PDA

View Full Version : SEC: Home of the classiest fans on the face of the earth!

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2007, 01:07 AM
Can you imagine OUr fans doing this? I mean we have had games actually stolen from us by officials, games that we were winning, and by all rights should have won taken away from us and handed to the other team, and I can't see us doing this.

link (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/ncaa/10/14/mississippi.state.arrests.ap/index.html)

What is up with the SEC fans?

tommieharris91
10/15/2007, 01:14 AM
Among the garbage tossed on the field were whiskey and vodka bottles and a complete set of red high heel shoes.

SEC football at its finest.

Ash
10/15/2007, 01:18 AM
Not to mention the death threats by Florida and LSU fans.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:18 AM
Well, you have to understand...200 years of inbreeding does some weird things to the gene pool.

Sooner_Havok
10/15/2007, 01:20 AM
Other than lOSUr, Colorado and maybe Tech, can you think of any fan base in the Big XII that would be low enough to do anything like that?

OUTrumpet
10/15/2007, 01:27 AM
Other than lOSUr, Colorado and maybe Tech, can you think of any fan base in the Big XII that would be low enough to do anything like that?

You don't have to worry about beer or liquor bottles at Tech. They're in a dry county. The worst thing ever created by all of makind.

That's why they throw tortillas and stadium benches though.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:29 AM
I thought they threw meth lab components...

SoonerKnight
10/15/2007, 01:36 AM
I like that quote: "I just put my helmet on and strapped it up when the bottles started flying," defensive back Simeon Castille said.

:D SEC when will they learn?

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 01:43 AM
SEC fan "Lernin's fer them pointy headed liberals what like ta read and stuff"

KantoSooner
10/15/2007, 02:10 AM
It is not in good taste, but I attended several LSU games with friends from Nawlins and can understand how it could get out of hand. Essentially, no SEC game is complete without 99% of the fan base starting drinking at around 5:30 a.m.
And they ain't drinking beer, either. Nope. Those vodka and whisky bottles were probably numbers #5 and #6 for the person who threw them.
What astounds me is that SEC fans manage to find the stadium and then to find the exits when the game is over.
As for the games, hell, you could get the Shriners to drive their little cars in circles for three hours. So long as they wore bright clothes, no one in the stands would have the vaguest idea anything was amiss. Just announce the home team won after 'time' was called and be done with it.

Crucifax Autumn
10/15/2007, 02:12 AM
LMAO...that's funny...or sad...or...or...something!

SoonerStormchaser
10/15/2007, 08:30 AM
They've got nothing on tOSU's postgame campus riots!

aurorasooner
10/15/2007, 09:04 AM
A game changing replay-overturn like that, especially at the end of the game, needs to shown to the fans on the replay boards. The exact angle replay that the replay official saw to overturn a play needs to shown immediately on the stadium replay boards and TV, or if the game wasn't televised, needs to be made available to the press on no later than Sunday. With all of replay official total f-ups, and after the infamous Gordo/Whoregon corrupt replay call, fans are more sensitive than ever about these guys being inept and even on-the-take. If these replay officials made the incorrect call on overturning an on-the-field call, then they need to be banned from officiating in any future NCAA games. Unfortunately, I don't see any way to make these blown replay calls right (if they were incorrect in the 1st place--I haven't seen the play in question).
It's like JI's catch at Colorado, I didn't see one bit of video evidence that it shoud've been overturned, and the Big 12 conference hasn't made any non-broadcast replay of that play (if there was one) available to the press. It's not going to get any better until 1) Live TV is allowed inside the replay booth (like that Thurs. night ESPN broadcast or 2) Video evidence to uphold a replay official's overturn of an on the field call is made available to the press and the fans. If the conferences are not going to do this, then they need to abolish instant replay completely because it's only going to deteriorate further.

OUmillenium
10/15/2007, 09:09 AM
Down with instant replay.

Southerners drinking whiskey? No way

OUMallen
10/15/2007, 09:20 AM
Even our worst fans in the Big XII wouldn't do that. That wouldn't even happen if OU/TX were home and home.

Piware
10/15/2007, 09:22 AM

You forgot Kansas State.

JohnnyMack
10/15/2007, 09:23 AM
Among the garbage tossed on the field were whiskey and vodka bottles and a complete set of red high heel shoes.

That is impossible. VK was in Norman, I saw her at the tailgate.

Widescreen
10/15/2007, 10:12 AM
That is impossible. VK was in Norman, I saw her at the tailgate.
What makes you think she would part with a pair of shoes for any reason?

85sooners
10/15/2007, 10:32 AM
:eek:

Sooner FLiP
10/15/2007, 10:39 AM
this doesnt suprise me. my sister brought her boyfriend and a few of his friends (whom are all die hard LSU fans and live in Baton Rouge) to Dallas for the RRS. i had a discussion about fans and how we hated texas but in the end it is all just about football. he proceeded to talk about how LSU fans are ruthless and that they like to start fights with the other team's fans just because. and he was actually proud of it. he was wondering why we didnt pick a fight with the UT fans. i was wowed beyond words.

AlabamaSooner
10/15/2007, 10:55 AM
It's gotten a lot worse as of late. When they say the SEC has the most passionate, rabid fans, it's true. The "class" aspect is dropping though, however. SEC games are still the most fun to go to (in my own opinion after going to MANY venues in both conferences), but it can get ruthless. Not sure what really set it off, but oh well. I'll be in T-town for Bama/Tennessee this weekend so you may hear more stuff related to this from this game as well. :P

Miko
10/15/2007, 12:21 PM
Let's not be so quick to rush to judgement here.

Flying whiskey bottles, women's clothing tossed about, arrests - including a juevenile...

Are we sure this had anything to do with the game? Couldn't this just be a wild party getting going? Did they mention anything being broken???

aurorasooner
10/15/2007, 12:54 PM
What's the biotch from Ole Pizz fans? From the CBS Sportsline article, it sounds like the replay ref made the correct call. They probably couldn't hear the refs explanation because of all the Boos. If he stepped OB, and they showed it on the replay scoreboard, then the Ole Pizz fans are way out line. If that University doesn't completely ban fans bringing any kind of glass bottles/containers through the gates of that stadium, then the SEC should sanction them. That's just ridiculous. btw, are the after-911 searches of backpacks still going on in college football stadiums? If not, they should be.
Alabama scored ten points in the final eight minutes and benefited from a reversed field ruling by replay officials to rally for Saturday's 27-24 win over Mississippi.

The ruling wiped out a 41-yard pass play on fourth down from Ole Miss quarterback Seth Adams to Shay Hodge that gave the Rebels possession at the Alabama four yard line with seven seconds remaining.

A five-minute review clearly showed Hodge stepped out of bounds and returned to the field to make the catch.

The replay official reversed the ruling on the field. And boos came down from all over Vaught-Hemingway Stadium drowning out his words.

Then came the flying trash from some of the 59,791 fans. One photographer's head was bloodied with a glass bottle from the stands.

At least three fans were arrested.

KRYPTON
10/15/2007, 01:08 PM

Oh thank FSM it was the complete set, not a partial set.

Doesn't "set" imply more than two? Someone in Kentucky has more than two feet?

Could happen...