick Valvano speech. (thanks OCUdad)

hang in there Loyal.

Chuck Bao
10/15/2007, 01:05 PM
Hang in there, bro.

And, remember that we're always here for you.

HskrGrl
10/15/2007, 01:14 PM
I'll be praying for you! *bighug*

Ike
10/15/2007, 01:20 PM
Hang in there LF. We'll keep you in our thoughts.

OUHOMER
10/15/2007, 03:41 PM
LF, I know sometimes it seems the world is ganging up on you. Just pick your chin up and smile.....

You know it could have be worse, it could have been the toilet, you could have been sitting on the toilet, the toilet could have fallen thru the floor.

I sent prayers and a smile your way.

SoonerJack
10/15/2007, 03:43 PM
LF, it warms my heart to see the SO crew pickin' you up when you're down. It's gonna get better my friend, it's gonna get better.

Praying for you today...
jw

Ike
10/15/2007, 03:52 PM
LF, I know sometimes it seems the world is ganging up on you. Just pick your chin up and smile.....

You know it could have be worse, it could have been the toilet, you could have been sitting on the toilet, the toilet could have fallen thru the floor.

I sent prayers and a smile your way.

Heh. that made me laugh a bit :O

Imagine a dude falling through the floor on the john into his neighbors house, and neighbor dude immediately saying "Holy crap dude, what did you eat?!?"

(srsly LF, I ain't laughin at the seriousness of the situation...just tryin to help you smile a little bit)

sanantoniosooner
10/15/2007, 05:26 PM
I went by and stopped the leak. Damage to his place was minimal, but the downstairs neighbors have a different view of it. We'll see what we can do to get things fixed up.

OCUDad
10/15/2007, 05:48 PM
LF, hopefully this outpouring of support from your SO friends convinces you that you got it pretty good after all. Hang in there. Like usmc-sooner says "Never give up. Don't ever give up."

soonersweetie
10/15/2007, 05:50 PM
Blessings to you SAS, that was very kind of you. LF hang in there, it will get better. I know that doesn't make you feel much better right now, but it will.

Hugs to you :)

sanantoniosooner
10/15/2007, 05:51 PM
LF is a fine gentleman and has helped my family out when we were in need.

All I'm doing is extending the same in return. I consider him a friend.

olevetonahill
10/15/2007, 06:04 PM
LF is a fine gentleman and has helped my family out when we were in need.

All I'm doing is extending the same in return. I consider him a friend.
Good on ya . Thats what this board ia all about . We may **** an moan and antagonise each other :P . But when help is needed we do what we can . wether it be house probs . car probs . Med ?
Why I love and support Sooner Fans .com :cool:

Chuck Bao
10/15/2007, 06:12 PM
Good on ya . Thats what this board ia all about . We may **** an moan and antagonise each other :P . But when help is needed we do what we can . wether it be house probs . car probs . Med ?
Why I love and support Sooner Fans .com :cool:

And everyone said: "Amen".